✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Nirvana

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he originally recorded it with nirvana right?, cause its on the with the lights out box set thing...thats the one i listen to. great song.

Well, perhaps a huge Nirvana fan should fill in the details because I am not certain of all the particulars. It is a Nirvana song written and sung by Dave Grohl, but my understanding is that he had written and recorded it earlier and then re-recorded it with Nirvana. I have heard it came from a Dave Grohl demo which was recorded under the pseudonym Late! I'm sure people will tell me if I'm wrong.

^ The entire "Skin and Bones" cd is great. It was recorded during a three night concert at the Pantages Theater in Los Angeles. I actually went to the second night of the recording. After hearing Marigold in concert, I looked up the history. That's why I am not an expert, but I remember reading about it before.

^That's my favorite Nirvana Song. I like the wateryness of it, and especially the chorus. My brother, the philosopher, makes a habit of judging people based on their favorite nirvana songs. He sees "Come as you are" as a reflection of my personality and justifies breaking up with his former girlfriend by pointing out her favorite nirvana song was "school" which, while a catchy song, he considers a poor and simplistic choice.

Its also interesting how Kurt mentions guns in each of the first three tracks on the album.

Today marks 15 years since the death of one of the most influential and brilliant artist of all time. Alot of people disagree with me when i say this but i firmly believe that he changed music single handedly forever. His mixture of heart & soul with grit and angst has never been emulated by anyone since. A true rock n roll legend who left us too soon.

RIP KURT COBAIN 05/04/1994

Today marks 15 years since the death of one of the most influential and brilliant artist of all time. Alot of people disagree with me when i say this but i firmly believe that he changed music single handedly forever. His mixture of heart & soul with grit and angst has never been emulated by anyone since. A true rock n roll legend who left us too soon.

I agree with you, Kurt was one of the greatest artist of the history. He changed music.

Kurt will live forever in thier music.

RIP Kurt D. Cobain

Kurt Cobain was brilliant, and it's a shame Nirvana ended like it did. However, I don't like it when artists who end their life early seem to be immortalized at a level that perhaps they would not have achieved had they lived on, and that's not taking anything away from Cobain. Everyone knows he never wanted attention or accolades.

Kurt Cobain was brilliant, and it's a shame Nirvana ended like it did. However, I don't like it when artists who end their life early seem to be immortalized at a level that perhaps they would not have achieved had they lived on, and that's not taking anything away from Cobain. Everyone knows he never wanted attention or accolades.

he was immortalized because the music was so good, and he may not have liked all the attention he got, but he did say in the interviews in about a son, that his intention was to make a difference musically and his goals for the band was to have commercial success. I guess he didn't realize what becoming the most famous musician in the world would do to his life. I think its alright to admire him and his work and there's no reason to believe he wouldn't have continued that success. Although probably not with nirvana as there was hints they were going to break up before his death. I think dead or alive his work was great and that hasn't be elevated by his death, same as say heath ledger. His performance as the joker was great whether he died or not.

he was immortalized because the music was so good, and he may not have liked all the attention he got, but he did say in the interviews in about a son, that his intention was to make a difference musically and his goals for the band was to have commercial success. I guess he didn't realize what becoming the most famous musician in the world would do to his life. I think its alright to admire him and his work and there's no reason to believe he wouldn't have continued that success. Although probably not with nirvana as there was hints they were going to break up before his death. I think dead or alive his work was great and that hasn't be elevated by his death, same as say heath ledger. His performance as the joker was great whether he died or not.

Three things have gone into immortalizing Kurt Cobain:

1) The fact that he was a brilliant talent

2) The fact that he died young

3) The fact that he died tragically

Kurt Cobain's legend has grown since his death, and I don't think you will be able to convince me that #2 and #3 have not played a role. Furthermore, I think our historical perspective of Kurt Cobain has been skewed by this fact, and I don't think that is a good thing. That is my opinion, but I respect the fact that you disagree.

So True. He was amazing!

I agree, i admire Kurt for thier music. :D