✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Paolo Nutini

fudge

Young, Talented, Hot and from Paisley - Not something you hear everyday! :laugh3:

I love his voice! He was on 4Music the other night and did a really great live performance of Last Request. :cool:

Thoughts everyone???!!

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, he's just another one of the current crop of bland solo artistes (such as James Blunt and Katie Melua) who are just boring the pants off everyone with their insipid material.

Another example is that excruciatingly dull Patrizio Buane, who has just released a horrendous cover version of Robbie's "Angels".

I wish they'd just all go away!!:angry:

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Paolo Nutini shuffles itinerary following Winehouse exit

paolonutini-012407.jpg

Fast-rising singer/songwriter Paolo Nutini [ tickets ] has quickly reshuffled his tour plans in the wake of Amy Winehouse [ tickets ]'s cancellation of the pair's co-headlining North American tour.

The Scottish performer has rescheduled fill-in dates for a lengthy outing that still follows the same approximate route that his tour with Winehouse would have, kicking off Sept. 7 in Buffalo and hitting a remarkable 38 cities through the end of October. All dates are included below.

"I'm terribly disappointed that I won't be sharing the stage with Amy," Nutini said in a prepared statement. "I'll be thinking a good thought for her, she is a remarkable talent

"In the meantime, I'm truly excited about this upcoming tour of North America--I guarantee it will be my best yet," the singer added.

Nutini's debut record, "These Streets," hit shelves in America last January to critical acclaim. The album's latest single, "Last Request," is currently No. 3 on Radio and Records' Triple A airplay chart, where lead cut "New Shoes" previously climbed to No. 1, according to press release.

The 20-year-old Nutini signed to Atlantic Records shortly after his 18th birthday and headed to Liverpool to work on "These Streets" with producer Ken Nelson (Coldplay, Ray LaMontagne). The record debuted in the Top 50 on The Billboard 200 and reached No. 3 in the UK. Several songs from the set are streaming at Nutini's MySpace page.

http://www.livedaily.com/news/12686.html

• 1 year later...

haha I though something like that when I heard the new album too..

These Streets was so good..and the new one is kinda...hmmm.....not necessarily bad...but kinda...strange... :\

Candy's ok and I really like Pencil Full of Lead...but the rest....meh.. :shrug: ..I'm just glad I didn't pay for it :lol:

I LOVE his new album!!! I agree it's not mainstream but so f*ckin good!! It sounds like a 50's record, like a soul classic!!! I LOVE IT! It's really in phase with what he's doing on stage (I mean he did a lot of soul/ragga/ska covers during gigs).

Paolo is diggin in his influences and it just kick ass! I'm glad he fought against his record company and 'imposed' his true style!!

I understand why some people miss the 'nicy-pop' songs, but I prefer a hundred time the soul of Sunny side up! And this style suit him well!!

I'm totally found of 'coming up easy' and 'No other way'! Rollin is just simply beautiful, no effect, just his voice *w*. Pencill full of leads sounds like 'the jungle book' and it rocks! 10/10 is so bright and Candy very beautiful!

Anyway, I love this album! But maybe because I love the same music as him...??

Why Paolo, why??? I loved you so much!! :bigcry:

Now, THAT'S exactly what I thought when I listened to his new album for the first time! :(

I'd been really looking forward to his new album, but this album is a BIG disappointed to me. He doesn't sound a bit like he did before... All the trumpets and stuff. I don't know, I don't say I don't like trumpets or something like that, but in his songs it just sounds... weird. :\

I'm really glad I listened to the album online first, otherwise I'd have bought it. Now I at least saved some money and didn't waste it on something like that. :thinking:

Well, there actually are A FEW songs like "Growing up beside you" and "No other way" that sound at least acceptable, but they're nothing too special.. :confused:

I'm quite sad that it had to be like that, but oh well... I've still got other music to listen to, luckily...

:lol: You guys don't like classics!

I really don't understand your surprise... Paolo is a regular of the Montreux Jazz festival and sings a lot of 'old school songs' during gigs...So the sound of this album doesn't surprise me a bit!

I'll guess he'll loose some fans (including the teenage fangirls, but I'm kinda happy of it!) but he'll gain an 'older' audience wich appreciates this kinda of stuff.

Well, I am the 'older' audience...not a teen fan girl :lol: but I liked the raw, naivety of These Streets, it wasn't poppy to me, more acoustic...so I guess I'd don't like that move away from the acoustic, raw soul of the first album, this album seems a bit overdone to me, like he's tried just a wee bit too hard.

I didn't know about the jazz influences..so I guess it kinda makes more sense.

Anyway, not a complete fail of an album ....mind whatever he's singing, he still has a voice to melt a girls heart..haha ;)