✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Steve "crocodile hunter" Irwin died in accident

vertigo caz

I'm so sad to hear this bad news :(

I loved his programm and also him. He had so much life running through his veins... he was always doing things, even madness. But I loved his way, he was someone really special.

I hope you're having a great time, wherever you are, Steve, with your beloved crocodiles! :kiss:

Another pic of him:

_42050448_steve_getty_202.jpg

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first heard of Steve Irwin's death, it was on a news update and i was just like "no way". So then I went on to a news channel and checked and I was just so shocked... it still hasn't sunk in properly. I honeslty cried on Monday because of his death... its terrible. I feel so horrible for Terri and the kids... Steve and Terri were so in love, and poor Bindi will be taking it hard. Little Bob is liekly to not have many, if any, actual memories of his father whihc is terrible...

It's just so sad and shocking...

Oh, and that Germaine Greer lady needs to dig a hole and stay in it. I can't believe all those negative things she said about Steve.

Have a great time in Heaven, Steve!

i was the same. on monday i was in complete shocked and couldn't believe it despite the news talking about it network after network.

something my dad said earlier made me feel a little comfort for Bindi and Bob. Although the rest of their childhood will be spent without their dad, they have so many tv programs, movies, interviews, books etc for them to look back and have always. a lot of people don't have that chance but Bindi and Bob and 2 kids who deserve to see what an amazing man their father was.

^ that pic is great, i can't help but smile. he was just a great great guy.

my family and i went to the Australia Zoo yesterday to lay some flowers, and it was an emotional encounter. i took a few photos of the entrance because it was..really heartfelt and, and a very touching tribute, the reality he's gone hits you harder than anything...

i continue to feel that even though he's gone, he is still living in our memories. today as i was driving, i was wondering why i find it so hard to accept he is gone and i think, for myself atleast, that because he was so passionate and enthusiastic and amazingly full of life, that he could die, someone that full of life could die was unbelievable to me. for Steve, so full of life to now lie lifeless is hard to grasp and terribly sad.

:cry: rest in peace steve

StarsKay, that is so wonderful that you and your family visited the zoo/ memorial.

I can tell how very much you care! Just like many, I still cannot get over this.

Here's an article that is bittersweet. :cry:

Irwin's poignant phone call

Neil Hickey

September 09, 2006 12:00am

Article from: h14_heraldsun.gif

Font size: + -

Send this article: Print Email

TWO of the men who were with Steve Irwin just before he died have paid an emotional tribute to the Crocodile Hunter.

Dr Jamie Seymour and Phillippe Cousteau, the grandson of another celebrated environmentalist, Jacques Cousteau, said Irwin was a "generous, caring and honest" man whose energy and passion for the environment amazed and inspired them. Both wildlife experts were aboard Croc One on Monday when Irwin, 44, died after he was stabbed in the heart by a stingray while filming an underwater documentary on the Great Barrier Reef.

Neither was in the water at the time and they declined to speak about the minutes before and after Irwin's tragic death.

But Dr Seymour, a toxic animal expert from James Cook University, said Irwin had changed his life in the five days he had known him.

He said Irwin had paid him a remarkable tribute after he sacrificed his son's 13th birthday -- which coincided with Father's Day last Sunday -- to be aboard Irwin's research trip.

Irwin had spoken to Dr Seymour's son, Ben, to thank him for letting his father be with him.

"I rang and said, 'We're having a good time' and Steve's grabbed the phone from me and gone 'Ben, it's Steve here' and they've talked for like two or three minutes.

"And the thing he said just stuck in my mind: 'Ben, thanks for letting me have your dad on your birthday'.

"I hung up and I said to Steve, 'Thanks for doing that' and these are the words he said to me and they're going to run with me for the rest of my life: he said, 'No Jamie, thank you for letting me come into your life'. And that really sums this guy up."

Dr Seymour said the Father's Day memory was heartbreaking because he knew Irwin missed a call from his family that day.

Irwin's wife, Terri, had sent him a text message passing on the love of their children Bindi, 8, and Bob, 2. Irwin died the following morning.

Mr Cousteau met Irwin last week after co-hosting the documentary, Ocean's Deadliest, the series Irwin was filming.

He said Irwin, like his famous grandfather, was a champion of the environment.

"To be able to come out here with Steve and work with his entire crew was a real privilege that I will never forget."

Mr Cousteau said Irwin was

an outstanding diver who was "very respectful of everything down there".

"Sometimes you dive with people and they're an absolute wreck underwater. (But) he was an outstanding diver."

Irwin's close friend, John Stainton, rejected claims the cameraman who filmed Irwin's death had just got his diver's licence as "rubbish", saying he was "one of the best divers in Australia".

'Funeral held' for Steve Irwin

_42069380_ap203bodysteve.jpg Irwin was best-known for his work with crocodiles

The funeral of TV naturalist Steve Irwin's has taken place in Queensland, Australian media has reported. Family and friends of the man known as the Crocodile Hunter reportedly joined the low-key ceremony in Caloundra on the Sunshine Coast.

It is believed that afterwards Mr Irwin was to be buried at Australia Zoo, the Queensland zoo dedicated to Australian fauna owned by Mr Irwin's family.

Details of the funeral service are expected to be made public on Monday.

Public memorial

"(The) service was a service for family and good friends, people who were close to Steve in recent years," the Brisbane-based Sunday Mail newspaper quoted an unidentified family friend as saying.

"The council gave the family permission to bury Steve at the zoo and we think they're going to erect a monument there so visitors can continue to pay their respects," the person added.

_42067942_irwinafp_203.jpg Irwin's family was reportedly given permission to bury him at the zoo

Mr Irwin's friend and manager John Stainton told CNN that a memorial service open to members of the public would be held at a later date.

The Australian government had offered a state funeral for the much-loved TV presenter who died in a stingray attack on Monday, but the family chose a small, private ceremony instead.

"He's an ordinary guy, and he wants to be remembered as an ordinary bloke," Steve Irwin's father Bob said.

Mr Stainton said Mr Irwin's wife, Terri, and the couple's two children - Bindi, eight, and Bob, two - were coping "quite well".

"Terri is very, very strong," he said. "She's having a lot of sad moments obviously, but she's putting on a brave face for the kids' sake."

The 44-year-old naturalist died after being struck in the chest by the stingray's barb while filming a documentary on Queensland's Great Barrier Reef.

Donations have flooded into Mr Irwin's charity Wildlife Warriors, while flowers, cards and trademark khaki shirts have been left at the Australian Zoo he ran.

:cry2: such passion and enthusiasm... can't believe he's gone.

i had no idea that so many people worldwide actually watched his shows! i mean i knew people knew of him, but it makes me happy to see that he had such a huge following worldwide. his daughter bindi will fill his shoes, she's such a beautiful little girl :nice:

• 2 weeks later...

i saw that yesterday morning. it was beautiful. the entire thing was done exceptionally well. i couldn't help shed tears when i saw the irwin family and during the 3 songs, especially true blue. bindi is a pillar of strength, seeing her so strong impressed me.

it was perfect way to say our final goodbye, end our mourning and let steve be on his way while we carry on his dream.