✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Steve "crocodile hunter" Irwin died in accident

vertigo caz

I didn't expect myself to react the way I did to this. Whenever people discussed Steve Irwin at school or something the general opinion was that he was a bit of a freak. There were actually many people who hated his guts.

But today. The school was informed through a teacher or something and nobody said a word. You'd expect a heap of 'it was bound to happen' type statements. But there was nothing, just silence.

The news has been all over this accident. There have been like 50 reports and dedications and all that type of thing today. I heard a speech from John Howard on the radio today and he was actually almost in tears.

For me, this was a huge tragedy. Normally when someone famous dies, it is like, meh. But when I heard this news I felt something inside just....... I dunno...... break. Like a piece of me. I mean, what the hell? I don't even know the guy. I didn't even really like him. Maybe it is national identity or something.... I dunno.

I think it is maybe just because he is one of the people that makes me feel safe in this world. Another one of those people being Walt Disney. He died before I was born, but if he was alive at this time I would feel a lot more safe in this world.

It is like, I can't believe he is dead. As Mark said, he was a brilliant man. He had a wonderful zest for life. He did a lot more for conservation than most people know. And his zoo was the best I have been to. (All the major zoos in Australia.) He had a wife and two children and I just can't imagine how I feel. I saw an add for 'Australia Zoo' last week where his daughter is singing some song and she says "you might even see my dad there too". :cry:

Terrible loss.

I wonder how many 'pwned' pictures will come outta this. :\

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't expect myself to react te way I did to this. Whenever people discussed Steve Irwin at school or something the general opinion was that he was a bit of a freak. There were actually many people who hated his guts.

But today. The school was informed through a teacher or something and nobody said a word. You'd expect a heap of 'it was bound to happen' type statements. But there was nothing, just silence.

The news has been all over this accident. There have been like 50 reports and dedications and all that type of thing today. I heard a speech from John Howard on the radio today and he was actually almost in tears.

For me, this was a huge tragedy. Normally when someone famous dies, it is like, meh. But when I heard this news I felt something inside just....... I dunno...... break. Like a piece of me. I mean, what the hell? I don't even know the guy. I didn't even really like him. Maybe it is national identity or something.... I dunno.

I think it is maybe just because he is one of the people that makes me feel safe in this world. Another one of those people being Walt Disney. He died before I was born, but if he was alive at this time I would feel a lot more safe in this world.

Terrible loss.

THAT IS HOW I FEEL EXACTLY! I couldn't have put it any better!!

well

i have purely been watching the news and a current affair just had a 20 mins special tribute on Steve. i just sat there in disbelief... i cant believe it.

at time my whole family was laughing at times and remembering the times when we watched the shows. he was such a lovely character, vibrant and as many people saw him internationally as an australian ambassor, which he really was.

the best thing that he leaves behind is his legacy of his foundation, in which i sincerely hopes continues it work in the future dispite this tradgey, in which it is.

as somone mention earlier only 2 people in australia have died from sintray's because they arent very agressive animals unless they feel threaten. they spoke to a man that has been hit with a spur from a stingray and live - knowing that if it hit steve anywhere but directly in the heart he would have had a good chance to live. they say he would have died almost instantly. .....

for everyone, channel 9 is showing a tribute to Steve Irwin on wednesday at 7:30pm i will be watching.

they also showed a lastling tribute at the end Steve and it made me cry....

He will surely be miss and i beleive a state if not national furneral should be held. hopefully near beerwah so i can go. flowers and messages have also been flowing into australia zoo by many a people including young kids.

one thing mentioned on ACA is defintely how Steve would have thought,

he would have never blamed the stingray, infact he would have said that the stingray would have every right and that he was in his terrority....

makes you think of how he was such a terriffic person,

Australia is mourning.......................

well

i have purely been watching the news and a current affair just had a 20 mins special tribute on Steve. i just sat there in disbelief... i cant believe it.

at time my whole family was laughing at times and remembering the times when we watched the shows. he was such a lovely character, vibrant and as many people saw him internationally as an australian ambassor, which he really was.

the best thing that he leaves behind is his legacy of his foundation, in which i sincerely hopes continues it work in the future dispite this tradgey, in which it is.

as somone mention earlier only 2 people in australia have died from sintray's because they arent very agressive animals unless they feel threaten. they spoke to a man that has been hit with a spur from a stingray and live - knowing that if it hit steve anywhere but directly in the heart he would have had a good chance to live. they say he would have died almost instantly. .....

for everyone, channel 9 is showing a tribute to Steve Irwin on wednesday at 7:30pm i will be watching.

He will surely be miss and i beleive a state if not national furneral should be held. hopefully near beerwah so i can go. flowers and messages have also been flowing into australia zoo by many a people including young kids.

one thing mentioned on ACA is defintely how Steve would have thought,

he would have never blamed the stingray, infact he would have said that the stingray would have every right and that he was in his terrority....

makes you think of how he was such a terriffic person,

Australia is mourning.......................

I'm not surprised Australia is in mourning. Steve was a national institution.

Im watching somthing on the news about it now. Its been all over the news all this afternoon. It was just so suprising, Its great to see so much support from all around the globe (even on this coldplay forum, just proves how much people loved this guy).

poor Tezza and the kids! i would be devastated in their situtation!!

All that everyone has said is true and great

we all miss you Stevo

^^ im so glad i went earlier inthe year, it had been years since i had been there (probably when i went on a school trip in primary school, before the zoo became famous.

i just can stop thinking about this, i have work tommorw in a coffee shop, this will be the talking point. but everytime i think about it i get a lump in my throat..

I always loved watching his shows and I had hoped to be able to make it out to Australia Zoo one day.

You wouldn't have been disappointed. I strongly urge you to still consider it. It has grown so much since the first time I went. (A trip in primary school strange enough. :uhoh:)

i did as well, the australian tv news networks were flooded with steve irwin tributes, most at the same time i couldn't keep up. you can be sure i'll be watching that too...

For me, this was a huge tragedy. Normally when someone famous dies, it is like, meh. But when I heard this news I felt something inside just....... I dunno...... break. Like a piece of me. I mean, what the hell? I don't even know the guy. I didn't even really like him. Maybe it is national identity or something.... I dunno. [...]

It is like, I can't believe he is dead. As Mark said, he was a brilliant man. He had a wonderful zest for life. He did a lot more for conservation than most people know. And his zoo was the best I have been to. (All the major zoos in Australia.) He had a wife and two children and I just can't imagine how I feel. I saw an add for 'Australia Zoo' last week where his daughter is singing some song and she says "you might even see my dad there too". :cry:

Terrible loss.

i feel the same way. i couldn't believe the news. i came home and my dad says 'the croc hunter is dead' and i was all :thinking: 'dad! steve irwin?' and he repeated 'yes, steve irwin died this morning' and i was like :thinking: 'the crocodile hunter? australia zoo? steve irwin?' and he was like 'yes!' it still hasn't really sunk in.

he was truly a great man. i can't emphasis that further. i went to the australia zoo last year and met terri and took a few pics with her. steve was there too and we saw him in a croc pen showing a few special visitors their eating habits. it was exactly like tv and one of the most fascinating things i've seen. he certainly knew how to entertain the fans while teaching us the importance of wildlife conservation. the good die young and steve was no exception :cry: personally, i feel a huge loss. australia and the world has lost something great. he will be deeply missed. goodness, what an emotional day it's been...

he was truly a great man. i can't emphasis that further. i went to the australia zoo last year and met terri and took a few pics with her. steve was there too and we saw him in a croc pen showing a few special visitors their eating habits. it was exactly like tv and one of the most fascinating things i've seen. he certainly knew how to entertain the fans while teaching us the importance of wildlife conservation. the good die young and steve was no exception :cry: personally, i feel a huge loss. australia and the world has lost something great. he will be deeply missed. goodness, what an emotional day it's been...

i couldnt have said it any better, i still cant believe it, i didnt imagine australia without him. he's just a part of it! imagine if just one person of coldplay dies..... no words to explain, this is why i thank god that they are around.

i never went to australia zoo, or anything... but at school today i released what a part of australian identity steve irwin was, he typified what an 'aussie' is.

its so shocking and confronting as one would almost have thought he was invincible. he cheated death... and did it well...

i was at low isles where he died just two months ago. its such a beatiful place... i spose there isn't a better place to die as its so serene and close to nature... i'm sure he died doing what he did best and with such zest for life and preservation of nature...

25-06-06_1634.jpg

good on ya mate, crikey... what a life...

RIP STEVE IRWIN

:cry:

Such a tragedy, the man was a total legend. I used to love watching his programmes, he was such a wonderful, passionate character to watch, always made me smile. He did so much for the promotion of conservation....it's such a great loss.

RIP dude!

My heart goes out to his family and young children. :(

I found out at work today, thought it was one of those rumours about celebrities that always turn out not to be true. When I searched online and found it on a news website I was crushed. I can't stop crying. I loved this guy so much. As an avid and passionate animal lover, I had a huge amount of respect, love and admiration for this man. Without people like him, animals would be in a lot of strife. He did so much, I could only dream of making such a difference in the world.

In the end though, he died doing what he loved. I'm sure he wouldn't have wanted it any other way (except maybe by croc or snake at least, not a fucking stingray!!!). In any case, the man was always happy, always had a smile on his face, had a wonderful family, was a great man and lived every day doing what he was passionate about and what he loved. I would rather have a life like that and die at 44, than have a miserable life and die at 90.

R.I.P Steve, Australia and the world will miss you. :cry:

I just read this on MSNs front page.... I almost laughed! I can't believe this guy died! After all the dangerous stunts he pulled with all kinds of crazy animals.. to die by stingray!! :o

It just kills me.. the irony of it all kills me. Sad news though... death of any kind makes me sad.. :(

RIP Croc Guy!

I would rather have a life like that and die at 44' date=' than have a miserable life and die at 90.[/b']

Exactly. At least there is some comfort in the fact that although his life was cut short, while he was here he lived it to the absolute max. A lesson for us all.

This is such a sad day. :cry: I don't think i've ever been this upset over a 'celebrity' death.