✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Coldplay song for 9/11

Guest REManic

Maybe a rush of blood to the head.. Cause well read the lyrics. I'm gonna buy a gun and start a war.

I'm gonna buy this house and burn it down.

Etc..

Think that song is the best.. one.. For the things that happened

Same here.

I agree with Politik, as well.

I second Politik. It was wirtten on September 12th, and modified for A Rush Of Blood to the Head.

Listen to this song with headphones and you really feel the passion.

I just know that Guy and Chris said in an interview in France that they wrote it after the 11 September. :)

arse biscuits! its impossible to find a song, never mind a coldplay song to dedicate to the thousands that died. what song can ever be respresentable of 2700 peoples lives. this event is not something for you to come up with stupid threads on message boards, "what coldplay song will i play?" or "what song were you listening to when you heard about the 9/11 terrorist attacks". this thread is pointless. it seems in my opinion anyway that people who were not involved with 9/11 (victims/people who worked in the wtc,fire crew, police etc,) actually enjoy feeling bad about the 11th september. why do u want to find a coldplay song for the 11th september? if you want to find a piece of audio to REALLY remind you of that terrible day, try finding an mp3 of the people falling from the top of the wtc and landing on the ground, or maybe the audio of the two towers collapsing to the ground. that will certainly envoke memories of that day. not some crappy coldplay song. i mean crappy coldplay song in the fact that no song can ever do justice to what happened that day. which makes this thread void and redudant in my opinion. it just seems that you can nothing better to think about than what song you will play for the 11th september, like its fucking christmas! that'll be the next fucking thing. instead of "whats your favourite Christmas song?" it'll be "whats your favourite 9/11 song?" shame on all of you.

I second Politik. It was wirtten on September 12th, and modified for A Rush Of Blood to the Head.

Listen to this song with headphones and you really feel the passion.

I love it BECAUSE of the passion in it. It's amazing. And the piano solo/bridge in the middle is one of the most beautiful things in the world.

arse biscuits! its impossible to find a song' date=' never mind a coldplay song to dedicate to the thousands that died. what song can ever be respresentable of 2700 peoples lives. this event is not something for you to come up with stupid threads on message boards, "what coldplay song will i play?" or "what song were you listening to when you heard about the 9/11 terrorist attacks". this thread is pointless. it seems in my opinion anyway that people who were not involved with 9/11 (victims/people who worked in the wtc,fire crew, police etc,) actually enjoy feeling bad about the 11th september. why do u want to find a coldplay song for the 11th september? if you want to find a piece of audio to REALLY remind you of that terrible day, try finding an mp3 of the people falling from the top of the wtc and landing on the ground, or maybe the audio of the two towers collapsing to the ground. that will certainly envoke memories of that day. not some crappy coldplay song. i mean crappy coldplay song in the fact that no song can ever do justice to what happened that day. which makes this thread void and redudant in my opinion. it just seems that you can nothing better to think about than what song you will play for the 11th september, like its fucking christmas! that'll be the next fucking thing. instead of "whats your favourite Christmas song?" it'll be "whats your favourite 9/11 song?" shame on all of you.[/quote']

calm down. bloody hell, it's a thread on a public forum than anyone can contribute to. and where you get the impression there are people here who enjoy feeling bad about 9/11 is beyond me. if someone wants to make a thread inquiring what others think would be a perfect cp track to go with the day, they can do it. it's freedom of speech and self-expression. it's clear you are upset and thanks for voicing your opinions, but understand we are free to voice ours too.

robtth, politik, and trouble. those instantly popped up.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
arse biscuits! its impossible to find a song, never mind a coldplay song to dedicate to the thousands that died. what song can ever be respresentable of 2700 peoples lives. this event is not something for you to come up with stupid threads on message boards, "what coldplay song will i play?" or "what song were you listening to when you heard about the 9/11 terrorist attacks". this thread is pointless. it seems in my opinion anyway that people who were not involved with 9/11 (victims/people who worked in the wtc,fire crew, police etc,) actually enjoy feeling bad about the 11th september. why do u want to find a coldplay song for the 11th september? if you want to find a piece of audio to REALLY remind you of that terrible day, try finding an mp3 of the people falling from the top of the wtc and landing on the ground, or maybe the audio of the two towers collapsing to the ground. that will certainly envoke memories of that day. not some crappy coldplay song. i mean crappy coldplay song in the fact that no song can ever do justice to what happened that day. which makes this thread void and redudant in my opinion. it just seems that you can nothing better to think about than what song you will play for the 11th september, like its fucking christmas! that'll be the next fucking thing. instead of "whats your favourite Christmas song?" it'll be "whats your favourite 9/11 song?" shame on all of you.

good post. I also find this thread stupid at best.

If I had to suggest one, I would say White Shadows. It's not a soothing message to "the victims" (why would someone think that's what they want at this point anyway, a pop song platitude??) but it's full of turmoil and regret and has a dark helpless semi-political tinge to me, and it ends with hope for a new day, yet with dark surrounding. Even the title is self contradictory. Very "war on terror".

Fix You, since:

a) it's about coping with a loss

b) they used it for World Trade Center, the movie.

:) if not fix you, then Politik. or at least the part that goes:

"Well give me love over, love over, love over thiss.

I...."

etc.

R.I.P. 9/11 victims.

and my heart goes out to any of you who lost someone that horrible day.