• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crests

• squareonefivesix

• newpalaceplayer

• LibbyMew

I have a question, does Jonas know Japanese?

27.jpg

By the way,I love the Japanese version of White Lips Kissed

Jonas was required to take Japanese a long time ago when he worked in film production. He still knows Japanese, just not enough to form a sufficient conversation.

wait, theres a new version? i wonder which one i have. i still need to learn so much about Mew. :rolleyes:

This is the old version:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_y152Vkkes]YouTube - Mew - Mica[/ame]

This is the new version:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oXrygY7qY0]YouTube - Mew-Mica[/ame]

The older one was so much better =(

This is the old version:

This is the new version:

I didn't know there was an older version...it's a bit poppier than the new one.

I just love that vid though..it's ace..the funky little dance at the end is :laugh3: ..and they all look soooo young and cute...:D

You know what sucks? Is that those videos never worked on this computer and still don't. :cry:

Edit: Anyway, Frengers, I don't know if you've all heard "A Triumph for Man" and "Half the World is Watching Me". If not then I highly recommened them. They're both good. The first is one of Mew's best albums.

Also, I hope that Mew don't get twitter. I feel left out enough as it is. Twitter doesn't seem so great in my opinion and I see it as a fad. :\

Jonas was required to take Japanese a long time ago when he worked in film production. He still knows Japanese, just not enough to form a sufficient conversation.

This is the old version:

This is the new version:

oh wow i guess i have the new version. i LOVE IT. but i had never heard the old one. that ones freaking good too! now i love them both. i love them for their differences, and they are both good!

Hmmm, I dunno - out of the four I think Half the World is my favourite...which is unusual for me - i usually find a band gets better & better with age, but some of the older versions of some of the songs are just brilliant, like 156, the HTWIWM version is simply gorgeous.

But I just love how there are different versions of some of the songs...they each have a different, separate feel about them.

I can't quite get into Triumph, the songs are good, just not great - nothing stands out as brilliant for me..

Yea, well that was when they first started. Mew's tried something new I think with every album. They sound most different then to me. I quite like it, reminds me of their influences. Dino Jr, My Bloody Valentine. Maybe you're not so much into those bands? :)

i usually find a band gets better & better with age, but some of the older versions of some of the songs are just brilliant, like 156, the HTWIWM version is simply gorgeous.
I love this song, but I had NO idea there was an older version of it! Could someone upload it or point me to a place where I can hear it? :D

Jonas sounds so cute when he speaks Danish...I don't understand a thing tho:P

I don't know...I only listened to the first minute and a half....ah, Bo...omg what a sexy voice in any language :dead:

I have no idea what he's saying either, but I don't care...

*watches the first minute and a half again...and again..and again..* ;)

if you can stand listening to this annoying woman...(skip to 30 secnds in)..more Bo

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLHqg9tby6s]YouTube - The DL: Mew Interview[/ame]