✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay at Madison Square Garden--simply unbelievable

Corifici

all,

last night was their final gig in the US at MSG, and I was there. Simply the best concert I've ever been to--not only because they were perfection, but because I scored some pretty incredible ebay tickets (Row 1, Section A, Seats 4,5)--TWO SEATS AWAY FROM GWYNETH. She was so sweet and conversational! She new every lyric to all the songs, and it was so cute how he would sing lyrics to her throughout the concert, and she would get this giddy smile all over her face. In the middle of their first encore "In My Place," he mouths "i love you" and we all looked at her, and she was shocked/elated.

Hidden love messages aside, and more importantly: the concert itself was amazing. The boys really pulled out their best for my hometown New York City. Thanks Coldplay! It was simply the best concert in my life (and I was at the Chili Peppers at the Garden!). Only problem: No 'shiver.' But with two encores, i have NO COMPLAINTS (the last encore included 'Lips Like Sugar!')

I'm simply on an after-concert high!

Cheryl

all,

last night was their final gig in the US at MSG, and I was there. Simply the best concert I've ever been to--not only because they were perfection, but because I scored some pretty incredible ebay tickets (Row 1, Section A, Seats 4,5)--TWO SEATS AWAY FROM GWYNETH...

...I'm simply on an after-concert high!

Cheryl

i second that emotion!!!

coldplay TOTALLY ROCKED the house last night. although my seats were definitely nowhere near any celebrities, section 342, i had an awesome time. i had read mixed reviews about coldplay on this tour, but as this was their final north american stop, they seemed to pull out all the stops. i was surprised at how loud and raw they sounded- it was a very powerful and energetic sound driven by will champion. he kicked the shit out of those drums for lack of a better word, it was awesome. chris was great, he got the crowd into it. he is so intense and into his music, he is a terrific performer. in my opinion the highlights were "everything's not lost" when chris announced that "this is the last time they'll play this song for a really long time." the whole crowd was singing "come on yeah, ohhhh yeah, come on yeah- everything's not lost!" and it seemed like chris just never wanted to stop playing. i guess it is a bittersweet emotion for them ending this tour. other songs that were awesome were "god put a smile on my face," "moses," and especially "daylight" which although it was never a favorite of mine, rocked so hard. this concert proved that coldplay is one of the most talented bands out right now. i had a great time, it was worth the price of ticket Xs 2 or 3. they played pretty much everything they could, except for "shiver" which was a bit of a disappointment, but it didn't really matter in the end. so thanks to coldplay for an awesome night!

on another note. before the show, i was waiting for my friend to show up outside the garden and i was talking to a pretty cute guy in an orange shirt about coldplay and radiohead. i was too shy to ask for his name or number, and soon his friend (a girl) showed up and they left to grab a bite to eat. so if the guy in the orange shirt is out there, i'd like to talk to you, i think you're pretty cool.

:o ....sounds great!!!!! do you know the playlist!?

1. Politik

2. God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

3. A Rush Of Blood To The Head

4. Daylight

5. Trouble (with a tease of Cher's "Believe")

6. One I Love

7. Don't Panic

8. Moses

9. Everything's Not Lost

10. The World Turns Upside Down

11. Yellow

12. The Scientist

13. In My Place (acoustic, see note below)

(first encore)

14. Clocks

15. In My Place

16. Amsterdam

(second encore)

17. Lips Like Sugar (Echo & The Bunnymen cover)

18. Life Is For Living

"In My Place" was played twice; the first time around it was an acoustic performance that Chris played some guitar on. They had been contacted by a New York charity called the Robin Hood Fund to donate something that could be auctioned for charity; they donated the chance to come onstage and sing a song with them. A young woman named Christy paid $350,000 for the chance to sing "In My Place" on which she shared lead vocals with Chris. Though she wasn't exactly what you'd call a great singer, Chris and the audience carried her through, and I thought it was pretty cool that they Coldplay were willing to do this for charity.

I wanted to hear 'Amsterdam' so badly the two times I saw them, but alas, I guess it wasn't meant to be... :sad:

Wow, sounds like it was an incredible concert! Oh, I can't wait till they come around here on tour again! (After they finish this tour up, take some time off, have some weddings and babies ;) , write a new album...hmmm, looks like I'll be waiting a while)

re:

IT WAS SOOOOOOOOOO AMAZINGGGGG!!!

It was my first Coldplay concert ever..and I must say..I never had a better time at a concert..ever. I don't think I will ever enjoy a concert as mnuch as I did that night!!! They sounded beyond fantastic...I mean, so many bands can sound so horrible on stage on live. But they were just amazing..really really great. There was so much emotion inthe room!! I loved it. Unfortunately, I was kind of far from the stage (section 302- row E, seat 10) but it doesn't matter...Just being there listening to their music!! I was sooo happy that they played Amsterdam b/c it wasn't a very publicized track, and it's one of my favorites on AROBTH. The part when the girl..I think her name was Christy..came on stage, b/c she had donated A LOT of money to the Robinhood foundation..and she sang "In My Place." I loved it!!! And the whole crowd sang w/ her..The whole night was just one big highlight!! Nothing stood out more than the others b/c everything was just soo soo well done. I LOVED during The Scientist when everyone turned on their lighters..it was so beautiful. And also during "Trouble"..the last verse. It was something amazing. When everyone just came together and sang it..I love Coldplay even more now.

I didn't see Gwyneth..but I thought she would definitely be there. I didn't see any other celebs either, but I'm sure there were a few here and there.

All in all..one of the best nights of my life..they are an incredible band w/ a lot to share. Chris pointed out that it would be the last time that they play here for a while..but I can't wait till the next time they come.

WELL DONE BOYS!!!