February 18, 200818 yr coincidence? So it becomes quite apparent now why Coldplay is at Innsbruck, Austria: "The history of The hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy is now so complicated that every time I tell it I contradict myself. and whenever I do get it right, I'm misquoted. So the publication of this omnibus edition seems like a good opportunity to set the record strait - or at least firmly crooked. Anything that is put down wrong here is, as far as I'm concerned, wrong for good.:laugh3: The idea for the title first cropped up while I was lying drunk in a field in Innsbruck, Austria, in 1971. Not particularly drunk, just the sort of drunk you get when you have a couple of stiff Gossers after not having eaten for two days strait, on account of being a penniless hitchhiker. We are talking of a mild inability to stand up." Douglas Adams Los Angeles 1983 and London 1985/1986
February 18, 200818 yr As I vaguely recall after many moons, at the end of the TV version, Arthur and Ford? were sitting around a campfire, drawing small children's number and letter cubes out of a satchel, and out came the answer as the ultimate question of the universe: what's 6 X 9: 42! (it had been wrong all these years, and no body knew it!) I recall that the earth had been set up as a giant computer to find this question, but for some reason it was destroyed to make room for the (already out-dated) intergalactic highway, and so a Vogon (an interstellar race of unreasoning and uncompromising highway builders) destroyed it before the final question could be found. It's a great read, if you like humor - I would highly recommend any of Douglas Adams' works. Wiki has a good article on 42 - check it out!
February 18, 200818 yr Interesting to note - President Bush I's nickname is 41; Bush II's is 43. Neither is 42; which tells us something about not having the answer!:laugh3:
February 18, 200818 yr So it becomes quite apparent now why Coldplay is at Innsbruck, Austria: "The history of The hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy is now so complicated that every time I tell it I contradict myself. and whenever I do get it right, I'm misquoted. So the publication of this omnibus edition seems like a good opportunity to set the record strait - or at least firmly crooked. Anything that is put down wrong here is, as far as I'm concerned, wrong for good.:laugh3: The idea for the title first cropped up while I was lying drunk in a field in Innsbruck, Austria, in 1971. Not particularly drunk, just the sort of drunk you get when you have a couple of stiff Gossers after not having eaten for two days strait, on account of being a penniless hitchhiker. We are talking of a mild inability to stand up." Douglas Adams Los Angeles 1983 and London 1985/1986 Wow, thats very interesting. Im inclined to believe that they were there now. I really can't wait for this new album
February 19, 200818 yr Context In The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, (published in 1979), the characters visit the legendary planet Magrathea, home to the now-collapsed planet building industry, and meet Slartibartfast, a planetary coastline designer responsible for the fjords of Norway. Through archival recordings, he related the story of a race of hyper-intelligent pan-dimensional beings who built a computer named Deep Thought to calculate the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything. When the answer was revealed to be 42, they were told to build an even more powerful computer to work out what the Ultimate Question actually was, but their plans never come to fruition. (Later on, referencing this, Adams would create a puzzle which could be approached in multiple ways, all yielding the answer 42.) The computer, often mistaken for a planet (because of the size and use of biological components), was in fact the Earth, and was destroyed by Vogons five minutes before the conclusion of its 10-million year program. Two of the hyper-intelligent pan-dimensional beings, who turn out to be Trillian's mice, want to dissect Arthur's brain to help reconstruct the question, since he is the last remaining survivor from Earth at the moment when the planet is destroyed. Trillian is also human, but had left Earth 6 month earlier with Zaphod Beeblebrox. Our protagonists escape, setting course for "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe". The mice, in Arthur's absence, create a phony question, since it is too troublesome for them to wait another 10 million years just to cash in on a lucrative deal. Their new question was "How many roads must a man walk down?"
February 19, 200818 yr is chris drawing what's on the plate and cups in this picture?? he's definitely drawing a "+" sign...
September 9, 200818 yr Author Coldplay Charity Canvas Coldplay canvas has been added to the items available which include plate and mug! http://shop.whateverittakes.org/product.php?xProd=55&xSec=5
September 9, 200818 yr that's cool!!What does it say? Something like "Love chocolate, football, U2, Fair trade, Jonny, Guy, Will (aaawwww that's cute), surf [...] music..." then I can read only a few like Simon Pegg, winter, yoga, happiness, hope, trees (?), solo on 42 (hehehe)
April 2, 200917 yr Coldplay whatever it take tshirt! I don't know if anyone has already posted this but, i was casually flicking through the next catalogue and realised that they are now selling a red whatever it takes coldplay tshirt. ordering mine tomorrow :D thought you might like to know :)
April 2, 200917 yr http://www.next.co.uk/shot.asp?extra=sch&b=G85&p=38&s=6&n=Women&pid=459-577&exclude=00AG00%7c00A00&returnurl=http%3a%2f%2fsearch%2enext%2eco%2euk%2fsearch%3fp%3dQ%26lbc%3dnext%26uid%3d6004348%26ts%3dv7%26w%3dcoldplay%26af%3d%26isort%3dscore%26method%3dand%26filter%3dsubset%253a1907%26nxtv%3d000%26nxti%3d0&bct=%26quot%3bcoldplay%26quot%3b there you go i think that works! lol
April 2, 200917 yr It's sooo beautiful! Thank you so much for the link racrow! I wish I had money to buy it... I love it!!!:)
April 2, 200917 yr http://www.next.co.uk/shot.asp?extra=sch&b=G85&p=38&s=6&n=Women&pid=459-577&exclude=00AG00%7c00A00&returnurl=http%3a%2f%2fsearch%2enext%2eco%2euk%2fsearch%3fp%3dQ%26lbc%3dnext%26uid%3d6004348%26ts%3dv7%26w%3dcoldplay%26af%3d%26isort%3dscore%26method%3dand%26filter%3dsubset%253a1907%26nxtv%3d000%26nxti%3d0&bct=%26quot%3bcoldplay%26quot%3b there you go i think that works! lol Thanks!!! :)
April 2, 200917 yr It's sooo beautiful! Thank you so much for the link racrow! I wish I had money to buy it... I love it!!!:) your welcome! :) it looks better in the catalogue though!
April 2, 200917 yr Where is it?? Oh and btw, how can you tell wich size to pic? I mean all the t-shirts are different...
April 2, 200917 yr I prefer the mug instead. http://www.target.com/Whatever-It-Takes-Mug-Coldplay/dp/B000NSKA9K/sr=1-1/qid=1238707220/ref=sr_1_1/176-7545960-6232504?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=0&index=target&rh=k%3Acoldplay%20mug&page=1
April 2, 200917 yr My friend bought me the mug for my birthday last December, then I went and got the plate and mousemat too. It's a really old design though, from years ago.
Create an account or sign in to comment