✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Amsterdam

ShibbNani

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a loooooot of people who loves 'Amsterdam', sure!!!

It reminds me of a nice guy that I meet. We went in his van and guess what's the first song on the cd player... Mmmmmmh, I really likes him :oops:

There are a loooooot of people who loves 'Amsterdam', sure!!!

It reminds me of a nice guy that I meet. We went in his van and guess what's the first song on the cd player... Mmmmmmh, I really likes him :oops:

amsterdam gets boring after a while! :D

Amsterdam was the one song on AROBTTH that really struck me the very first time I listened the album. I just went "wow..." For a while I'd put it on repeat and sleep with it playing. When I saw Coldplay on June 2nd, I wasn't in good spirits and was prepared to sulk all night, but little by little they broke me down (I even sang along with Everything's Not Lost when 1. I don't really like that song, and 2. I usually find sing-alongs cheesy). Even though I started having a good time, I still didn't expect them to play Amsterdam at all, so when they started it I went a little mental. I bounced up and down, punched the air and cheered, and y'know, normally I'm pretty reserved, so that was quite a huge reaction coming from me. It's definitely on my "favourite songs... ever" list. I adore the line, "And I know I'm dead on the surface, but I am screamin' underneath."

The first time I listened to A Rush of Blood To The Head all the way through, it was Amsterdam that stuck me as the best song on the album. It's about how sad people can get when they are heart-broken and what they would do to stop it.

Yea, I think it's one of those great songs that everybody just knows is good.

Like.... Stay (Faraway, So Close) by U2. If you were to say "That song is great!" the person you were talking to would just say "well duh!"