✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Amsterdam

ShibbNani

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amsterdam- Coldplay.. <3

The song I have been listening since the day it was released, I can't get over it. The song just, describes my life! The melody, the lyrics, aaaaah! Coldplay did an amazing job on it. <3

Yeah, I agree Amsterdam is SUCH a beautiful song and so full of emotion... It makes me feel happy... :dozey:

Especially the ending. Oh my heavens. I've done so much with Amsterdam in my head. It really helps with decision making.. :shocked2:

I have a question about the lyrics for this lovely song. So around 4:23, it sounds like the lyrics go "but it won't change a sin." I was checking out the updated lyrics page on coldplay.com (which is AWESOME!), but it looks like the word is actually things, not sin. I could swear that Chris says sin! Could anyone else put some input into this?

I would love to hear Chris talk about the writing of Amsterdam. Seems to be about a pretty intense emotional experience and I'd love to know where such a moving song came from. Other than saying that it was called Amsterdam because that's where it was written, I haven't found any other information.

I would love to hear Chris talk about the writing of Amsterdam. Seems to be about a pretty intense emotional experience and I'd love to know where such a moving song came from. Other than saying that it was called Amsterdam because that's where it was written, I haven't found any other information.

:nod: I've always been curious as well

Ditto! :nod:

• 3 weeks later...

The harmonies are what really make the song for me. Such an interesting and lovely change of pace.

Edit: Chris definitely sings "won't change a thing" on all the live versions I can think of (except the "first time live" version where the line isn't there at all). But I always thought it was "sin" on the album until I heard it live. Now it sounds like "thin'" to me, like someone who talks with an accent like Chris had in 2002 would say "thing."

Here's a pretty high quality video from the other night:

First time in full since 2003!

I keep my fingers crossed that they'll add this song to the setlist permanently so that I could hear it in Warsaw! :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Come here, oh, my star is fading

I swerved out of control

And if I, if I'd only waited

I'd not be stuck here in this hole

Come here, oh, my star is fading

And I swerve out of control

And I know if I only waited

When will I get out of this hole

And time is on your side, it's on your side now

I'm pushing you down and all around