One Hit Wonders

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Takin' it way back early 90's style

Billy Ray Cyrus - Achey Breaky Heart

That Spin Doctors Song???

4 None Blondes - What's Goin' On (I think that's the name)

Ace of Base - The Sign

Cherry Poppin' Daddies - Zoot Suit riot :shock: (late 90's?)

Crash Test Dummies - mmmm

Snow - Informer

Kriss Kross - Jump

Crash Test Dummies - mmmm

I find it hysterical that the only places I've heard the Crash Test Dummies song in recent years have been when I've been in Europe and The US. I didn't know anyone had heard of them out of Canada.

How bout "We Only Get What We Give" by the New Radicals? :)

I love that song! :)

hey, what about...

"Mickey" - Toni Basil

*puts on cheerleader outfit* :D :P :D

"Groove Is In The Heart" - Deee-Lite

"Rico Suave" - Gerardo :P

"Take On Me" - a-ha

There's quite a little debate on the specific point in musical status of Ace of Base, who probably don't deserve so much consideration :lol: ACE OF BASE FOREVER!!!! :lol:

yeah i guess i was wrong about that one, more of a fad!..but i struck gold with mmmm..!!

what about Macarena! or was that more of a fad?, 'cause there was that whole dance thing too...

Hadaway - What is love

Chakademus & Pliers (before i go any further, yes, that was their name!) - Tease Me

Calling Mr. Vain - (group unknown)

Ooh Ooh, what was that Arrested Development song??

Cotton Eye Joe

Scatman!

hello! the king of one hit wonders "mambo number 5" baby! :) and who can forget "are you jimmy ray" classic!

That Mambo # 5 lunacy was by some dude name Lou Vega who I think had another hit with some atrocity where it goes like "little bit of pamela all night long, little bit of tina..." blah blah, basically he's naming girls, and it was HUGE!! Or wait?? is that even the same song?? Is it even by this guy.. is lou vega really my wack pop song loving alter ego!!?? How i even knew this guy's name is worrying.. :shock:

Jimmy Ray!! :lol: :lol: We have a winner!!!

Yep back again..i'm whoring it up in this thread huh? ;) I was just lookin' at my fave music review site http://www.pitchforkmedia.com & they had this article right there at the front about the Star Spangled Banner and they're right..it's the biggest One Hit Wonder of them all!! (Quick, name another Francis Scott Key song)..and it's been in the charts since 1812, well they didn't have charts for a while but it's still played on the radio and on tv for some reason..heh heh ;)

Eeeeeh, great thread!! I'm thinking about:

- Katrina and the Waves: Walking on sunshine (I love that song!)

- Spacehog: In the meantime (a really good song, but I've never heard something else of them)