✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Athlete

hayley

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
the site won't let me register...is anyone in the states having the same problem?
Same here, kind of shit.

I loved them when they were upliners for Travis. I loved Vehicles and Animals as well. When my mum got herself the second album I really um... hated it, except for Wires. It's the same I felt when I listened to X&Y only a bit less because they werent so important to me. Now last week I was listening to Vehicles and Animals again which I actually do alot and figured I could give the 2nd one another go - and it's not so bad :shocked2: . Actually it's rather enjoyable.

• 5 months later...

Athlete reveal new album details

And there will be a UK tour to follow

Athlete have confirmed the release of their new album 'Beyond The Neighbourhood'.

The follow-up to 2005's 'Tourist' will be released in September.

To support the release, the band will hit the road in October for a UK tour.

The tour follows a three-date residency at London KOKO in July.

Tickets go on sale on May 15 at 9am.

The UK dates are as follows:

London KOKO (July 10,11,12)

Nottingham Rock City (October 2)

Leeds University (3)

Birmingham Carling Academy (4)

Glasgow Barrowlands (6)

Newcastle Carling Academy (7)

Bristol Carling Academy (8)

Southampton Guildhall (10)

London Shepherds Bush Empire (11,12)

Manchester Academy (14)

Liverpool Carling Academy (15)

Norwich UEA (17)

Lincoln Engine Shed (18)

i listened to their new album (thanks to wonderful uploaders on this board) and i'm not impressed actually :(

Their first was great,then some good stuff was in the Tourist album ,but sadly i did not find anything as good as their previous works in the last one.

anyways it was my first listen. i'll relisten it maybe it'll grow on me :D

I'm just the opposite. I liked Tourist alot more than Animals & Vehicles, and I'm glad they took the sound from the second album a bit further. I positively love this album! My only complaint is that the start of the opening track is a little flat...at first I wasn't sure if I'd like the album based on that. And I'll echo your thanks to the wonderful uploaders on this board. Without them, I'd never have heard Athlete in the first place.:)

as long as you prefer their second album to the first,then probably you would enjoy this more than me :)

every song is very similar to each other. the only song that actually got me hooked was Tokyo. In addition i would point out Outsiders-it's a good song.

I think Tokyo is my favorite. I also like Flying Over Bus Stops. And although some of the songs sound alike, the lyrics on this album are better...more carefully crafted imo. If you prefer the first album, I can see where you wouldn't enjoy this one as much.

At least we agree on the Tokyo song :D

since english is not my native language the lyrics are not as important for me as melodies :D i mean i can understand when i read it but during listening i might miss something and have no idea what they're singing about :D

sad but true

I'm just the opposite. I liked Tourist alot more than Animals & Vehicles, and I'm glad they took the sound from the second album a bit further. I positively love this album! My only complaint is that the start of the opening track is a little flat...at first I wasn't sure if I'd like the album based on that. And I'll echo your thanks to the wonderful uploaders on this board. Without them, I'd never have heard Athlete in the first place.:)

What album is Animals & Vehicles?

Is it an album they did between Vehicles & Animals and Tourist?

That's the main problem, if they keep a similar sound that they get slagged for keeping the similar sound, if they evolve onto a different sound they will get slagged for moving onto a different sound.

Bands have to evolve, but slowly over time so people don't notice it.

That's the main problem, if they keep a similar sound that they get slagged for keeping the similar sound, if they evolve onto a different sound they will get slagged for moving onto a different sound.

Bands have to evolve, but slowly over time so people don't notice it.

Coldplay have the same problem. All bands do. If they change too much, people will say they miss the Parachutes sound. If they don't, people will bitch that everything sounds like Parachutes. A band can only do what they do, and the good ones will evolve. I think Athlete will be one of those that do.

As long as the music is good, i don't really care if it sounds the same as the previous album or if it sounds different. An album should be treated as an independent work of art without previous history bought into play.

Yessss! I wish more people felt like that. I enjoy watching a band develop over time, but each album is unique and should be enjoyed as such.