✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Violet Hill= Meant for Live Performances

Josh42

IF a thread is not full of "oh my god" "oh my gosh" "i can't believe it" it's ruined ?

No, but if it's contaminated by a dickhead that can only spout sarcasm, it is. ;)

It's simple. There is a difference between saying you don't like something, and just being plain immature and stupid. The latter is what you're doing. Find a life, okay? :)

It could be the opening music, just before they come on, played into the auditorium maybe?
Thats a good point... might be no need to play Eno's music anymore, since its already partly manifested itself on their songs. Its an interesting idea, but I think it might do well in the middle of the setlist somewhere, just to let the other songs breathe. Sorta what keane did with the instrumental on their "Under The Iron Sea" album... I'm probably not making any sense, though. :P

Thats a good point... might be no need to play Eno's music anymore, since its already partly manifested itself on their songs. Its an interesting idea, but I think it might do well in the middle of the setlist somewhere, just to let the other songs breathe. Sorta what keane did with the instrumental on their "Under The Iron Sea" album... I'm probably not making any sense, though. :P

Yeah, I think it would be cool to see them just playing...as a band without Chris jumping around the stage. Just sitting playing in the middle of the set.

Is hard to tell without hearing it though, I guess. Seems so far way now, I'm greedy :P

Someone has probably already mentioned this already, but I wanted to bring it up in a thread.

One of my initial reactions when i first heard this song at 7 on Radio 1 was that this song was made for live performances, especially large venues. I can't really explain it, but something about the guitar and heavy bass make me think so. Who agrees?

That's Eno. He turns all his bands into stadium acts.

(not that Coldplay weren't one already)

Thanks for the welcomes, Hello From Boston MA. and as far as Life In Technicolor being played live i could imagine it being played at the begining of the show. But I rember that in the twisted logic tour they played a few songs at the front of the stage. Maby theyll do a jam sesion like setup in the middle of the show and play it then? ;)

No, but if it's contaminated by a dickhead that can only spout sarcasm, it is. ;)

It's simple. There is a difference between saying you don't like something, and just being plain immature and stupid. The latter is what you're doing. Find a life, okay? :)

wow....now the insults.

your parents must be proud of you,stupid cuntfuck.

Thanks for the welcomes, Hello From Boston MA. and as far as Life In Technicolor being played live i could imagine it being played at the begining of the show. But I rember that in the twisted logic tour they played a few songs at the front of the stage. Maby theyll do a jam sesion like setup in the middle of the show and play it then? ;)

Yeah, I like that idea.

WELCOMMME YESSS SOMEONE ELSE FROM BOSTON!!

but on the topic... i was just thinking about this when i was driving. this song doesn't remind me at allllll of fix you but i think they have very similar formats for a live performnace. a chorus that they entire crowd can SCREAM and then a build up and then a quiet ending with just chris on piano. i think this song will be great live. i could def see it as an opener even though they usually use the first song on the album. but i really hope life in technicolor isnt just instrumental and like... upbeat. i loooove the last two coldplay album openers. i really hope they keep the opener for this album just as intense. with almost every new album i look forward to the opening song the most!

I'd usually agree, but i have to say, I want to be eased into this album. We've already got one intense song to deal with, so I think the opener should only hint at what's to follow. Apparently it builds up to a climax, which is fine. As long as its not another Politik (which i do love, by the way), with the crashing and banging at the start, I think I'll be fine. If every song is as intense as violet hill, as much as I like it, I think they'd be overdoing it. I'm sure thats not the case though.