✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How Many Times Have You Listened to Violet Hill?

Hotplay007

Do you really think that the lyrics on Violet Hill refer to George W. Bush?

you know, when I read the lyrics, I thought that it did. George Bush just kind of popped in my head because I knew how Chris can't stand him nor do a lot of people.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to know who those people were that had already clocked up a few listens of it on last.fm before it was released. Probably employees or relatives, or the band under different names...

I'd love to know who those people were that had already clocked up a few listens of it on last.fm before it was released. Probably employees or relatives, or the band under different names...

ha, that would be an interesting find. The first day, i decided to check out how many people listened to VH and it was only 30. now it's up to about 15,000 something.

ive listen to violet hill about 200 times or so since tuesday maybe more i put it on repeat for about 2 hours on tuesday while i was walking home so you cna imagine just that time was like 50 times maybe!

wow Dave... I wouldn't be able to wait for so long.. with all these violet hill threads around the board...

and I'm agree with Semy. I'd like to hear your opinion of the song

Probably more than 10 times. I'm really trying to limit it- I learned that lesson the hard way with Speed of Sound. It knocks the album too far off balance for me if I've heard one song too many times.

What will break your heart more is that it's still sitting in the zip folder in my downloads area, my backlog of music to listen to is quite large
Can't that one jump the cue? It's only one song.

...and you are a mod around here. :P

wow Dave... I wouldn't be able to wait for so long.. with all these violet hill threads around the board...

and I'm agree with Semy. I'd like to hear your opinion of the song

I might just wait until the album pops though my letter box before listening to it.

Probably more than 10 times. I'm really trying to limit it- I learned that lesson the hard way with Speed of Sound. It knocks the album too far off balance for me if I've heard one song too many times.

Can't that one jump the cue? It's only one song.

...and you are a mod around here. :P

Maybe 10 or 11 for the same reason. I don't want to kill the enjoyment...and I know the radio will do that for me sooner or later.

I'd have only listened to it once a day if not for the thread discussing the chords. I had to learn it so I could take part in the discussion. (But at least now my band can do it.:))