✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Viva la vida should have been the first single

zsub

more than 2million in a week?

People always like freebies. 2m doesn't say it's very popular.

Personally I also think VLV is a better song, but it's hard to say which song should be the lead single. Yellow and Clocks weren't lead singles.

People always like freebies. 2m doesn't say it's very popular.

Personally I also think VLV is a better song, but it's hard to say which song should be the lead single. Yellow and Clocks weren't lead singles.

Regardless of the song which was online, Coldplay now have 2million people more in their email list. Pretty damn good marketing if you ask me!

Also, given the songs are still at numbers 1 and 2 in the iTunes charts, we can expect them to chart fairly highly in the Uk Top 40 this evening :D

I disagree, VH is heavier and has turned a few anti-coldplay people into liking their new stuff. Ive been looking around other forums and stuff and a lot of people are saying 'i normally hate coldplay's songs but I really like this one'

Regardless of the song which was online, Coldplay now have 2million people more in their email list. Pretty damn good marketing if you ask me!

For sure. If they sent an e-mail saying 'all download our single to get to #1' it WILL be number #1 not like they would send that but they have a lot of power in terms of sales now :P

Viva La Vida to me sounds made for the radio, it even sounds like it could be in a night club with the bass increased.

Yellow / Clocks should have been the lead singles of those albums, because their immedatly likable unlike Shiver which took me a while.

i really doubt it will be realised as single, check the other albums have a song which have the same title as the album and they had never realised them as a single, i think that they think that realise a single of a theme that is entitles just like the album is a too obvious thing to do and that's why they had never realised them as a single, but who knows what they will do this time? ;)

I love Violet Hill as the first single, I wouldn't change it. Viva La Vida is gorgeous, and I'd prefer it not to be played on the radio too often, or it will just turn into another "Fix You" which was beautiful at first, and then just annoying after so many radio plays.