✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

16-Jun-08: London - Brixton Academy

If a Spare Brixton Ticket should come up....

Please let kimchi baka know.

He and i have been working out butts off to try and get tickes since we found out we didnt win.

I've accepted defeat and will be going to Lords to watch some cricket instead.

He, however, will be heading to Brixton in the hope he gets in.

Before anyone asks, no, i dont know him personally.

All those who are going, have fun and sing out loud and proud.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so very much Ron, you are too kind and a real gent. It's been a pleasure to try to work something out with you, even though we weren't successful. You're a man of honour.

I shall see you at the BBC, and look forward very much love to sharing a pint, and hopefully a laugh at all the stress we went through together just a few days previously :)

50/50 I won't be going up to Brixton now unless I can grab that elusive ticket beforehand. Enough heartbreak, thank you, especially with the way they released the tickets on Ticketmaster with no warning, rather than re-allocate them to local people who entered the original competition. The touts have still run amok, and the last offer I was 'invited to beat' was £210 for 2 tickets. More fool the people who pay such silly money for tickets I say because I had a spare at Earl's Court that I'd paid a fortune for, and couldn't even give it away (and was nearly arrested for trying to do just that!)

I don't doubt there will be tickets available tomorrow. I'm just too tired now and sick of this process. I'm going to go off and listen to Warning Sign with a stiff drink.

:cry:

Hey Pete, don't be so downbeat. I'll hopefully be one of the first to arrive, so will do the friendly bantering with others, in the hope that I can find a spare ticket for you.

I'm finding it really difficult to hide my excitement and actually feeling a little apprenhensive, which is normal I think?:confused:

Thank you so very much Ron, you are too kind and a real gent. It's been a pleasure to try to work something out with you, even though we weren't successful. You're a man of honour.

I shall see you at the BBC, and look forward very much love to sharing a pint, and hopefully a laugh at all the stress we went through together just a few days previously :)

50/50 I won't be going up to Brixton now unless I can grab that elusive ticket beforehand. Enough heartbreak, thank you, especially with the way they released the tickets on Ticketmaster with no warning, rather than re-allocate them to local people who entered the original competition. The touts have still run amok, and the last offer I was 'invited to beat' was £210 for 2 tickets. More fool the people who pay such silly money for tickets I say because I had a spare at Earl's Court that I'd paid a fortune for, and couldn't even give it away (and was nearly arrested for trying to do just that!)

I don't doubt there will be tickets available tomorrow. I'm just too tired now and sick of this process. I'm going to go off and listen to Warning Sign with a stiff drink.

:cry:

Thank you very much Sandi, the new day has brought me new resolve and positivity :) Something great will happen today I'm certain!

Yes it's absolutely normal to feel apprehensive I think, and tonight is going to be quite some event!!

Somebody record the concert for us US folks! We can't listen online! Totally sucks! We couldn't hear the album before when it was on myspace either! I want to hear them live though for sure...so somebody please record it and make it available to us!

I will be going to one of their concerts, but not till they show up in North Carolina! Hopefully they have plans for such in 09!

Well done mate, justice prevails!

Thanks a lot fella. I'm so pleased, this has been an emotional rollercoaster.

don't forget to come back into this thread the minute you return. we need setlists, pictures and Coldplayers reviews for Wiki :D its so much nicer when it has your reviews as well as the newspaper ones

Don't worry, I'll be here dribbling from around midnight :D

how did people manage to get tickets from ticketmaster? i thought they were compo winners only?

They released the extra ones on TM with no real warning, and then a couple more this morning. I was just really really lucky to stumble across them. There may be more later, who knows. The whole thing's been a farce.

They released the extra ones on TM with no real warning, and then a couple more this morning. I was just really really lucky to stumble across them. There may be more later, who knows. The whole thing's been a farce.

congrats, im gonna stick on TM but i guess its too late

did they charge for them?

They're free. Ticketing has just been horrendous for this. Good luck one and all!

going to need a miracle lol

for some reason i just thought id win tickets. its my favourite band at my favourite venue...it just had to be too good to be true

Somebody record the concert for us US folks! We can't listen online! Totally sucks! We couldn't hear the album before when it was on myspace either! I want to hear them live though for sure...so somebody please record it and make it available to us!

I will be going to one of their concerts, but not till they show up in North Carolina! Hopefully they have plans for such in 09!

I can listen to Radio 1 online.... and I'm in Canada. Is it some kind of blackout where it's not being aired online??

I can listen to Radio 1 online.... and I'm in Canada. Is it some kind of blackout where it's not being aired online??

i think you should be able to tbh. if not, im sure someone will record it and post it tomorrow

Right I'm off to the cricket.

I hope all of you guys have a fantastic time tonight, especially my good friend Kumichi Baka.

If someone could record the gig and upload it that would be superb. I was going to record it on my V+ Box (Virgin's alternative to Sky+) but for some reason you cannot record radio stations.:veryangry2:

Have fun, and just remember how lucky you are.

Ron.

how much are the touts asking for? lol, so tempted

Beers were £3.30 last time i think, not too bad, bit watered down though

Sandi didn't say how much they're charging.

Hopefully they'll be frustrated in their efforts with the ID thing.

Watered down beer??? I'll have Trading Standards on them if my pint's not up to scratch lol.

Sandi didn't say how much they're charging.

Hopefully they'll be frustrated in their efforts with the ID thing.

Watered down beer??? I'll have Trading Standards on them if my pint's not up to scratch lol.

the wetherspoons by the station isnt too sad though. Less than £2 for a pint of Carling