✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

29-Jul-08: Montreal - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos [originally 20-Oct]

Well the last song is the one that's unfinished apparently....but it was cool !

I've uploaded two clips and got more to come ! I'm also putting pics up on my flickr account...yay !

Chris playing Satie:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=FwpwRPX_Iqc

A part of Viva la Vida:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=OtpoKlEBUGA

My vids are short because I wanted to enjoy the concert more than film it...hah !

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey broken_doll..i know what u mean! i was so overwhelmed..too much to take in! and wanting to capture it all :p

anyway here r some of my pics..nuffin special but there r some of guy and will lol

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25070205@N05/

the videos r much better! check em out here. i will add more today.

http://ca.youtube.com/user/mtl00001

viva and lost are especially good (love the way chris saunters over hehe). what an awesome show...i want to see them again! i still cant get over it. i love coldplay!!!

hey guys, check out some of my vids here!

i want to see them again!! im considering ottawa now...

Last tour we saw them both in Montreal and Ottawa. We had floor seats in Ottawa (mid way back) and were up in the 400s in Montreal. We had MUCH MUCH more fun in Montreal- even way up in the nosebleeds.

The crowd really makes a difference- Ottawa was a bummer show for us because the crowd just was asleep- really lame. I would love to see them again this tour but I think I will skip Ottawa even though we are right here in Ottawa- just because the show isn't as good. JMO though!

Last tour we saw them both in Montreal and Ottawa. We had floor seats in Ottawa (mid way back) and were up in the 400s in Montreal. We had MUCH MUCH more fun in Montreal- even way up in the nosebleeds.

The crowd really makes a difference- Ottawa was a bummer show for us because the crowd just was asleep- really lame. I would love to see them again this tour but I think I will skip Ottawa even though we are right here in Ottawa- just because the show isn't as good. JMO though!

same thing for me, but I've found tickets for ottawa on the floor row 19 so i'll go :)

Well the last song is the one that's unfinished apparently....but it was cool !

I've uploaded two clips and got more to come ! I'm also putting pics up on my flickr account...yay !

Chris playing Satie:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=FwpwRPX_Iqc

A part of Viva la Vida:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=OtpoKlEBUGA

My vids are short because I wanted to enjoy the concert more than film it...hah !

Thanks so much for this!

Hey guys. Just a quick request. We’ve had feedback that there are issues with the setlist for this show. So, I’d like your feedback as attendees of the gig. The setlist below is the one I took from this thread the morning after the show (I’ve read back through the thread just to reassure myself).

- Allegedly, Yes & Viva La Vida should be the other way round, anyone remember if this is the case?

- The talk video. Is it clear from the way this setlist is phrased that it’s a video & not the boys playing? Any input as to how we could make it clearer if not?

- Chris played a small bit of Erik Satie's Six Gnossiennes 1. Do we feel this needs inclusion? And if so, where does it go if it bridges two songs?

- The Escapist. How would you log this? Its on the setlist that the boys have (as per the photo from the Philly show). But how do we make it clear that its recorded & the boys aren’t on stage at the time?

== Setlist ==

#[[Life In Technicolor|Life In Technicolor]]

#[[Violet Hill|Violet Hill]]

#[[Clocks|Clocks]]

#[[in My Place|In My Place]]

#[[Yes|Yes]]

#[[Viva La Vida|Viva La Vida]]

#[[42|42]]

#[[Fix You|Fix You]]

#[[strawberry Swing|Strawberry Swing]]

#[[Chinese Sleep Chant|Chinese Sleep Chant (side stage)]]

#[[God Put A Smile Upon Your Face|God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (side stage/techno version)]]

#[[speed Of Sound|Speed Of Sound]]

#[[Yellow|Yellow]]

#[[Lost!|Lost!]]

#[[The Scientist|The Scientist (SIde Stage - Acoustic)]]

#[[Death Will Never Conquer|Death Will Never Conquer (Side Stage - Acoustic - Will)]]<br>'''Encore'''

#[[Talk|Talk (Remix - Video Interlude)]]

#[[Politik]]

#[[Lovers In Japan]]

#[[Death And All His Friends]]

#[[The Escapist|The Escapist]]<br>'''Encore 2'''

#[[Green Eyes|Green Eyes]]

#[[The Dubliners]] (new song)

Appreciate the input as always :D

Hey guys. Just a quick request. We’ve had feedback that there are issues with the setlist for this show. So, I’d like your feedback as attendees of the gig. The setlist below is the one I took from this thread the morning after the show (I’ve read back through the thread just to reassure myself).

- Allegedly, Yes & Viva La Vida should be the other way round, anyone remember if this is the case?

- The talk video. Is it clear from the way this setlist is phrased that it’s a video & not the boys playing? Any input as to how we could make it clearer if not?

- Chris played a small bit of Erik Satie's Six Gnossiennes 1. Do we feel this needs inclusion? And if so, where does it go if it bridges two songs?

- The Escapist. How would you log this? Its on the setlist that the boys have (as per the photo from the Philly show). But how do we make it clear that its recorded & the boys aren’t on stage at the time?

== Setlist ==

#[[Life In Technicolor|Life In Technicolor]]

#[[Violet Hill|Violet Hill]]

#[[Clocks|Clocks]]

#[[in My Place|In My Place]]

#[[Yes|Yes]]

#[[Viva La Vida|Viva La Vida]]

#[[42|42]]

#[[Fix You|Fix You]]

#[[strawberry Swing|Strawberry Swing]]

#[[Chinese Sleep Chant|Chinese Sleep Chant (side stage)]]

#[[God Put A Smile Upon Your Face|God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (side stage/techno version)]]

#[[speed Of Sound|Speed Of Sound]]

#[[Yellow|Yellow]]

#[[Lost!|Lost!]]

#[[The Scientist|The Scientist (SIde Stage - Acoustic)]]

#[[Death Will Never Conquer|Death Will Never Conquer (Side Stage - Acoustic - Will)]]<br>'''Encore'''

#[[Talk|Talk (Remix - Video Interlude)]]

#[[Politik]]

#[[Lovers In Japan]]

#[[Death And All His Friends]]

#[[The Escapist|The Escapist]]<br>'''Encore 2'''

#[[Green Eyes|Green Eyes]]

#[[The Dubliners]] (new song)

Appreciate the input as always :D

You are right, here are the facts:

Viva la vida was played right after in my place

the talk video was the techno version with a video about politicians... i don't quite remember but it was funny

Chris played satie's piece at the end of politik... he was going crazy!!! then he stopped and lovers in japan started, so it wasn't really a bridge but just an end to politik.

And for your last question, it was a recorded version of the escapist as it was playing while the band was leaving the stage, waving to the crowd.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but I have a question and didn't feel the need to create a new thread for this.

How are the tickets selling for the Montreal concerts? Fast? Not fast? I want to get floor tickets. Are they hard to get? I guess they'll come to the Bell Centre again..