✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

29-Jul-08: Montreal - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos [originally 20-Oct]

AMAZING

And last night my friends- is why Montreal ROCKS for concerts- especially COLDPLAY concerts!!!!!!

Amazing show- amazing band- amazing crowd. FUN FUN FUN. Great energy- great show. LOVED Lovers in Japan with the butterflies!!! That was so neat. I was a little disappointed when we didn't get any balls or flying confetti for Yellow- but that totally made up for it!!!!!

Would have liked to hear one or two more tracks from album one- and I didn't love the Techno version of GPASUYF- but- still an awesome show. Scientist acoustic was beautiful. Yellow was beautiful. Chris was not as great on Yes live as on track- but I figured that would be a hard one for him Live.

Wish I could see them in Montreal again!!!

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for the songs "right side of stage", is that right side when looking at the stage from the audience, or right side when standing on stage looking at audience?

your answer will make me very happy or very sad, based on my seat location....

"Drawing heavily on new material and feeling the love from a huge crowd, British rockers appear to be well on their way to new ground ...

His schtick worked like a charm, as did pretty much everything last night. Martin's exuberant, goofball grace is contagious. And his band held its own, particularly Buckland, who seemed to delight in drawing new sonic textures out of his guitar."

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/arts/story.html?id=10f7fa2d-d266-45a9-8e39-cc1b2ee3de53

I love that quote!

for the songs "right side of stage", is that right side when looking at the stage from the audience, or right side when standing on stage looking at audience?

your answer will make me very happy or very sad, based on my seat location....

They have stages on both sides. We got two songs on our side- (right of stage when looking from audience)- the other side got part of one (but I don't remember them actually getting the full band set up singing two songs)? Chris ran up on our side a couple of other times as well during a few songs- every time I turned to my husband and was like CAMERA!!!! It was awesome!

hey guys, check out some of my vids here!

http://ca.youtube.com/user/mtl00001

i got Viva La Vida, Chinese Sleep Chant, Lost and Death and All His Friends up

i'll post some more tomorrow

i was pretty close!!! esp when they came to the right-side stage. defintely best coldplay show ive seen yet! the energy was awesome, crowd was great, and the boys brought their A-game. chris's french was hilarious! i got a clip of that too lol. so much fun. i want to see them again!! im considering ottawa now...

The show was completely amazing. It's so nice to see a band that enjoys being onstage as much as we enjoy being in the audience! The only way I can describe it is that it was a complete party from beginning to end, with the highlight being Lovers in Japan.

Does anyone remember at which point Chris played a small bit of Erik Satie's Six Gnossiennes 1? (it was maybe 30-45 seconds)

I was filming him when he played part of Satie's piece !!

I must say, this show was absolutely AMAZINGGG !!!! I never thought I'd have so much fun on the floor seeing my favourite band, and mann it was beautiful ! The butterflies falling from the ceiling during Lovers in Japan (which is ironic because my boyfriend was here with me and he's Japanese...anyways !) was so lovely ! I took handfuls and handfuls of them home...lol.

During the last song too, the guards let people stand in the alley/passageway between the rows, and my boyfriend and I started dancing in a circle square-dance style ! 'Twas quite funny :).

All in all, this show was so beautiful, and amazing, and everything positive ! Sooo lovely. I'm so glad I got to see Coldplay again ! Man I love these guys....

I must say, this show was absolutely AMAZINGGG !!!! I never thought I'd have so much fun on the floor seeing my favourite band, and mann it was beautiful ! The butterflies falling from the ceiling during Lovers in Japan (which is ironic because my boyfriend was here with me and he's Japanese...anyways !) was so lovely ! I took handfuls and handfuls of them home...lol.

During the last song too, the guards let people stand in the alley/passageway between the rows, and my boyfriend and I started dancing in a circle square-dance style ! 'Twas quite funny :).

All in all, this show was so beautiful, and amazing, and everything positive ! Sooo lovely. I'm so glad I got to see Coldplay again ! Man I love these guys....

ty for putting your review onto the Wiki page :D

Oh very cool! Which song was it played before? Will you be uploading the clip? :D