✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

19-Nov-08: Dallas - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mel, I love the visuals that are accompanying your live updates tonight. But come on be honest, you prepped first, huh???

You know next time, you're gonna have to up the ante...and post song clips...then vids...then....idunno. LOL

(Damn, I'm a bit behind, 'cause I didn't want to cut off Politik when you said that they were up to LiJ...:blush:)

Talked to Angie on the phone...someone threw a beer and it actually spilled all over the computers of the roadies who are in charge of the backdrops and magic balls. Angie said it made a huge mess that they had to clean up. Those roadies gave her Matt's setlist from under the stage and a page with all the different VIVA badges on it for Dallas:D

Talked to Angie on the phone...someone threw a beer and it actually spilled all over the computers of the roadies who are in charge of the backdrops and magic balls. Angie said it made a huge mess that they had to clean up. Those roadies gave her Matt's setlist from under the stage and a page with all the different VIVA badges on it for Dallas:D
I showed my Viva badge thing to Pete and he was all....."WHO GAVE YOU THAT!" :stunned: ahahaahhhaa told him I'd be printing myself up an all access pass and see him on the rest of the tour. :P

Talked to Angie on the phone...someone threw a beer and it actually spilled all over the computers of the roadies who are in charge of the backdrops and magic balls. Angie said it made a huge mess that they had to clean up.

:laugh3:

Oh dear.

In Dallas, Coldplay shows a burning intensity

407-Coldplay_002.jpg_11-20-2008_Tarrant_VBQ6A7S.embedded.prod_affiliate.58.jpg

DALLAS — Coldplay’s ambitions are finally being matched by its sound.

While the British quartet has always aimed to be among the top arena-dominating rock acts, its sensitive, occasionally maudlin and delicate ballads hadn’t made the strongest case.

That said, the group’s live shows have been raved about for years. Goopy tunes or not, Coldplay is nothing if not audience-pleasing. Yet Wednesday night at American Airlines Center, there was a different air about the Grammy-winning act, almost as if Chris Martin and his bandmates were making a thrilling declaration: If another band would like to wrest away their crown as one of the most vital acts in music, let’s have at it.

Emboldened by its new album, Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends, with its rich, vivid and muscular songs, Coldplay raced through its set list, attacking staples such as In My Place and Clocks with as much verve as newer tracks Violet Hill or Viva la Vida’s staggering title cut.

What was most impressive about the Viva la Vida tracks was their considerable punch — drummer Will Champion was tireless from first song to last — and Martin’s willingness to dispense with his trademark falsetto and sing with more authority. It helps give Coldplay a much needed dose of gravitas.

Not that the band has become dour. Several instances of goofiness included Martin’s encouraging the crowd to buy copies of the new Guns N’ Roses album so they could get free Dr Peppers.

The packed arena greeted nearly every song and gesture with a lusty roar and near-constant flashbulbs. Martin was a reliable bundle of boundless energy, whirling from mike to guitar to piano.

And it’s that energy that now feels properly channeled. For its first three albums, Martin and Coldplay made well-intended stabs at greatness, frequently coming close but not quite clinching it.

On record as in Wednesday’s performance, the British rockers, who still humbly thank their screaming fans for bothering to come out, have secured a place as an undeniably great band, one of heft, talent and substance.

http://www.star-telegram.com/performing_arts/story/1048853.html

Everything's coming up Coldplay

FROM THE DESK OF ALIBASTER K. ABTHERNABTHER

Dear Chris Martin,

Greetings and salutations, Top 40 rock star. My name is Alibaster K. Abthernabther, best-selling author, champion yacht racer, hot-air balloon enthusiast and spoon-fed music listener.

I was quite excited to attend the performance of your band the Coldplays at the Center of the American Airlines. I must say, I had a wondrous time. It's so refreshing to hear music that doesn't challenge or excite me. Why, it's barely entertaining at all! I do so enjoy and appreciate art that does not affect me emotionally.

I am equally impressed with your band's tour fashions; the tattered garb of war-wounded revolutionary foot soldiers accented with fluorescent highway-construction paint. It is as if so much thought and creativity was siphoned into your wardrobe that there was only an infinitesimal amount of inspiration left over for actual musicianship and songwriting.

And thank the heavens for that! To paraphrase the always-hilarious jokester Billy Crystal, "It is better to look good, than to sound even slightly interesting."

By far, the most impressive aspect of your live performance is the energy you put forth on stage, Mr. Martin. You spin and you twirl and you leap and you howl! It is such an invigorating dance, the perfect counterbalance for the yawn- inducing sound that expels from the stadium's amplifiers.

So many concertgoers are hypnotized by your footwork that they barely realize they paid upward of $70 to hear reverberating whale songs for two hours.

Fortunately, my opportunities to enjoy your songcraft are not merely limited to a live concert experience. I turn on the radio and I hear the Coldplays. I go to the cinema to watch a hollow, predictable romantic comedy and I hear the Coldplays. I tune in to watch a prime-time single-camera dramedy and, lo and behold, I hear the wilting, mind- numbing strains of the Coldplays. You are everywhere at once! It never, ever gets irritating. Never.

I must now take my leave, Mr. Martin, as it is almost time for the nurse to change my food bag and administer my sponge bath. You see, your concert caused me to lapse into a mild coma, as all my vital organs shut down simultaneously upon hearing your unoriginal, studio-polished drivel. Somehow, my brain has recovered fully, though I am still severely paralyzed from the ears down.

Please feel free to visit me in the hospital so that my personal assistant Reggie Part Two may shake your hand on my behalf, and then promptly hurl you out of a 12-story window.

Yours,

Alibaster K. Abthernabther

http://www.quickdfw.com/sharedcontent/dws/quick/columnists/alibaster/stories/DN-life--alibaster_1120ick.ART.State.Edition1.4a74ea1.html