✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

19-Nov-08: Dallas - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Wow, that really blows. Obviously you are a big fan to actually know about all this. I think I found one of these guys too. Nettie talked to him, and he blew us off as well. Sucks. I'm sorry.

Thanks. I'm glad that I wasn't the only person that experienced this.

I just became a huge fan for the first time this summer. I've always owned all of their albums (that my hubby bought), but never went to a show. I guess you could say I was just a casual fan. When VLV came out, actually when I saw the iTunes commercial, I fell in love right away. So I've been trying to catch up. Usually I'm a huge U2 fan, but as you know they've been in the studio working on their new album which has yet to be released, and I've been bored silly. I've just never had a second favorite band before until now, which is awesome! It's nice to have finally something to fill in the void between U2 albums for me.

Anyway, I found out about the ticket upgrade this summer on a Coldplay thread over on U2's official forum. So I guess you could say that I was prepared. Or so I thought. Oh well. Maybe I'll get up close next time.

Since Coldplay loves U2 so much and does copy a few things, I wish Coldplay would make the floor general admission. I've done it for U2 twice, have been second and third to the rail, and it was awesome! And the tickets were cheap too! Only $50! The hard part is standing in line outside all day waiting for the show. But you make lots of new friends and you're just feet from the band. Plus too you are surrounded by real fans and not people just there to say they were there and not know any of the songs and just stand and stare or sit like a busted asshole.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hey y'all!!!

I just got a message from RS today, and they have backstage photos. Guess which show?!

Yep, you guessed it...BIG D!!!

Of course I'm really pissed about the first pic because I would love to have a clear close up shot with his Don't Mess With Texas shirt on. Oh well.

So Yeeee Haaaaaw for more Dallas pics and behind the scenes at the AAC!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...the link...

http://www.rollingstone.com/photos/gallery/24672824/backstage_with_coldplay_exclusive/photo/1

• 1 month later...

Just read this over on Coldplay.com...

Coldplay.com: "What was the worst mistake you made on stage in 2008?"

Jonny: "Oh there were so many! Splitting my trousers on the run back from the C-stage bit was pretty hair-raising. It was in America, around Dallas time."

O.o

Did not know that!

Haha, Angie did some research, it was actually the Houston show before the Dallas show. Not the Dallas show. B/C his pants changed in Houston, but he had the same pants all night in Dallas. He just remembers the Dallas show b/c there were, uh... certain huge stalkers there that night with signs and stuff. ;)

Haha, Angie did some research, it was actually the Houston show before the Dallas show. Not the Dallas show. B/C his pants changed in Houston, but he had the same pants all night in Dallas. He just remembers the Dallas show b/c there were, uh... certain huge stalkers there that night with signs and stuff. ;)

Oh! I see!

;)

they'll be in Dallas again on the 21st of JULY!!!

SEE YOU GUYS THERE (again)

;)

O...M...Freakin'...G!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had no clue they were coming back!!!!!

I swear I did not see this coming!!!!!

This is totally freakin' awesome!!!!!!!!!

WHOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

But.........now my only concern is where they are playing....

Shitty-ass Starplex...of course. [i will not call it by it's new stupid-ass name.]

*sigh*

Oh well. I'll do my best not to get a grass seat.

Here's hoping for the best!

:thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...