✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

9-Dec-08 - Glasgow, SECC - Tickets, Meetups, Review/Photos (originally 5th Dec)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and the rest!

c30.jpg

c26.jpg

c27.jpg

c28.jpg

c29.jpg

c25.jpg

c24.jpg

c23.jpg

c22.jpg

c21.jpg

c20.jpg

The setlist was exactly the same as Saturday....thought they might have played even one different song...but no. It was still amazing though. I don't think the atmosphere was as good as Saturday. I think that's mainly because it's a school night, people aren't drinking. Plus I was fairly leathered on Saturday so I was LOVING IT :laugh3: Good times! :D Bring on Hampden!

I know this won't make a lot of people happy but I gotta admit I was really disappointed with last night's gig. That was the 5th time I've seen Coldplay and was the worst by a country mile. The word that my boyfriend (who's a bigger fan than me) used when we left was "pantomime". I wish they would concentrate on singing the songs instead of all the other stuff they seem to fill their shows with these days. I felt like they didn't really play an awful lot of songs. And the songs they did play, especially the older tracks, they didn't do justice to. What the f happened to Politik. One of my fave live tracks ever, and last night's version was horrendous. They played prob about 95 mins, but if you took out all the constant yakking and hideous Take That covers (why?) it probably just scraped in at 1hr 15mins. Was so gutted cos I'd been gagging for this gig for ages. Had originally got fri tix cos I thought I'd be desperate to go back for the Sat gig. Hmm, think that's put me off going back unless they reign themselves in (yes I'm talking to you Chris) and get back to the music. I'd been watching the Live 2003 DVD to get me in the mood, and that gig last night was nothing in comparison. Sorry, I know a lot of people won't agree. But it's the first gig I've gone to in yonks and felt cheated. Makes me feel ok now that I can't afford Hampden tix, doubt I'll be missing much based on that performance. Will's got a lovely voice but, one of the highlights of the night. :\

[Coldplay Oxfam Blog] Glasgow SECC - Take Two.

I’m sitting in the same little room as I was a few days ago, writing another blog, about another Coldplay show. We have had some adventures on this tour, playing 3 different countries in 3 days.. it’s not quite the same adventure when you return to the same city, but it was another great show in Glasgow. Oxfam’s brilliant bunch of volunteers, between them, got 1526 Health and Education For All pledges, to add to the thousands of others on the Coldplay tour.

Another noisy crowd greeted the band tonight. Needing little encouragement to sing every word and clap to the beats (even if they weren’t always in time with the band). Chris Martin had to tell everyone to stop clapping at the start of ‘The Hardest Part’ (which he dedicated to his haircut), as he couldn’t figure out the timing. He got it in the end, and the clapping continued anyway.

1 in 5 people at the show tonight, made the pledge. They took a few moments to chat to one of our campaigners and put their name down. To support more children having the chance to go to school. To take action to put pressure on governments to provide affordable healthcare for all.

After they were finished doing that, they went to watch the Coldplay show. Stamped their feet, clapped their hands, chanted chords and sung words. It’s a great crowd here, and I won’t forget it in a hurry. I’m sure the band won’t either. We head South tonight. Back to England. Next stop Manchester. Two nights. Two shows. 40 Oxfam volunteers ready and waiting. Plus, another 28′000 or so Coldplay fans..

http://www.oxfamblogs.org/coldplay/?p=128

Hi there my first post in here!

a nice forum...

Yesterday was my 1st concert for The viva la vida tour, and my second concert for coldplay (1st time in france during x&y)

So good to see them again!

I don't from where to begin, they were f* good.

Highlights: all these balloons during yellow? it reminded me 3 years ago...

or the encore with Politik?

I was jumping and dancing alone in the very first row, and a guard came and warned me, i'd been asked to go and sit in my place!! :D

I can't remember when was my favorite moment, there were so many...

Should I now go to London...?

PS: i managed to pick up a setlist, but it was not one of those in the stage, a guard gave me one, and it appears that there are some mistakes on it.... :veryangry2: i couldn't wait more, i had to run to catch the last bus to Edinburgh...

Fudge....I think I LOVE YOU!!!! So many good close pics of Will :shocked2::D

SQUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:bomb: :dance:

ok! Here we go! :D

c1.jpg

c10.jpg

c11.jpg

c12.jpg

c13.jpg

c14.jpg

c15.jpg

c16.jpg

c18.jpg

c17-1.jpg

c2.jpg

c19.jpg

c3.jpg

c4.jpg

c5.jpg

c6.jpg

c7.jpg

c8.jpg

c9.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEXjJxP_lg0]YouTube - Coldplay (Will Champion) - Death Will Never Conquer SECC[/ame]

I had my head on the desk to be able to see it LOL but damn it was worth it! You are a fucking mind reader, 'cause I've been thinking "damn I gotta ask someone to PLEASE make a vid of Will singing." We usually get Chris on C stage, but I want me some WILLLLL.:D But I always forget. So THANKS!!!:kiss:

WEEEEE :dance: you were so close as the passed by!!!:o

Just got back from Glascow.My highlights was this girl in the front raw tried to climb up and touch chris martin and she got removed by the guard.hehehe that was so funny.Chris was like "hey i think you are a bit too close"hehe ;) the concert rocked.im guna put some really good videos soon...