✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

9-Dec-08 - Glasgow, SECC - Tickets, Meetups, Review/Photos (originally 5th Dec)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there my first post in here!

a nice forum...

Yesterday was my 1st concert for The viva la vida tour, and my second concert for coldplay (1st time in france during x&y)

So good to see them again!

I don't from where to begin, they were f* good.

Highlights: all these balloons during yellow? it reminded me 3 years ago...

or the encore with Politik?

I was jumping and dancing alone in the very first row, and a guard came and warned me, i'd been asked to go and sit in my place!! :D

I can't remember when was my favorite moment, there were so many...

Should I now go to London...?

PS: i managed to pick up a setlist, but it was not one of those in the stage, a guard gave me one, and it appears that there are some mistakes on it.... :veryangry2: i couldn't wait more, i had to run to catch the last bus to Edinburgh...

I had to leave during the encore to make sure i caught the last train to edinburgh :(

i heard the scientist, the mini take that cover and part of Life in technicolour 2...did i miss any more songs?

I had to leave during the encore to make sure i caught the last train to edinburgh :(

i heard the scientist, the mini take that cover and part of Life in technicolour 2...did i miss any more songs?

Not really actually, after LITii they left the stage and as an outro we could hear The Escapist.

And then it was all SECC trying to get out of the venue, it was already 11!

We had to run with my friend from the venue until the train station to catch the train until Central station, and then ran again until the coach station. We arrived just 1minute before the bus left!

But that was a great nite!

In the setlist i picked up there is a song they didn't play (?) which is "Lips like Sugar", what is it?

I hated yesterday when we were not even allowed to ask to the technicians to have a setlist from the stage . It was more like ok now just get out!!

no u only missed those two.hehe the scientist was amazing and the new song was great song to finish it off.;)

Phew! :lol: For "the scientist" i just walked down to front...no-one seemed to care!..

My video of the B stage i think it is called...

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HF-Rx_VSI1U]YouTube - Coldplay - Live at The SECC (9/12/08)[/ame]

Here is what i can remember them playing( might not be in right order...in fact i know it wont :lol:....I'll just post the songs)

LIT

Violet hill

Clocks

Yellow

Lost!

Politik

Viva La Vida

Death and all his friends

Death will never conquer

strawberry swing

Green eyes

Lovers in japan

The Hardest part

God put a smile...

Talk

Postcards from far away

The scientist

Back for good (Take that :lol:)

LIT ii

EDIT: oh and chinese sleep chant

Was so good! I'll upload more vido's in a bit :D

[/url]

:stunned: you were so close to them!!

i couldnt see them at all when they went to that stage :lol:

Was so amazing last night! i've saw the band that got me into music 3 years ago for the first time :D

i was wayyyyyyy to early at the venue..like 2:30 :lol:

i heard the original soundcheck aswell (they done 2)

so are you up for the x factor audition then? :rolleyes:

I know this won't make a lot of people happy but I gotta admit I was really disappointed with last night's gig. That was the 5th time I've seen Coldplay and was the worst by a country mile. The word that my boyfriend (who's a bigger fan than me) used when we left was "pantomime". I wish they would concentrate on singing the songs instead of all the other stuff they seem to fill their shows with these days. I felt like they didn't really play an awful lot of songs. And the songs they did play, especially the older tracks, they didn't do justice to. What the f happened to Politik. One of my fave live tracks ever, and last night's version was horrendous. They played prob about 95 mins, but if you took out all the constant yakking and hideous Take That covers (why?) it probably just scraped in at 1hr 15mins. Was so gutted cos I'd been gagging for this gig for ages. Had originally got fri tix cos I thought I'd be desperate to go back for the Sat gig. Hmm, think that's put me off going back unless they reign themselves in (yes I'm talking to you Chris) and get back to the music. I'd been watching the Live 2003 DVD to get me in the mood, and that gig last night was nothing in comparison. Sorry, I know a lot of people won't agree. But it's the first gig I've gone to in yonks and felt cheated. Makes me feel ok now that I can't afford Hampden tix, doubt I'll be missing much based on that performance. Will's got a lovely voice but, one of the highlights of the night. :\

Can only compare with the show I seen on Saturday and don't agree with you but I can totally see where you're coming from. Have to say the Saturday show is up there in my top 3 gigs I've been to!

I can see where you're coming from too. Don't really know what you mean re. Politik - I was thinking more GPASUYF....Politik sounded great to me. As for the chatting...that's just Chris! That's what he does. Sorry you didn't enjoy it though.

:stunned: you were so close to them!!

i couldnt see them at all when they went to that stage :lol:

Was so amazing last night! i've saw the band that got me into music 3 years ago for the first time :D

so are you up for the x factor audition then? :rolleyes:

Why did you get there so early?! :laugh3:

I think collectively we should go for X Factor....I may ruin our chances however!

Why did you get there so early?! :laugh3:

I think collectively we should go for X Factor....I may ruin our chances however!

:lol: well the first reason was because even though i live in edinburgh i have never actually been to glasgow before so i wanted a wee look about beforehand (wasnt a long look about :P)

and two i am very bad with times :laugh3:

well my mates and parents always want me to audition for the x factor...but thats not my musical scene. :rolleyes:

you've never been to glasgow?! I live in Edinburgh too. Used to live in Glasgow though.

Here's another vid....i'm slowly uploading!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=linOHus0NpM]YouTube - Coldplay - Green Eyes Glasgow SECC[/ame]

Oh James, I also got to listen to their soundcheck in Sheffield as I got to the Arena at the ridiculous time of 3:00pm... it was worth it though... in the end I heard Chris singing cemeteries twice, one during soundcheck and one during the concert!!!

:nice:

My "Yellow" Video :D

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-ANhrPiyYn8]YouTube - Coldplay - Live at The SECC (9/12/08)[/ame]

It's weird but on recording it looks like i had a much worse view than i actually did :lol:

Anyway would people want to see "Politik" or solo chris "The Scientist" next? :D (making it interactive!)

I can see where you're coming from too. Don't really know what you mean re. Politik - I was thinking more GPASUYF....Politik sounded great to me. As for the chatting...that's just Chris! That's what he does. Sorry you didn't enjoy it though.

Yeah I always loved the interaction he had with the crowd but last night just seemed really self indulgent. You wouldn't mind if when the chatting was over they really gave amazing performances but last night they didn't. I travelled to Newcastle to see them in 2005 and came away euphoric cos I loved it so much. But last night I just couldn't get into it. Even the setlist seemed strange The god awful dance versions of GPASUYF and Talk. And singing The Hardest Part. Talk and Hardest Part are songs that I could really care less about hearing live. What about Trouble, Daylight or Shiver thrown in? That would have really made the gig special. Or even a B side for the long term fans. Green Eyes was beautiful, and the gig would have been 100 times better for it. The new songs sounded good, and you can tell they're really into playing them live. But one thing I really noticed last night, how amazing is Johnny Buckland!! He is up there with the best guitarists around. I thought the stage set up was fantastic, but I'd have watched them play on a bare stage if the performance had been better. And 90 (probably more like 75) mins, come on lads, you've got 4 albums and your ticket prices are soaring. Did anyone like the all seated gigs? Maybe that didn't help, if I'd been down in the pit jumping about maybe I'd have a different take on things. Sorry if it sounds really negative, no-ones more gutted than me that I didn't enjoy it. :embarassed:

Yeah I always loved the interaction he had with the crowd but last night just seemed really self indulgent. You wouldn't mind if when the chatting was over they really gave amazing performances but last night they didn't. I travelled to Newcastle to see them in 2005 and came away euphoric cos I loved it so much. But last night I just couldn't get into it. Even the setlist seemed strange The god awful dance versions of GPASUYF and Talk. And singing The Hardest Part. Talk and Hardest Part are songs that I could really care less about hearing live. What about Trouble, Daylight or Shiver thrown in? That would have really made the gig special. Or even a B side for the long term fans. Green Eyes was beautiful, and the gig would have been 100 times better for it. The new songs sounded good, and you can tell they're really into playing them live. But one thing I really noticed last night, how amazing is Johnny Buckland!! He is up there with the best guitarists around. I thought the stage set up was fantastic, but I'd have watched them play on a bare stage if the performance had been better. And 90 (probably more like 75) mins, come on lads, you've got 4 albums and your ticket prices are soaring. Did anyone like the all seated gigs? Maybe that didn't help, if I'd been down in the pit jumping about maybe I'd have a different take on things. Sorry if it sounds really negative, no-ones more gutted than me that I didn't enjoy it. :embarassed:

nothing wrong with being negative if you back your statements up, which you have, and if you're talking about a show which you have physically attended, which you also have :)

No I totally get what you're saying and I do agree. I'd really like it if they threw in a wild card (not Back for Good! :laugh3:). I was really pleased they played Green Eyes. I don't know why they play the Hardest Part at all, it's one of their worst songs! I was disappointed with GPASUYF. It's one of my favs and I really don't think they do it justice with that version. However I do understand they want to try and mix things up a bit with older songs. I was originally REALLY pissed off that it was a seated tour. But, when I went on Saturday I have to say that I had THE best time. I ran down the front at the end so was there for Politik, Lovers in Japan, DAAHF and the scientist. The atmosphere was fantastic, the crowd was just great.

:lol:

oh my LORD Fudg! your vids are so amazing!!! goshhhhh and great quality!

who does chris keep hugging though?!

It's a guy called Billy Sloan, a journalist. Chris dedicated Death Will Never Conquer to him for being so good to them over the years.