✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

12-Dec-08 - Manchester, MEN Arena - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right .. where do I start !!!

Firstly , we LOVE Coldplay and all their songs BUT have to say we were very dissappointed in the Thursday M.E.N. concert !!!

They seemed to be showing their b*lls by playing so very LOUD ... we were at the far end , block 205 just above the section where they did that short acoustic section - it sounded all wery distorted to be honest.

We saw Incubus from the same seats last year and there sound was co blear and clean compared to Coldplay !!!

Also , other venues had Girls Aloud or JayZ as support and we got some unknown/ unsigned band .

A have to complain about the the selfish , inconsiderate couple in front of us - Block 206 - THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE !! - sat in seats 5 &6 about halfway up - row J or something.

The bloke looked and acted like a camp Alan Carr clone and stood up , mincing his way through my fave songs ....starting with YELLOW .... everybody else remained seated apart from these two idiots !!!

I don't normally resort to violence BUT lat night I was very tempted !!!!!

well guys! i just got back and it was pretty top! during green eyes i went out to the doors the band escaped through (running backstage) i took my prospekt march cover and a sharpie hoping for a autograph but all i got was a wave from Chris and a sympathetic "sorry" from Guy but still it was cool, same setlist as last night but a much better crowd! my seats weren't as good but i met two great people , (if you were in block 114 sat on row G seats 13,14 let me knoww!!) :P

we only got ONE encore of two songs wheras recently they have been doijng TWo encores of 5 songs !!

The bloke looked and acted like a camp Alan Carr clone and stood up , mincing his way through my fave songs ....starting with YELLOW .... everybody else remained seated apart from these two idiots !!!

we got two encores last night! and the guy stood up? seriously? he had the cheek to enjoy himself at a concert he payed £42.50 for! reall? :O

So, no live updates tonight? (figures, when i'm around! :sad:)

Can't wait to hear Jen's review of tonight :dance:

'Fraid not. My phone bill took a battering last night. And sorry to say I'm glad I wasn't doing live updates, tonight outweighed last night by a million squillion times and I was having the best time :D

awwww.... hope you feel better :\

waitt you went flying over the oxfam booth and pete didn't show? :stunned:lucky....

aiiiiiiiiiiii :uhoh:

the show has helped, I'm on such a buzz right now.

Pete was stood the other side of the table, I might have pushed it into him as I sprawled. :embarassed:

Right .. where do I start !!!

Firstly , we LOVE Coldplay and all their songs BUT have to say we were very dissappointed in the Thursday M.E.N. concert !!!

They seemed to be showing their b*lls by playing so very LOUD ... we were at the far end , block 205 just above the section where they did that short acoustic section - it sounded all wery distorted to be honest.

We saw Incubus from the same seats last year and there sound was co blear and clean compared to Coldplay !!!

Also , other venues had Girls Aloud or JayZ as support and we got some unknown/ unsigned band .

A have to complain about the the selfish , inconsiderate couple in front of us - Block 206 - THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE !! - sat in seats 5 &6 about halfway up - row J or something.

Last night's concert was quite strange.

And we were wondering about the people who were sitting down last night :\ , which very much seems to have contributed to the general mood of Thursday's show. Tonight, pretty much everyone was stood from the outset and the vibe was great, with Chris quite obviously feeding off the energy.

well guys! i just got back and it was pretty top! during green eyes i went out to the doors the band escaped through (running backstage) i took my prospekt march cover and a sharpie hoping for a autograph but all i got was a wave from Chris and a sympathetic "sorry" from Guy but still it was cool, same setlist as last night but a much better crowd! my seats weren't as good but i met two great people , (if you were in block 114 sat on row G seats 13,14 let me knoww!!) :P

we couldn't get out :stunned: for some reason the aisles either side of our block just didn't move for ages

much better than last night :D

we were a bit further back to take decent photos, but have I got some videos for you guys :dance:

plus Mr BusyBeeBurns may very well have a treat (albeit a reasonably distant treat) for Phil fans :D

We were sat on the lower tier about 3/4 of the way down the length of the arena. Whilst we were sat waiting for them to set up the stage & load the roadies into the ceiling, I spotted a certain roadie named Miller lurking with the sound guys in the middle of the arena. Unfortunately, he must be psychic because as I pointed him out to Ian, he moved off quite quickly to the front. I wondered if he might come back so in between watching the expolits of those poor roadies trying to reach the hanging chairs in the ceiling, I kept my eye on the soundcheck guys. And guess who I spotted as he joined them, you guessed it, the one and only Mr Phil Harvey!! So Ian got his camera out and tried to take a few distance photos of him. It may or may not have worked, but I'm sure Ian will post any new Phil photos shortly :D

Another incredible night! Jon Hopkins didn't perform tonight, unless he came on before The High Wire?

Highlights included (apart from the actual music of course!) Chris saying, before Green Eyes, something along the lines of, "This is an old song, by Joe Satriani - he writes all of our songs!" and Chris dedicating Politik to Debs, which I thought was lovely. He mentioned her again during The Scientist - aww.

The crowd was amazing and really up for it from the moment the first notes of Life In Technicolor errupted from the speakers. I was sat in Block 102 at the side of the stage and everyone stood for the whole gig, which was great!

I managed to take it all in a bit more this time around and I had fun away from the madness and crazyness of the floor infront of the stage!

What a week this has been :)

Another incredible night! Jon Hopkins didn't perform tonight, unless he came on before The High Wire?

Highlights included (apart from the actual music of course!) Chris saying, before Green Eyes, something along the lines of, "This is an old song, by Joe Satriani - he writes all of our songs!" and Chris dedicating Politik to Debs, which I thought was lovely. He mentioned her again during The Scientist - aww.

The crowd was amazing and really up for it from the moment the first notes of Life In Technicolor errupted from the speakers. I was sat in Block 102 at the side of the stage and everyone stood for the whole gig, which was great!

I managed to take it all in a bit more this time around and I had fun away from the madness and crazyness of the floor infront of the stage!

What a week this has been :)

Debs was in the same block as us last night, and we never knew!! She was same block tonight.

Wow! I just got back home and boy, what an amazing gig. Highlights for me were 42, LiT2, the yellow balls, and surprisingly I really loved The Hardest Part on the piano up front. I've never rated that song particularly highly, but they way they did it tonight, really simple with Will on backing, almost like a duet, was lovely. The green eyes/death will never conquer bit was fab, we were sat almost directly opposite, and it was fun trying to guess/work out where they were heading for when they came down the ramp. Chris stopped the intro to Green Eyes to say "this was written by Joe Satriani - all our songs are.." or something like that. I laughed but I don't think many people by me up in the cheap seats got the joke. By me, the crowd were enjoying themselves but they didn't exactley look like die-hard fans, I felt a bit out of place in my brand new, bright red VLV teeshirt :)

Speed of Sound lacked a bit of oomph for me compared to the other tracks. Chinese Sleep was great but felt like a bit of a lull, a bit of a filler. 42 was stupendous, really stunning. Stawb Swing and LiT2 were f**king gorgeous! Will's drumming was fantastic. I could feel the beat right in my chest, even as high up as we were, in the nosebleed seats. Chris was his usual energetic-toddler self, the long note at the end of 42 was ace. Chris waited for the crowd to sing the end, then he sang it and the oh-oh at the very end became a very long drawn out note, after he'd built himself up to it :)

Anyway, they've made my night, and I'm so glad that after all the gigs they've done this year, it still felt special, even if I have come home with a banging headache and a tummyache from the lager! :)

anyone know how I get vids off my phone. I have Green Eyes & DWNC to share :D

If you didn't get a USB cable with your phone then try searching Google or Amazon for your phone and accessories/cables etc. My last phone didn't come with one but I managed to get the right cable off Amazon for only a few pounds.

^Great vid for the hardest part :) I've just checked my vids on the camera and I have a really crappy one of four tiny sparkler lights in a sea of blackness, hahah it's rubbish. I got a nice one of Yellow and all the balls bobbing down on the floor. Can't find the camera cable at the mo, will have to figure it out tomoorw, need to sleep now, tho I might be Wo-ahing in me sleep. Night all.

Oh and one more thing....

WO-OH-OH-OH-OOOOOOHH

WO-OH-OH-OH-OOOOOOHH

:D