✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

12-Dec-08 - Manchester, MEN Arena - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Hey bellynelly you were sooo lucky to be up by the acoustic bit :) I thought Politik was fab last night too - really powerful (do love that song anyway, so I'm prob biased)

What did you get Merch wise? I wasn't going to get a programme but my brother got me one as a pressie on the way out. Now, I'm gonna frame it. I wanted some butterflies but I didn't get any :( :( :(

I felt abit left out up on the side what with no balloons and no butterflies!!! I was esp. gutted about not getting a single butterfly!!

Merch wise, well, 5 t-shirts!!!! (42, pink skinny, blue butterfly, white skinny and red viva), mug, bag, both the keyrings, badges and programme!! I don't regret spending a single penny!

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I felt abit left out up on the side what with no balloons and no butterflies!!! I was esp. gutted about not getting a single butterfly!!

Merch wise, well, 5 t-shirts!!!! (42, pink skinny, blue butterfly, white skinny and red viva), mug, bag, both the keyrings, badges and programme!! I don't regret spending a single penny!

I've got the pink skinny with the red blobs on and I'm wearing it right now :D

ugh, I've just remembered. The bloke who was sick on a crowded tram on the way back.:sick: Everyone was covering their noses just like Chris looked at the fair with Moses

the only plus point to this cold, I couldn't smell a thing :laugh3:

Hi guys, long time member first time post, went last night and it was an amazing show!

I got 2 full songs on vid

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FZxE5Kw1J0]YouTube - Coldplay - Strawberry Swing Live - Manchester 12th December 2008[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQs6RaCg5rk]YouTube - Coldplay - Yellow Live - Manchester 12th December 2008[/ame]

all pics and vids look so great!!! :D

'Fraid not. My phone bill took a battering last night. And sorry to say I'm glad I wasn't doing live updates, tonight outweighed last night by a million squillion times and I was having the best time :D

the show has helped, I'm on such a buzz right now.

Pete was stood the other side of the table, I might have pushed it into him as I sprawled. :embarassed:

Last night's concert was quite strange.

And we were wondering about the people who were sitting down last night :\ , which very much seems to have contributed to the general mood of Thursday's show. Tonight, pretty much everyone was stood from the outset and the vibe was great, with Chris quite obviously feeding off the energy.

we couldn't get out :stunned: for some reason the aisles either side of our block just didn't move for ages

plus Mr BusyBeeBurns may very well have a treat (albeit a reasonably distant treat) for Phil fans :D

We were sat on the lower tier about 3/4 of the way down the length of the arena. Whilst we were sat waiting for them to set up the stage & load the roadies into the ceiling, I spotted a certain roadie named Miller lurking with the sound guys in the middle of the arena. Unfortunately, he must be psychic because as I pointed him out to Ian, he moved off quite quickly to the front. I wondered if he might come back so in between watching the expolits of those poor roadies trying to reach the hanging chairs in the ceiling, I kept my eye on the soundcheck guys. And guess who I spotted as he joined them, you guessed it, the one and only Mr Phil Harvey!! So Ian got his camera out and tried to take a few distance photos of him. It may or may not have worked, but I'm sure Ian will post any new Phil photos shortly :D

oh no :embarassed: i though you said pete was hiding from you...

stupid drunka ss man :angry:

weeeeeeeee you spotted phil :wideeyed:

this is the best phil shot I have

philharvey.jpg

I :heart: it :D

tnx ian!

Don't thank me, thank the camera :D I was trying to get a variety of shots, but every time I pressed the button the big screen flipped to Will. And most of the Guy shots I have from the screen are very blurry. The camera was just feeling the Will love :lol:

you cam thinks guy is to pretty :D trying to make the other feel better..

I got loads without trying when I went. I had been to Primarni and had a big bag and when I got home I found hundreds of them in there :lol:

I keep finding them in random places now, like my bed, they've taken over my room :uhoh:

one word... boobies... :rolleyes:

decorate your christmas tree with them like i have :lol:

ooooh nice idea!!!

much better than Thursday's, I wasn't deafened last night, I didn't have beer spilt all over my coat and jen didn't get barged by drunks. And the performance was flawless :D

AS I said previously - I think they got the sound levels wrong on Thursday - but it sounds like they may have lowered them somewhat for Friday ... won't bother going to anymore Coldplay gigs though ... not paying £150 ( two tickets) to listen to an hour and a half of distorted, wall of sound .... maybe Phil spector was in control of the sound levels !!

[quote= On the 11th I was in block 104 and only 4 seats from the acoustic 'platform' as I call it, and everyone in the block was standing and really into it, the 2nd I was in block 106, further back and not so close to 'the platform', and most of the people near me spent most of the night sat down, which made me feel quite sad, but I never sat down and never stopped clapping and singing!!

!!!!!

Don't suppose you paid any thoughts for the poor souls who were SAT behind you and who paid a lot of money to SIT !??

Don't suppose you ASKED the people behind you if minded you dancing in front of them ?

Just wondering what goes through the minds of people like yourself BEFORE you decide to BLOCK the view of at least 3 or 4 people SAT behind you - not to mention all the rows of people further behind you , who get to see some thoughtless person's backside jiggling about , rather than see their beloved COLDPLAY !!

Do you realise how distracting it is when just ONE "person" ( see how restrained I am ) is dancing around in the field of view of about 40 other fans !!??

I may sound a bit "tetchy" but that is because some small minded "person" in block 206 , half way up in seat 5 ... basicall spoilt our whole family's evening -by standing up and mincing his way through half of the concert - mmmm ... did I mention that he reminded us of Alan Carr ( in more ways than looks ).

I have a bad back ( violins playing) and so I can't stand at concerts -this is why we always choose SEATS ... and usually high up to AVOID the "dancers ". Even if I was ABLE to stand I simply could live with my guilt of spoiling the view of some innocent person behind me.!!

Hi guys, long time member first time post, went last night and it was an amazing show!

I got 2 full songs on vid

[

Thanks for that video !!

I missed it on Thursday because some thoughtless , Alan Carr wanabee , was mincing his night away - directly in front of our family . He was in block 206 , half way up in seat no 5 !

You know who you are - HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME !!!

Don't suppose you paid any thoughts for the poor souls who were SAT behind you and who paid a lot of money to SIT !??

Don't suppose you ASKED the people behind you if minded you dancing in front of them ?

Just wondering what goes through the minds of people like yourself BEFORE you decide to BLOCK the view of at least 3 or 4 people SAT behind you - not to mention all the rows of people further behind you , who get to see some thoughtless person's backside jiggling about , rather than see their beloved COLDPLAY !!

Do you realise how distracting it is when just ONE "person" ( see how restrained I am ) is dancing around in the field of view of about 40 other fans !!??

I may sound a bit "tetchy" but that is because some small minded "person" in block 206 , half way up in seat 5 ... basicall spoilt our whole family's evening -by standing up and mincing his way through half of the concert - mmmm ... did I mention that he reminded us of Alan Carr ( in more ways than looks ).

I have a bad back ( violins playing) and so I can't stand at concerts -this is why we always choose SEATS ... and usually high up to AVOID the "dancers ". Even if I was ABLE to stand I simply could live with my guilt of spoiling the view of some innocent person behind me.!!

More often than not people stand because those in front of them have stood and they can't see. There are of course exceptions, like this time - the only thing you could have done is asked if they would mind sitting down.

Personally I'll stand up if others around me are and even then it is only to see and have a good time, not to detriment the view of those behind. The only positive with me standing up is that I'm only 5ft3 so chances are I won't block many peoples view anyway.