✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

23-Dec-08 - Belfast, Odyssey Arena - Meetups, Review/Photos (originally 18 Dec)

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good stuff JPB!!!

Happy indeed! I'd stand in a doorway as long as I got to hear them properly live :laugh4:

I know exactly how you feel! Wow this is just freakin awesome! I don't know which I'm more excited about: June 12th or December 19th. I can't wait for either:lol:

I know exactly how you feel! Wow this is just freakin awesome! I don't know which I'm more excited about: June 12th or December 19th. I can't wait for either:lol:

party-smiley-027.gif same here!!

and i just saw the itunes advertisement for Viva La Vida on tv ... my Dad was talking to me and I was like ... "SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" :laugh4:

I think this occasion calls for > party-smiley-017.gif

we had similar seats to that for take that. was kind of cool because we were on the dividing line between the front & back stage. so we could mostly see what was happening on the stage but could also see some backstage too. we saw take that hanging out in their dressing gowns before they went on :D

Wow, it's been so long since I've posted here that I'm amazed that my account is still active. But, it's good to be back. Time to make up for lost time with a lengthy post!

Good news first - I got tickets! Yay!

The bad news - floor seating, row 52. (Not really bad news, and I'm not going to complain about this - better to be there than not, especially as I missed out completely on the Odyssey instant sellout in 2005.)

Minor complaint time - I wish the 2nd show would've been advertised upfront and not just added without warning. After logging on and refreshing constantly from 9am onwards, Ticketmaster started showing no tickets available at all from 9.05am onwards. But, I persisted as small numbers of tickets usually show up again (if people don't complete orders on time etc). So, after a bit of persistence, it was with great relief that two floor seats became available. It didn't matter that they were at the very back - they were on offer, so I grabbed them. About £94 for two tickets is a lot of money, but since I've never seen Coldplay live before, I was a happy man. Until...I went back to the main Ticketmaster page, and noticed that another show had been stealthily added. Out of curiosity, I checked and could've got row 24! Oh well, since I couldn't afford to go to another concert, I let them go with some regret. Just a minor gripe though. I'm delighted to be going at all, and I don't care that it's an all seated concert. I'm sure there's plenty of people who missed out. A few questions and observations though:

- Obviously the 18th Dec show must be sold out, but is anything still available for the 19th? A friend of mine got tickets at 11am from Wonderland Promotions, and apparently Ticketmaster were showing sold out at that stage.

- Where did all the good seats go, and how did they go so quickly? (To scalpers and 'agencies' presumably. I can't check eBay at work, but I guess there's plenty there already.) For the 2005 Belfast show, I remember that a significant chunk of the tickets seemed to go in the presale, which meant that the allocation for the general sale was already pretty small, and so sold out almost instantly. But there was no presale today, so did anyone get lucky and get near the front?

Good post Belfast Boy....

good to see you back!

I agree about the craftiness of adding the second date... my friend and I wanted two tickets and the first ones he was offered at about 9:02 were West tier, near the middle. We just bought them and were happy enough but then discovered the second gig and I ended up buying two more, near the front of the South (side) tier, which are much better than the West so hopefully my friend will get his sold...

:rolleyes:

anyhoo

can't wait to see them!

bet you're relieved after missing out on 2005 - it was amazing, and this one promises to be 100% better with another new album behind them :D

Hi Hayley. Good news about your tickets. Wish I could go to both shows but am delighted to be going to one. Based on demand, I think that Coldplay could certainly play larger / outdoor venues if they wanted to, so it'll be great to see them in an indoor arena so close to home!

There seems to be a lot of complaining on this board today, but like I said, I don't give a damn that it's an all-seated show. I don't think I'll be sitting down much anyway.

Another complaining thread has appeared in the Live forum too - why, for God's sake? I prefer to sit, others prefer to stand - both are entitled to their opinions. But, for whatever reason, the UK tour is all-seated, and that's an inescapable fact! Yes, the tickets are getting more expensive, but aren't bad for a band of Coldplay's calibre. For example, U2 will almost certainly be touring in 2009, and the cheapest ticket for any of their shows is unlikely to be less than £60 the way things are going. Don't even start me about Madonna...

Bottom line - if you want to see Coldplay live in the UK this year, then just buy a ticket and quit whining. The worst seat in any venue is always better than not being there at all. The thing is, the way the shows are selling out, those who want to take a principled stand are clearly in the minority.

Another complaining thread has appeared in the Live forum too - why, for God's sake? I prefer to sit, others prefer to stand - both are entitled to their opinions. But, for whatever reason, the UK tour is all-seated, and that's an inescapable fact! Yes, the tickets are getting more expensive, but aren't bad for a band of Coldplay's calibre. For example, U2 will almost certainly be touring in 2009, and the cheapest ticket for any of their shows is unlikely to be less than £60 the way things are going. Don't even start me about Madonna...

Bottom line - if you want to see Coldplay live in the UK this year, then just buy a ticket and quit whining. The worst seat in any venue is always better than not being there at all. The thing is, the way the shows are selling out, those who want to take a principled stand are clearly in the minority.

I LOVE you

I feel like I am fighting a losing battle here today :laugh4:

What the bloody hell is happening?!

and as for YOU CP678... hooray!!! :D:D:D:D

Hi Belfast Boy - did it say G FLOOR on your ticket confirmation or something else? Mine says that - was just curious if it stood for Ground Floor or else Block G Floor

Neil

Wow, it's been so long since I've posted here that I'm amazed that my account is still active. But, it's good to be back. Time to make up for lost time with a lengthy post!

Good news first - I got tickets! Yay!

The bad news - floor seating, row 52. (Not really bad news, and I'm not going to complain about this - better to be there than not, especially as I missed out completely on the Odyssey instant sellout in 2005.)

Minor complaint time - I wish the 2nd show would've been advertised upfront and not just added without warning. After logging on and refreshing constantly from 9am onwards, Ticketmaster started showing no tickets available at all from 9.05am onwards. But, I persisted as small numbers of tickets usually show up again (if people don't complete orders on time etc). So, after a bit of persistence, it was with great relief that two floor seats became available. It didn't matter that they were at the very back - they were on offer, so I grabbed them. About £94 for two tickets is a lot of money, but since I've never seen Coldplay live before, I was a happy man. Until...I went back to the main Ticketmaster page, and noticed that another show had been stealthily added. Out of curiosity, I checked and could've got row 24! Oh well, since I couldn't afford to go to another concert, I let them go with some regret. Just a minor gripe though. I'm delighted to be going at all, and I don't care that it's an all seated concert. I'm sure there's plenty of people who missed out. A few questions and observations though:

- Obviously the 18th Dec show must be sold out, but is anything still available for the 19th? A friend of mine got tickets at 11am from Wonderland Promotions, and apparently Ticketmaster were showing sold out at that stage.

- Where did all the good seats go, and how did they go so quickly? (To scalpers and 'agencies' presumably. I can't check eBay at work, but I guess there's plenty there already.) For the 2005 Belfast show, I remember that a significant chunk of the tickets seemed to go in the presale, which meant that the allocation for the general sale was already pretty small, and so sold out almost instantly. But there was no presale today, so did anyone get lucky and get near the front?

Belfast Boy - I think i've been around row 52 before and it's not as bad as it sounds actually!

Wonder if i'll get to see anything interesting backstage though?! Probs not!

Good thing is, we don't have to queue early to get a good place at the front!

Belfast Boy - I think i've been around row 52 before and it's not as bad as it sounds actually!

Wonder if i'll get to see anything interesting backstage though?! Probs not!

Good thing is, we don't have to queue early to get a good place at the front!

yeah it's a good job that................

'twill be freezing that time o year :laugh4: