✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

23-Dec-08 - Belfast, Odyssey Arena - Meetups, Review/Photos (originally 18 Dec)

close-up Guy pics in normal clothes with her you mean ? :wideeyed:

and video of song never performed live of course :P prospekt's march, anyone ?

:uhoh:

seats seats seats.

coldplay should never do all-seated shows again. i thought it was hilarious when chris was full flight mid-song and then right next to him 2 latecomers come along with there beers and take their seats right beside him on the catwalk. also everyone seated during the first couple of tracks..somthing i was worried would happen and was embarrassing really..

that aside, a fun show..LIT2 was my fave and the C stage idea is amazing, worked really well i thought.

I so agree with you, two stupid guys ruined the entrance arriving right in front of me saying they had the seats where other people were standing, they even called some girl from the security and I was going mad, wtf, get inside before the band starts to play..then I had this stupid guy behind me who told me to sit down during Violet Hill, but there was no way I was going to stay seated, other people on the floor were standing, he could as well go **** off, he even tried to tell a security guy, who I guess told him he couldn't do anything to me, and few seconds later Chris told the audience there was no need to stay seated, take that stupid man :angry:

thats the retarded eventsec guy who stopped me from recording videos, then when i had my iphone out he goes ARE YOU RECORDING I TOLD YOU NOT TOO.

Seriously what was it too him if i was recording videos etc, not like he's in the band, glorified security man

It seems security at the Odissey was all the same then, I tried to get closer to the b-stage, staying were the security was stopping people to get further, and I asked one of them if I could just stay there to have a better spot and she kept telling me to go back to my seat, while other people kept coming from the back, what was wrong with her I don't know, I was not screaming or doing strange things, my seat was just two rows back from where they were standing..but I managed to get decent pics and full The Hardest Part+Postcards from away :)

and surprises to come after Christmas for this show too

Phil included

:P

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if anyonehad told me to sit down i know what i wouldve said to them haha, i was on my feet from the classical music on both nights until i got back to the car :D

got a set list from the first gig and on the 2nd night i got the revised time sheet haha, they had a chartered play back to london for 3am.

But the fat security man really needed to chill out, told me to step back a few times haha and that i was blocking his line of sight.

Bet he was raging when i got a hi-five from chris martin haha plus he kept on looking at me and guffs electronic devices

Sort of, the oxfam stall was the meeting point for me and my friends since we were never sitting all together :D

Ok I'm finding one of the few good pics as a present for Christmas

edit: not too god, a bit blurry, but you get how good a seat I had

img3719pz8.jpg

img3722wh2.jpg

Those are some nice pictures, thanks for sharing :)

I think the no filming/picturing rule is really pointless. Let people make a hard copy of their memories, what's the big deal?

Sorry to hear that people got hassle from over-zealous security. Unfortunately the Odyssey staff have a reputation for being rather killjoyish (is that a word?), but I personally had no problems with recording. Maybe it was because I was in row 52 rather than up at the front, but everyone in my area was filming away without any problems whatsoever. Indeed, I was very pleased to get the following songs in pretty much complete form:

In My Place

Fix You

Clocks

Viva La Vida

Lost

Death Will Never Conquer-Green Eyes-Jingle Bells

Lovers In Japan

The Scientist

Life In Technicolor II

If I had any way of posting these, I would, but the files are very large (smallest 78mb, largest is 600mb, 2.35gb in total) - glad I invested in a new memory card before the show!

Anyway, I really enjoyed my first Coldplay concert. It was a great experience, the band were really loose and up for it, and I was very impressed. As an added bonus, I was especially thrilled to hear LIT II. Hopefully there'll still be tickets available for Phoenix Park whenever my credit card clears in a few days!

Ok so, I won't go on about the trip from dublin to belfast and the time spent in the city center.

We arrived at the Odyssey at 5 more or less, so I was sure they were already inside. Went to the box office to collect my ticket then we went around the venue to see were each numbered entrance was (when in fact the numbered ones were once already inside the venue :laugh3:). We passed some gates, and at the last one we found three people there waiting..something suspicious was going on, they looked at us, we looked at them, we knew they were waiting for the band, it was too obvious.

After not so much time someone from the security came at the gate, they were talking through some device, prolly with the band's van driver and we caught "they're arriving":D

We didn't have to wait too much, their vans arrived and we showed them the banners.

Now I tought they were going to close the gates and we would see them far gettin off and run into some door in the arena..but I was wrong.

They stopped right there at the entrance.

The first one to get off was Jonny, he seemed happy to see some people waiting for them and was all smiles, took a pic with me, signed some stuff the other gave to him and then went inside a door :nice:

At that point my neurons were not working too well :laugh3::laugh3:

My friend called my name and I turned to see Guy coming over, I didn't faint, not screamed, don't worry, I never do it when something like this happens, I was just happy to finally meet him. He was smiling as well, he got I was the one with the CoW banner, I asked if they were ever gonna play it and he said "we don't even remember how to play it"..mean Chris, he was joking then :angry:

Anyway, in that moment I couldn't care less..we took a pic and my friend did the same then the other three people asked him for an autograph and then we talked to Will, who was so nice to ask us where we were coming from and thanked for "coming all the way" too see them.

They were all so great, but unfortunately were a bit in a hurry, so we didn't have much time to chat with them.

Just when they were going I saw Phil and called him, he asked where we already met, and I pointed out it was the day before in Dublin, and then he remembered and laughed :lol:

Phil if you're reading, thank you :)

I don't have anything signed, tough I had brought some cd covers with me, but I really could have not asked for more: Coldplay love ya all, I don't know if I was super lucky, but I'm more prone to think it's just them who are super nice with fans :nice:

Oh and also many thanks to the woman from their security for letting us meet them.

Ok pics..I cut myself off because I look shit..they're all much better to look at, a gorgeous band that is :wink:

jonnygn6.jpgguybh3.jpgwillkv7.jpgphilnq4.jpg

Ok so, I won't go on about the trip from dublin to belfast and the time spent in the city center.

We arrived at the Odyssey at 5 more or less, so I was sure they were already inside. Went to the box office to collect my ticket then we went around the venue to see were each numbered entrance was (when in fact the numbered ones were once already inside the venue :laugh3:). We passed some gates, and at the last one we found three people there waiting..something suspicious was going on, they looked at us, we looked at them, we knew they were waiting for the band, it was too obvious.

After not so much time someone from the security came at the gate, they were talking through some device, prolly with the band's van driver and we caught "they're arriving":D

We didn't have to wait too much, their vans arrived and we showed them the banners.

Now I tought they were going to close the gates and we would see them far gettin off and run into some door in the arena..but I was wrong.

They stopped right there at the entrance.

The first one to get off was Jonny, he seemed happy to see some people waiting for them and was all smiles, took a pic with me, signed some stuff the other gave to him and then went inside a door :nice:

At that point my neurons were not working too well :laugh3::laugh3:

My friend called my name and I turned to see Guy coming over, I didn't faint, not screamed, don't worry, I never do it when something like this happens, I was just happy to finally meet him. He was smiling as well, he got I was the one with the CoW banner, I asked if they were ever gonna play it and he said "we don't even remember how to play it"..mean Chris, he was joking then :angry:

Anyway, in that moment I couldn't care less..we took a pic and my friend did the same then the other three people asked him for an autograph and then we talked to Will, who was so nice to ask us where we were coming from and thanked for "coming all the way" too see them.

They were all so great, but unfortunately were a bit in a hurry, so we didn't have much time to chat with them.

Just when they were going I saw Phil and called him, he asked where we already met, and I pointed out it was the day before in Dublin, and then he remembered and laughed :lol:

Phil if you're reading, thank you :)

I don't have anything signed, tough I had brought some cd covers with me, but I really could have not asked for more: Coldplay love ya all, I don't know if I was super lucky, but I'm more prone to think it's just them who are super nice with fans :nice:

Oh and also many thanks to the woman from their security for letting us meet them.

Ok pics..I cut myself off because I look shit..they're all much better to look at, a gorgeous band that is :wink:

jonnygn6.jpgguybh3.jpgwillkv7.jpgphilnq4.jpg

OMFG!!!!!!!!! :shocked2:

That's soooo awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigcry:

They all look so pretty and happy and all smiles!!!!

Your story is amazing!!!!!

Congrats!!!!!! :D

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Ps. You should post that in the Phil thread!!!! :D

okay would it be weird if I asked you to post the entire pic of you and guy?

or PM it to me if you must... not that I don't believe you.. i just want to see the whole thing... i can't explain it but PLEASEEE :dance:

OMG Denise you lucky duck! best xmas present EVER

edit... they came in so late because they stayed up late the night before? :inquisitive:

Do you want to see him better? because my friend took the pic really close, it's just his and my heads, there's not else to be seen, I was going to post the one I took of him with my friend, because it's much much better, but I need to ask for her permission first :)

I know, those three days were the best Xmas present of my entire life :nice:

Well they didn't arrive too late, it was around 5.30pm, they probably just did a quick soundchek not a full one

edit: here it is

guyfefevk6.jpg

Do you want to see him better? because my friend took the pic really close, it's just his and my heads, there's not else to be seen, I was going to post the one I took of him with my friend, because it's much much better, but I need to ask for her permission first :)

I know, those three days were the best Xmas present of my entire life :nice:

Well they didn't arrive too late, it was around 5.30pm, they probably just did a quick soundchek not a full one

edit: here it is

guyfefevk6.jpg

Dies of jealousy!! ahhhh Guy huggin!! you girls are so friggin lucky :D

I'm sticking with you at wembley :D but I guess we were already set to be frontrow buds anyways :lol:

seriously Denise... how did you keep this a secret so long?! I'm truly happy for you and your friends :D