✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

23-Dec-08 - Belfast, Odyssey Arena - Meetups, Review/Photos (originally 18 Dec)

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tickets £42.50 and £46.50...info from odyssey website!

interesting!!!!!!

expensive...

but so worth the hard earned cash!! *woohoo*

i'm been so nervous all day - especially when i woke up thismorning and thought it was friday and that i'd slept in :dizzy:

:laugh4:

(I posted this on page one :P arrrrrgghhhh sorry for being pernickity (is that how you spell it? :thinking:) Thanks for postin' it again though - keeps non-1st page peeps up to date-that was probably your plan though.... :laugh4: )

ANYHOO..I agree about the Odyssey front page!! Cheered me up immensely :D

Oh and people - I phoned the Box Office today... you can phone 'em from 9am on Friday morning (cos it says 10am on the site....yet another option! :idea2:

AS long as I get a ticket I don't care how you all try :P :smug:

wasn't sure if it was same as couldn't see the 6 ticket limit on the one you posted. could have been bline though as was supposedly working at the same time :D

damn fully seated :(

Why damn?I think this is better, cos at the 2005 gig I was standing beside some right tools and they almost ruined the show for me. At least sitting you might actually see the stage and the band - that's if we manage to get sitting down on the floor!!

I REALLY HOPE I GET SEATS ON THE FLOOR!!! :surprised:

Seats as in chairs... :smug:

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Ok, perhaps a slight over reaction, but its fully seated! WHAT THE HELL! At least if you are standing you have some chance of getting a leasst a tiny weeny little bit close, this way its gna b like, get in, sit down and shut up. (again perhaps slight over-reaction, i am prone to hyperbole, but still.) Im disappointed...

Ahhh don't be disappointed!! :(

I really think this is a good move.... :nice:

At the last gig people were standing for too long and ended up with the usual "let's throw water and beer over the crowd".... it made me soooo mad....

Also, because I'm only about 5" I never get a good view of bands - the only way I saw anything of the Manics when they were in the Waterfront was cos Nicky Wire stood on an amp for like 3 seconds hahah...

This way everyone gets a chance to have a decent view one of this best gigs in history - I will guarantee it :D

All seated???!?!?! what the hell!??!

does anyone know which seats are which price?! its not tiered on the floor so if ppl stand up in front of u, ur screwd!! this is so crap!!

If you check out this thread, the numerous links for the Odyssey and ticketmaster which have been posted you will find the prices .. I'd say seats on the ground are more expensive than up on the sides... :)

And people standing in front of you in seating concerts is no different than people standing in front of you at proper standing gigs :inquisitive:

Yeah the beer and stuff is really unpleasant but its nearly worth it to be able to get up close.

I just think this way is such a lottery, as lil burt said, thanks to the geniuses at the odyssey the floor isnt tiered and the last thing i want is to sit for however long lookin at the back of someones head.

And i think you have a better atmosphere when you are standing, ok so there are sometimes some rowdy people but if the security is decent that shouldnt be a problem and u can have a bit of a dance.

This is just really unnecessary.

*cliche alert...*

I respect what you are all saying, but there is, after all, only a limited number of people who can actually get up close - if you are lucky enough to get anywhere near the front then you're usually pushed and shoved throughout - for people lacking in the height department like myself I agree that yes, there is often a better atmosphere standing, but personally I think seating is better so that everyone gets a fair deal. The Odyssey stage is pretty high so I think the chances of staring at someone's head are pretty slim, and also - we seem to be forgetting that Coldplay are coming to Belfast and not Dublin, so if you're going to complain about seating leave the tickets for people who will see their favourite band no matter what, or else look at the bigger picture and thank yourselves lucky that they didn't choose Dublin instead.

Well ok fair enough the height thing may be an issue for some people and there are some benefits to seating.

Personally i had planned on attending both dublin and belfast, as i did on the last tour, and im sure a dublin date will be announced at some stage. They arent doing me some special favour, i feel im paying more than enough to see them and thus to have an opinion on the matter and i feel no inclination to "leave the tickets" for more placid coldplay fans.

Im just a bit disappointed with it, thats all.

I too respect what ur saying.... and of course im still going to see them- my favourite band- im simply making the point that we should have the option of standing- i would happily put up with beer and water and shoving to be at the front- thats wer i was last time and it was amazing. No way will i 'leave the tickets'....

I too respect what ur saying.... and of course im still going to see them- my favourite band- im simply making the point that we should have the option of standing- i would happily put up with beer and water and shoving to be at the front- thats wer i was last time and it was amazing. No way will i 'leave the tickets'....

Oh for goodness sake.

By saying leave the tickets I simply meant this:

You are complaining about sitting - This is the only option and there's not a hell of a lot we can do about it I'm afraid.

Yes - you're 110% entitled to your opinions, as I am, so I'm just saying GET OVER IT and sit on your asses :laugh4: - Although once the gig gets going... I'm sure noone will be sitting anyway :)

this is awful news, i was really looking forward to getting my tickets, but now i will not bother. ive been to 6 coldplay gigs and if i wanted to sit in a chair and listen to coldplay i could do that in my living room. the great thing about concerts is that there is freedom to bounce about to songs, sing your wee heart out for 2 hours, its not about been restricted to sitting in your seat and not been able to move in case of offending other ticketholders.

tell me this, when politik comes on will you all stay in your seat, with no emotion or willingness to jump about at all? maybe im on my own, but i think this is awful news, and the worst thing is that there isnt a coldplay gig in dublin to go to instead! looks like im going to london or berlin or paris for a coldplay gig, just because some ticketholders (i can hardly call them real fans can i?) that buy one album a year want to sit in peace and listen to coldplay.

maybe coldplay are a band that have evolved into a radio2 middle of the road band not wanting to offend anyone especially the people that go to one gig a year and this will be it.

i heard that eejit frank mitchell the weatherman talking on UTV today about the last coldplay gig in belfast and he was at it and he talked about what a great show it was. this is the perfect example of the kind of people that will go to the gig and want to sit down. all these things have me thinking, why do i like coldplay? they arent even a band anymore theyre a brand, rock music for 50year old dads radio2 listeners that want to be cool.

floor seats? maybe the ticketholders can bring along a picnic basket with strawberries, a bottle of champagne, some french cheese and some wholemeal crackers(all the above items bought at marks and spencers of course) and why not bring along the flask of hot vegetable broth from the tesco finest range.

floor seats? thats so rock and roll. enjoy your gig people, come the 18th december i will be sitting in my living room chair with viva la vida on the ipod, and it wont cost a thing and craic will be 90.

"VIVA LA VIDA"? floor seats? now thats really living life to the max!

seems like the atmosphere at that gig will be "DEATH AND ALL HIS FRIENDS"

WOOO i got tickets too :D :D :D For da 18th. Had to reply on my mum getting them though. I got east upper tier. Please tell me thats good seats!!! Disappointed there's no standing though :(

Where's everyone else sitting?!