✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay To Perform "Viva La Vida" @MTV Movie Awards

IneedYou23

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure they'll be playing it at the Today show, and if we're lucky, on Jimmy Kimmel Live. I'm quite eager to see them thrashing that song out live too.

Yeah but songs on Jimmy Kimmel are usually not the entire song, just a bit before a commercial break. Last time they played Clocks and about half of Yellow before they were cut off.

Is Gwyneth attending the awards too?

Can't wait to hear VLV Live!!! I am pretty sure they will have a full orchestra for it!!!

They did have a full orchestra when they played Politik at the Grammy's in 03, so I wouldnt be surprised.

Guest LiquidSky

I can't believe it's already happening and June 1 is just around the corner. I can't wait to hear the winners for MSG on June 5.... AHHHHH!! I hope I win!

Violet Hill will be sick live.

I can see Jonny's slick solo now....

He'll be like this:

:guitarist:

Chris'll be like this:

:singer:

Will will be like this:

:drummer:

I will be like this:

:dance:

And Guy will be like this:

:greedy: (cuz we all know he's only in it for the money)

:D

Guest LiquidSky
I really hope to win MSG tickets also!!!

cheers!!!

Good luck! Pray for me! :nice:

This just came in: (Tonight's Rehearsal Review)

Meanwhile, the evening's other act, Coldplay, entered the Gibson (cutting quite the unassuming figure for a band that have sold more than 30 million albums worldwide, we might add) and caught the last few minutes of the Dolls' rehearsal. Amazed — and half-joking, we assume — frontman Chris Martin turned to a sea of producers and laughed, "Now I see: You booked us for eye candy."

Fast-forward roughly an hour (rehearsals go very slowly), and Coldplay are standing in the middle of the Gibson stage, a constant wash of stagehands flowing around them, moving amps, setting lights and testing a massive video screen. Perhaps a bit bored (or maybe because he was so impressed by what he saw earlier), Martin wandered over to a keyboard and began plinking out the opening notes toPCD's hit "Don't Cha," then proceeded to warble out the song's hook — "Don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me" — to the amazement of pretty much everyone.

A bit later (again, things move slowly), everything was set, and Coldplay launched into "Viva La Vida" — the title track from their new album, which hits stores June 17. Above a massive din of strings, bells and timpani drums, Martin sang about dead kings and failed dreams, skipping about while a Steadicam spun around him. The sheer size of the tune — it's joyously massive, really — was only amplified by the near-empty amphitheater, and as the final notes bounced around the seats and up into the rafters, Martin and the rest of his band stood once again in the middle of the stage, looking a bit shocked.

Sunday's show will be the first time they'll play "Viva" live, and you get the feeling that even they were amazed by just how big it sounded.

But then, just as soon as the moment was over, the stage was filled once again with producers and lighting techs, and the whole circus started up again. Sure, that was great, but let's do it again. And again. After all, it's gotta be perfect.

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1588438/story.jhtml