✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

UK TV - Live on Jonathan Ross Fri June 13th

DefDazz

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think chris is still slighty shaky, but that version of Viva La Vida was the best one yet most defo :D those strings on Viva La Vida are so obviously a backing track tho which still pisses me off abit!

Violet Hill was amazing :D will's snare drum sounded like a shot gun!

ooooo coldplay at bbc advert just been on i'm excited :dance:

I've never liked backing tracks either, but sadly, they're a fact of life nowadays...hopefully they'll have real string players on tour...how sweet would that be?

ha they just advertised coldplay on the bbc on wednesday, I CANT WAIT TO SEE THEM LIVE THERE!!! Violet hill sounded amazing, i loved wills extra loud drum, viva la vida sounded great - both were the best versions yet for sure,

Violet Hill was far superior to VLV imho, which is sad because I prefer the studio version of VLV to Violet Hill...It just seemed a bit...lacking in effort? Like Jonny clearly isn't singing the "Woooaaaaahs" at one point, so it's obv they weren't singing live (only Chris was).

i think most of Viva La Vida is not live :cry: those strings are defo not live! Chris, Will and Guy are live, i think jonny is aswell but he's not as loud in the mix. The cool harmony vocal bit at the end is mimed aswell it's obvious. I wish they would step away from this backing track shit.

It was still a good performance of both tracks, best yet!

They didn't just play a strings backing for Vida. Chris vocal recording was played under his actual voice. Shows that he's not that confident on stage yet for this tour..

It was? I'm not worried that he's not there with VLV yet because they DEFINITELY perfected Violet Hill, I want someone to put it up on Youtube now so I can see that again because it was ace.

It was? I'm not worried that he's not there with VLV yet because they DEFINITELY perfected Violet Hill, I want someone to put it up on Youtube now so I can see that again because it was ace.

yeh i so badly want that on my ipod, i knew from the first line that he was back to his old self for that song, really really good

Well its not like they can play those strings AND do everything else.. They have to put it in somehow

get a string section to play live with them!!! they are coldplay one of the biggest bands in the world, they should be able to pull something as simple as that off surely :laugh3:

I need sleep.......................................................

I've had the most mental week at work and I've stayed up way too late each night on this site.

Will sleep well after seeing that great performance. Can't wait for Wednesday!:sleep:

Night, night all. :sleep:

Aye plus, it would cost a helluva lot of money to have strings on the road with them for 18 months.

I'm fine with the string backing tracks as long as it stops there. No vocals or pianos on terry vision please boys.

:laugh3: terry vision :laugh3: that made me chuckle.

I can imagine Viva being even more stunning in an arena full of people singing along, with the magic balls and lights etc.

Will's drums were so amazing in Violet Hill - I'm guessing those gunshot effects were played back too, unless Will's snare has some trigger device inside it :P