✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Cemeteries & The London Bombings...

Feel free to merge if this has already been done, or if you think it should be in the 'Cemeteries' thread. Does anyone else think Chris is writing about the terrorist bombings a couple of years ago?? Again, sorry if this has been posted, but look at the lyrics and the news footage, and you'll see what I mean!! I think he's done the ultimate merging of his personal and political sentiment here...Just me, or what??

well seeing as i'm not a londoner and come from the other side of the world i feel like i dont have right to have this opinion but i really agree with Tracie. I interpret it to be a really dark song but in a subtle sorta way, and i can'treally explain why i think this? But hearing the opinion that it could be about the bombings makes sense to me cause i feel like it's a story telling song and the music is epic and kinda matches the event.

But i really dont know what I'm talking about :p

A really interesting theory! It could very well have been an inspiration imo (maybe even subconsciously) , but the final result sounds a lot further back in history to me. Very early 18th/19th century.

• 2 weeks later...
Feel free to merge if this has already been done, or if you think it should be in the 'Cemeteries' thread. Does anyone else think Chris is writing about the terrorist bombings a couple of years ago?? Again, sorry if this has been posted, but look at the lyrics and the news footage, and you'll see what I mean!! I think he's done the ultimate merging of his personal and political sentiment here...Just me, or what??

Yeah I have to say I was about to post the exact same thing.

Perhaps a gesture to the contrasting power and vulnerability of Britain and its capital London in the 18th/19th centuries, victorian era, and today.

• 8 months later...