✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Why is CSC a hidden track?

So do any of you guys have any idea why they chose to make Chinese Sleep Chant a hidden track? Let alone have it in the middle of the album?

Also, has any of you found a connection between Yes and Chinese sleep chant?

Anyway, I'm glad they decided to make it this way.

yeah i was wondering, cause, i know they have said the whole 2 x 1 price and stuff... but i thought they had done some cool joining of songs.. but one ends and then the other starts, like 2 complete different things..

i normally hate it when bands do this. mainly because one of the songs i think is good and the other is shit.

all of the ones on this album are great so i dont mind listening to both and somehow it just fits with the album.

although i do find it a little bit annoying that if you want to listen to a particular track you have to wizz through one of them. it just would of been more convienent to have them seperate.

but it does work. lol :D

• 8 months later...

I like the Buy two, Pay for one concept :D I think Chinese Sleep Chant is a hidden track because it is not a fully developed song. It sounds more like Coldplay experimenting with new sounds and Chris going off with some weird repetitive lyrics. I personally love it. It is very hypnotic!

• 8 months later...
I like the Buy two, Pay for one concept :D I think Chinese Sleep Chant is a hidden track because it is not a fully developed song. It sounds more like Coldplay experimenting with new sounds and Chris going off with some weird repetitive lyrics. I personally love it. It is very hypnotic!

You are fully right! CSC is hidden song because it not quite befits under conception of album.

• 1 month later...
I might be wrong, but I think I read somewhere that Chris said there are conjoined songs on VLV to encourage people to listen to the whole album, and not just skip through to particular songs.

:\

Listeners should be able to listen to the album how they want - I don't like Chinese Sleep Chant but love Yes and so always skip CSC now.

It's important to see albums as cohesive pieces of work but if you find a track unbearable/dislike it you shouldn't have to sit through it if you don't want to.

On itunes,

Add the song to the library again so you have 2 copies of yes.

Then click on the first one and go to "get info"

there click on the Options tab,

and enter 4:04 in the ending time.

And then on the second track,

go to the options on get info

and put 4:05 in the starting time.

Name that one CSC. :D

On itunes,

Add the song to the library again so you have 2 copies of yes.

Then click on the first one and go to "get info"

there click on the Options tab,

and enter 4:04 in the ending time.

And then on the second track,

go to the options on get info

and put 4:05 in the starting time.

Name that one CSC. :D

Genius!

Except, I'm not sure I can do it...

Just realised I only have VLV on iTunes. How annoying. I might have to download it again elsewhere.