✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ten Things You Never Knew About Chris Martin (or probably did if you're a Coldplayer)

busybeeburns

160x120_starsnaps_chrismartin.jpg

Chris Martin has rarely been out of the news this week. If he isn't walking out of interviews and fending off accusations of plagiarism, he's confessing to dreaming about Westlife and celebrating as Coldplay's fourth album goes platinum in just three days. And all this without a mention of famous wife Gwyneth Paltrow and their wackily-named offspring Apple and Moses. As he continues to make headlines at every turn, it's high time we found out more about rock's most clean-living star.

1. Chris formed first group The Rocking Honkies with school pal James at the tender age of 11.

2. At the time he met bandmate Jonny Buckland at University College London, Chris was thinking about forming an 'NSync-style boyband by the name of Pectoral.

3. Chris thought he might be gay when he was growing up. He recalls: "It was more like, ‘What if?’, because I was brought up to think it was wrong. But then it struck me: Who cares? And then it wasn’t a problem." He admits that he eventually realised he was heterosexual after being "swayed by boobs".

4. Chris was a huge fan of '80s band A-ha, especially lead singer Morten Harket. He says: "It was the way [he] used to have different things on his wrists. I do it myself, still. He is the most disarming and beautiful man you'll ever meet."

5. What is Chris's favourite song? That'll be 'Bittersweet Symphony' by The Verve. He also thinks the band's frontman Richard Ashcroft is the best singer of all time.

6. Teetotal Chris forced himself to drink until he threw up as penance for briefly kicking drummer Will Champion out of the band while they were recording their first album.

7. Chris may "hate Heat magazine with a passion", but that doesn't stop him taking a sneaky peek in the dentist's office. He admits: "I hate that side of me that likes to ogle because I know what it's like to be ogled."

8. Chris has no plans to quit Coldplay anytime soon. He says: "Without the band, I know full well I would be playing Elton John standards on a cruise ship."

9. Chris's good pal Simon Pegg is one of the godfathers of his son Moses.

10. Chris defends his famously clean-living lifestyle by arguing that rock stardom brings great responsibility. "It's not about dressing up in leather and trashing hotel rooms and snorting coke off the back of a hooker," he insists. "It's about independence of mind and spirit." Mmm, we're not sure Keith Richards would agree!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a101056/ten-things-you-never-knew-about-chris-martin.html

I knew most of it, but still some interesting bits :nice:

7. Chris may "hate Heat magazine with a passion", but that doesn't stop him taking a sneaky peek in the dentist's office. He admits: "I hate that side of me that likes to ogle because I know what it's like to be ogled."

I can see why the Perv Unit exists, because the lead singer is a perv himself :laugh3: naughty Chrissy

I knew most of it, but still some interesting bits :nice:

I can see why the Perv Unit exists, because the lead singer is a perv himself :laugh3: naughty Chrissy

I knew it!!

I bet he's looking at this forum right now, that PERVY MAN! :angry:

:charming:

10 things they say we dont know about chris but we do

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a101056/ten-things-you-never-knew-about-chris-martin.html

Chris Martin has rarely been out of the news this week. If he isn't walking out of interviews and fending off accusations of plagiarism, he's confessing to dreaming about Westlife and celebrating as Coldplay's fourth album goes platinum in just three days. And all this without a mention of famous wife Gwyneth Paltrow and their wackily-named offspring Apple and Moses. As he continues to make headlines at every turn, it's high time we found out more about rock's most clean-living star.

1. Chris formed first group The Rocking Honkies with school pal James at the tender age of 11.

2. At the time he met bandmate Jonny Buckland at University College London, Chris was thinking about forming an 'NSync-style boyband by the name of Pectoral.

3. Chris thought he might be gay when he was growing up. He recalls: "It was more like, ‘What if?’, because I was brought up to think it was wrong. But then it struck me: Who cares? And then it wasn’t a problem." He admits that he eventually realised he was heterosexual after being "swayed by boobs".

4. Chris was a huge fan of '80s band A-ha, especially lead singer Morten Harket. He says: "It was the way [he] used to have different things on his wrists. I do it myself, still. He is the most disarming and beautiful man you'll ever meet."

5. What is Chris's favourite song? That'll be 'Bittersweet Symphony' by The Verve. He also thinks the band's frontman Richard Ashcroft is the best singer of all time.

6. Teetotal Chris forced himself to drink until he threw up as penance for briefly kicking drummer Will Champion out of the band while they were recording their first album.

8. Chris has no plans to quit Coldplay anytime soon. He says: "Without the band, I know full well I would be playing Elton John standards on a cruise ship."

9. Chris's good pal Simon Pegg is one of the godfathers of his son Moses.

10. Chris defends his famously clean-living lifestyle by arguing that rock stardom brings great responsibility. "It's not about dressing up in leather and trashing hotel rooms and snorting coke off the back of a hooker," he insists. "It's about independence of mind and spirit." Mmm, we're not sure Keith Richards would agree

That was easy

[url=http://www.easytoplease.net/interviews.php?page=qaugust][/url]

"Things were going wrong in the studio and I told Will it was his fault," says Martin. "He'd be out of time once and I'd be telling him he was shit."

Champion walked out.

"It was an awful time. For a week Coldplay didn't exist," continues Martin. "And it was all my fault. I thought to myself, You fucking twat. I was so nervous of us fucking up our chance I'd become obsessed with whether we were a technically good band or not. I apologised, but I felt I had to pay, so I got drunk."

In a strange act of penance, Martin forced himself to drink beer, then vodka and Ribena at Berryman's flat. Berryman left him alone to go and meet his girlfriend, and returned to find Martin begging for mercy in his toilet.

"He's not been drunk since," says Berryman. "Chris brings quite enough spice to our lives without alcohol being involved. When his energy is up he's brilliant. Creatively he's great. But when his energy is down, it makes things tough. That was a horrible time which I could never go through again."

http://www.easytoplease.net/interviews.php?page=qaugust

chris and I have the same favorite song!! :blush:

2. At the time he met bandmate Jonny Buckland at University College London' date=' Chris was thinking about forming an 'NSync-style boyband by the name of Pectoral.[/quote']LMAO *imagines jonny dancing n'sync style*

:stunned: