✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What is a strawberry swing?

Dorle

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think “Strawberry” because almost all people, except for probably diabetics, love strawberry and besides it personifies love, romantic and all that...;)

Certainly Chris could name a song Pizza’s Swing, and it would please many fans, because the bigger half of people love pizza the same way and its no less romantic what strawberry. But however a strawberry is loved by plenty of people and ... I don’t see output here

:uhoh2:

• 2 months later...
I think “Strawberry” because almost all people, except for probably diabetics, love strawberry and besides it personifies love, romantic and all that...;)

Certainly Chris could name a song Pizza’s Swing, and it would please many fans, because the bigger half of people love pizza the same way and its no less romantic what strawberry. But however a strawberry is loved by plenty of people and ... I don’t see output here

:uhoh2:

Ehhhrm :\

• 7 months later...
Reminds me of stopping to appreciate a beautiful day and/or make everyday interesting. In some interview or article with Chris Martin I remember him talking about how he likes to make every day amazing. As a whole, the song perplexes me, but I can't help feeling amazing with the "afro-pop" guitar and upbeat mood.

I also feel the same way. :):)

• 7 months later...

Strawberry Swing

I think Strawberry Swing means different things to different people, whenever I hear it, it reminds of a holiday I went on to Greece, because it was so laid back and calm.

They were sitting, they were sitting in the strawberry swing: Chilling together

Every moment was so precious: Laughing, having fun, chatting

Stuch

• 1 month later...

I expect Strawberry Swing to be a song that started with the title. Rather like Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall, Hurts Like Heaven, A Rush of Blood to the Head, 42... Of course, I don't know if any of these songs actually did start with the title (apart from 42), but they're all wonderful phrases that must've come to mind before the rest of the lyrics.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Could there be a connection between that and Strawberry Fields Forever??

Both songs are about childhood, both have the word 'strawberry' in the title, and both are exactly 4:10 long. Yes, very good chance this song is a deliberate tribute to John Lennon and his great song.

There may be more connections, in the same key or whatever. Listen to the two songs back to back and you'll sense a connection. Brilliant.

• 9 months later...