✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What is a strawberry swing?

Dorle

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone has given the title of a blog "Strawberry Swing":

If I might say so myself, my berry-heaven trifle was pure perfection for the taste buds. Berries and vanilla sponge cake and custard and berry sauces and jelly. Perfect combination.

http://themeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com/2008/06/strawberry-swing.html

Apparently this is a Strawberry Swing:

2560417979_21ff62284b.jpg?v=0.jpg

spacer.png

I somehow don't think Coldplay are singing about a cake though... But I may be wrong :P

This looks like an actual Strawberry Swing though:

1023500007_6a1b68ee20.jpg?v=0.jpg

Ok. i see that strawberry swing is a perfect moment. But i dont get the sense of sitting on the strawberry swing or talking under the SS or walking up to SS.:\

They were sitting

They were sitting on the strawberry swing

Every moment was so precious

They were sitting

They were talking under strawberry swing

Everybody was for fighting

Wouldn't wanna waste a thing

Cold, cold water bring me round

Now my feet won't touch the ground

Cold, cold water what ya say?

When it's such…

It's such a perfect day

It's such a perfect day

I remember

We were walking up to strawberry swing

I can't wait until the morning

Wouldn't wanna change a thing

People moving all the time

Inside a perfectly straight line

Don't you wanna curve away?

When it's such…

It's such a perfect day

It's such a perfect day

Now the sky could be blue

I don't mind

Without you it's a waste of time

Could be blue

I don’t mind

Without you it’s a waste of time

Could be blue,

could be grey

without you I’m just miles away

could be blue

I don’t mind

Without you it’s a waste of time 1165912734.jpg

It's a metaphor for the perfect moment with your children, in the park on a bright summer's day, and it's beautiful :)

Agreed! It just gives me the feeling that the four of them (Chris, Gwyneth; Apple and Moses) were walking in a park on a warm summer's day and they saw a red swing and one of the children said "look at the strawberry swing, daddy" or something like that lol

Reminds me of stopping to appreciate a beautiful day and/or make everyday interesting. In some interview or article with Chris Martin I remember him talking about how he likes to make every day amazing. As a whole, the song perplexes me, but I can't help feeling amazing with the "afro-pop" guitar and upbeat mood.

Mmmmmm i have read all that you've said guys..

but I still can't find a exactly meaning...

i translate all Viva la Vida songs to spanish yesterday.. nad the only one that i couldn't finish was Strawberry Swing.. i mean i can't find it an explication in spanish.. help please!

Mmmmmm i have read all that you've said guys..

but I still can't find a exactly meaning...

i translate all Viva la Vida songs to spanish yesterday.. nad the only one that i couldn't finish was Strawberry Swing.. i mean i can't find it an explication in spanish.. help please!

I don't think we can ever find an exact meaning, all we can do is speculate.

The problem in translating is that we don't know if Strawberry Swing is a particular swing in a park, or the name or nickname of a place (shop, restaurant etc etc).

If it's a real place name like Violet Hill then you wouldn't need to translate it - why not go with that?

^ Because it's not written with capital letters; it couldn't be a place like Violet Hill, which actually exists.

I'm thinking it's an actual swing because the song talks about being sit on a swing, and 'strawberry' sometimes aludes to the colour of the fruit.

^ Because it's not written with capital letters; it couldn't be a place like Violet Hill, which actually exists.

I'm thinking it's an actual swing because the song talks about being sit on a swing, and 'strawberry' sometimes aludes to the colour of the fruit.

Well, it's written on my CD with capital letters...?

And Chris sings 'to Strawberry Swing' (with no 'the') which sounds more like a place name (or nickname) than a description of anything.

I have the lyrics (supposedly the original ones) and it's not written with capitals... if you have the booklet with the lyrics like that then it must be like you say.

The first time it says 'they were sitting on the strawberry swing' but now that you mention, afterwards it is used like a proper name:thinking:

OK, I'm officialy confused

Cold, cold water bring me round

Now my feet won't touch the ground

Cold, cold water what ya say?

For some reason whenever I hear these lines I think of chris lying on the ground being splashed with cold water and waking up being delirious.

For me this is what the song is about. Waking up and realizing that the world can be a beautiful place, especially when your in the company of loved ones.

Just some thoughts....

I don't think we can ever find an exact meaning, all we can do is speculate.

The problem in translating is that we don't know if Strawberry Swing is a particular swing in a park, or the name or nickname of a place (shop, restaurant etc etc).

If it's a real place name like Violet Hill then you wouldn't need to translate it - why not go with that?

yes you're right..

but Is there something (a strawberry swing) where you can walk up to, or sitting on it..?

mmm :thinking:

I have to figure that out!

I MUST! :P

I have the lyrics (supposedly the original ones) and it's not written with capitals... if you have the booklet with the lyrics like that then it must be like you say.

The first time it says 'they were sitting on the strawberry swing' but now that you mention, afterwards it is used like a proper name:thinking:

OK, I'm officialy confused

Where did you get your lyrics from, DeeDee?

If they're from Japan then please trust me, there's nothing official there about capitalisation or spelling or anything really (though it might be pretty close)!!

If it's from another place - especially from any English-speaking countries, please share!! :)