🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Ask the Oracle on Coldplay.com (Now in session!)

twistedlogic149

July 26, 2011 - submitted by Katrina, Australia

Q. Hi ! Is there any chance the band might play a sneaky show anywhere in Brisbane before their Splendour in the Grass appearance on Sunday ?

The Oracle replies:

Not a chance at all. Honestly, they're barely in Aus long enough to play the show! Well, that's an exaggeration but it's a very short visit indeed.

July 26, 2011 - submitted by Catalina, Mexico

Q. Q. Hi Oracle!!

How did you feel about the notice of Amy's dead?! I was shocked like WHAT??!! I mean I wasn't a BIG fan of her but I don't know ...I feel sorry for her, because she had everything, but again drugs take control.

Anyway!! Saludos desde Mexico Querido Oracle.

The Oracle replies:

I was a huge fan of Amy's since her first album was released and have to admit to feeling deeply saddened by the news. We shall see what the post mortem results show; whether drugs were involved directly or not remains to be seen. Sadly they will have had some effect on her body over the extensive period of abuse. The same can be said of alcohol and smoking. I have to say that if the drug results prove negative, I still believe her addictions killed her; smoking, drinking and maybe even love.

July 26, 2011 - submitted by Samina, United States of America

Q. What songs did Coldplay perform at the iTunes Festival this year?

The Oracle replies:

It was pretty much the same setlist as most of the other festival shows but with the addition of Moving to Mars making its live debut.

*Hurts Like Heaven

Yellow

In My Place

Major Minus

Lost!

The Scientist

Shiver

Violet Hill

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

Moving To Mars

Us Against The World

Politik

Viva la Vida

Charlie Brown

Life Is For Living

The encore:

Clocks

Fix You

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

*I know some will say they began with MX, but I'm not counting that as a track...

Released, announcements can happen anytime.

And why does she want to keep secrecy of the wives/children letters thing? Why is that a big deal?

Who knows hope to see something in the morning though! That would be a gift from above. :angel:

July 27, 2011 - submitted by Jen, United Kingdom

Q. Hey Oracle! Hope you're well. I love the globe-trotting pic that #42 included in the recent blog (#138). Would you know if it was his own fair hand that created it?

Thank you xxx

The Oracle replies:

The original picture was from the plane seat's screen but Mister #42 sprinkled some #42 magic and created the image we see on his blog. Didn't you feel tired just reading it?

July 27, 2011 - submitted by Blake, United Kingdom

Q. Dear Oracle,

I saw on the latest #42 blog that Coldplay are coming to Sydney after Brisbane. Are they playing a show/ doing an interview? What is the reason for the visit?

The Oracle replies:

They fly to Australia Saturday, perform on Sunday and have press on Monday before leaving for L.A on Tuesday. I can only deduce therefore that promo will be taking place in Sydney.