✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The White Stripes

Sweet One

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont see why everyone gangs up on Meg. if she was in any other band with any other musician she would be perfectly fine. but since she spends most of her time next to one of the best musicians of our era'a she gets unfairly scrutinised.

Meg is no different to Jonny Buckland, Adam Clayton or even Ed O'Brien, mediocre musicians who found themselves in amazing bands. and happen to be half decent with harmonies.

anyone who has any understanding of minimalist music would appreciate just how awesome Meg is. no other style of drumming would suit the White Stripes sound.

LMAO.you are kidding me ?

you don't have a clue about "minimalistic music" if you think she's awesome!

i dont see why everyone gangs up on Meg. if she was in any other band with any other musician she would be perfectly fine. but since she spends most of her time next to one of the best musicians of our era'a she gets unfairly scrutinised.

Meg is no different to Jonny Buckland, Adam Clayton or even Ed O'Brien, mediocre musicians who found themselves in amazing bands. and happen to be half decent with harmonies.

No

or what about the edge, just some delay and simple arpeggios, and still for some he's one of the best guitarrist around

When Meg White creates the signature sound for the biggest band over the last 25 years, we will continue this conversation.

^ I didn't say White Stripes would be a better band.

1) She would not do fine in another band. She is not a good musician.

2) She is a far worse musician than the others that you mentioned.

I could play the drums in Blue Orchid, and I don't even know how...

well if you don't like meg then don't listen to the white stripes

Where did I say I didn't like Meg White? Could you please show me? I think I'll keep listening to what I want irrespective of your advice.

All I said is that Meg is not a skilled musician. Nothing more, nothing less. I like the White Stripes just fine.

ok ok that should do with all the meg fighting. i'm sure we can all agree that shes a beautiful girl in an awesome band.

anyone brave enough to predict when the next White Stripes record might come out? if any!!

and what will this new movie be about? jack said his in the process of mixing 40 tracks for the film!

ok ok that should do with all the meg fighting. i'm sure we can all agree that shes a beautiful girl in an awesome band.

anyone brave enough to predict when the next White Stripes record might come out? if any!!

and what will this new movie be about? jack said his in the process of mixing 40 tracks for the film!

1. I do think White Stripes are an awesome band.

2. Meg is hot except for her teeth. I would expect to find those teeth in the mouth of Keith Richards.

3. I am not brave enough to predict a new White Stripes album. I have not read of anyone knowing anything, so I am still waiting to hear something (if there is anything to be heard).

what no?

there is no way anyone can convince me that the white stripes would be a better band if it was john bonham or keith moon behind the drums. its called chemistry.

ok.you are the winner,kid.end of the discussion.

go buy an ice cream now

i think alot will depend on how successful the dead weather are. right now i have my doubts over this project. i watched about 20mins of footage of their performance in New York 2 weeks ago and really didnt like what i was hearing. they seem to be going for this really dark artsy sort of led zep feel and it just wasnt working for me. i really hope i'm proven wrong when the album comes out in June. in my opinion Jack White is yet to make a poor album (get behind me satan got close for me but its sooo popular amongst other people) Horehound will be his 9th since 1999. quite the achievement if you ask me, especially in this day and age.

why are we back on this again??

am i the only person on this forum who has heard most of the white stripes work? if not i would love to know what people put as their fave album.

1. Elephant

2. Icky Thump

3. De Stilj

4.White Blood Cells

5. Get Behind Me Satan

6. White Stripes