✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The White Stripes

Sweet One

mmm

I still haven't heard at all some of them, buy elephant may be one of my favorites, and I do think get behind me satan is among their least good, but I haven't heard well the first two

i highly recommend De Stilj. its a very easy listen!!

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah thats right. other highlights include I'm Bound To Pack It Up and Truth Doesnt Make A Noise. there's some great acoustic work on this album.

i really like it how he is always evolving his sound, never gets boring with jack white around.

Alright, the Stripes are one of my favorite rock groups. I've been a fan since the beginning, Jack is such a great performer and really knows a lot about music. Also like the Raconteurs, a promising project. Anyone heard the album Jack did with Loretta Lynn?

1. De Stilj

2.White Blood Cells

3. Elephant

4. Get Behind Me Satan

5. White Stripes

6. Icky Thump

• 8 months later...

I just found it here.

Jack White Unveils Solo Album Plans

According to a report by Nme.com, musician Jack White has stated he may record a solo full-length this year.

The White Stripes frontman stated he could end up recording a solo album soon enough but he doesn't know what it will take for him to do so.

When asked if he will ever release an effort by himself, White replied: "Eventually, yeah, for sure." and also discussed the idea of playing every instrument by himself.

"I've never done that [played everything himself]," said White. "I thought about that. That might be the challenge - to differentiate from anything else that I've done."

In regards to all of his projects with The White Stripes, The Dead Weather and The Raconteurs, the musician said he didn't know when new material will be released.

"It would be a mistake for me to premeditate anything, even in the next six months, to say what I'm going to do," he explained. "I honestly could be working on a White Stripes [album] in the next two weeks. I have no idea if that is going to happen. And the same with The Dead Weather. I'd rather live like this without a calendar in front of me."

I post it here, as that's his 'first band' so...

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
If Jack White gets his way, Detroit’s prodigal son and daughter are soon to return. After spending time with ex-wife (and faux sister) Meg, White says he wants to revive the filthy blues-rock explosion that is The White Stripes.

The duo have been on hiatus since 2007, when drummer Meg developed a crippling anxiety condition caused by the band’s chaotic touring schedule. “I don’t think her anxiety exists any more … she’s still involved and everything,” singer and guitarist Jack told The Times.

The band recently released Under Great White Northern Lights, a DVD chronicle of their 2007 tenth-anniversary tour across Canada. Meg has since married guitarist Jackson Smith, son of Patti Smith and MC5’s Fred ‘Sonic’ Smith, while Jack has released two records with The Raconteurs and his current project The Dead Weather including the new Sea of Cowards album which was recently reviewed on FasterLouder.

The notorious workaholic has been particularly busy of late, with an impromptu collaboration with Jay-Z leading to further jam sessions, and even talk of a full album – if the pair can find the time.

i really hope for some new white stripes by year end. this dead weather bullshit needs to end, its ruining his reputation with mediocrity.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...