✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

05-Nov-08: Atlanta - Phillips Arena - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can hardly believe its this close!!! This will be the first time Ive seen them live. Any other time they have gotten close to me I was broke as hell. I still am... LOL Im going to starve for a week just to buy the gas and a t-shirt

Thank God for Oxfam and the chance they are giving me for volunteering. Even if I cant see the whole show it will be worth every moment just being there, seeing all the fans and catching the vibe.

4 Tickets -- Face Value -- Nov 5th Show

I've got 4 tickets for the November 5th show available for below face value ($100 each). Will ship overnight for free or deliver at venue!! Section 213 Row L (close to stage on Jonny's side). Please PM if you are interested.

TWO DAYS!!

I'm so excited!! I'm going to try to go to PDK (or another small airport near ATL) and maybe that's where their jet is? And perhaps go to whole foods, and the borders in buckhead to accidentally run into chris martin or someone else from the band, haha..I can only wish. Then my mom (she loves Coldplay almost as much as I do) and I are going to Phillips to work with Oxfam.

Does anyone know if they're doing any interviews on any radio station?

lol, maybe it's the butterflies they'll have during lovers in japan, haha..

don't worry, I'm crazy excited as well, a little unsure about how the oxfam volunteering will go, but hopefully it will help pass the remaining hours until the concert. I can't wait to find out where our seats are and can't wait to see Chris Martin & co. .....last time I started crying like a crazy teenager seeing the backstreet boys or something when I saw their shadows at the very beginning of square one. Hopefully, that won't happen again, lol. I'm SO EXCITED.

THE BACKSTREET BOYS!?

Well Ive never seen them so I do know I guess...

Never seen Coldplay either. CANT WAIT!!! The oxfam thing should be alot of fun and a wonderful experience. The world can use all the help it can get. The opening act "sleepercar" sounds good on their myspace page. I wonder if we will get to see them too. I dont get the chance to see many concerts and this being my favorite band ever just makes it awesome! I hate to sound all stoopid about it but Im looking forward to hearing Yellow the most. Ever since Parachutes and that song in particular I was hooked for life. Hearing it live will most likely bring tears of joy for me. The only other song that would do that for me is See You Soon. I know that a very unlikely chance. Yellow is "our song" for me and the love of my life. It always will be.

oh, is anyone going to try and see Coldplay going into the philips arena?? since I'm working with oxfam, I have to get there at 5, so I'll be there earlier than that and want to try and see Coldplay arriving or something...

I might try..I'll probably be there around 3 or 4, really depends. The last 2 times I've been to the arena were to see Paul McCartney and I always went underneath the garage and saw him come in both times. I'll probably head under again just to see what I can see. ;)

It's underneath the parking garage across from the arena. There are a set of stairs and an elevator you can use to get to the bottom. Once you get to the bottom, you'll see all the buses and staff, roadies running around. They'll probably put up a fence thing if too many fans come down. I'm not really sure what street it is, but I know other people wait on the other side of the tunnel that they come through, but most wait under the parking garage. :)

Hi, I'm a long time reader, but first (well, actually 2nd) time poster. This concert will be my first Coldplay concert and I am stoked! After seeing Pearl Jam, Radiohead, and Kings of Leon this year, I'm ready to see another great live band. I've followed their tour just like I do while PJ and Radiohead tour, and while they may not change their setlists as much as the others do(especially PJ-They played over 100 different songs for just a 13 date tour!) I am still very excited for what is to come! I will post my take on the concert on Friday, most likely! Atlanta, here I come!

I'd like to think of myself as one of the diehard Atlanta fans....I'm skipping all of my classes today (I came home last night from school, GA Southern)...and I'm driving back (3hrs) either after the concert tonight or I'm leaving insanely early in the morning. I'm going to see how tired I am after the concert.

I'm SO EXCITED! It feels like christmas when you still believe in santa and can't sleep...I'm wide awake right now and it's 8:30...crazy.

I'm definitely going to post about tonight, working with oxfam, trying to see the band, the concert, anything else, thoughts...but for people who want to know what's happening right that moment, I'm going to update my twitter: http://twitter.com/vivalaviolin

I'll post as much as I can on there tonight, as well as a setlist as the concert goes. I hope it works out (and hope that t-mobile really does have more bars at Phillips).

I'm SO excited for tonight, and last night I watched the oxfam training video, and we get to meet Pete! So exciting since he's been with Coldplay this whole tour and writes all those blogs, and knows the band. That's one degree of separation right there! The 2nd person I'll meet that knows Chris Martin & Co. Awesome.

Okay, I'll stop writing, I sound like I'm 15 and the people on here that I might meet tonight will think I'm 15, not 19 about to be 20. haha

Atlanta live updates: http://twitter.com/vivalaviolin

I'd like to think of myself as one of the diehard Atlanta fans....I'm skipping all of my classes today (I came home last night from school, GA Southern)...and I'm driving back (3hrs) either after the concert tonight or I'm leaving insanely early in the morning. I'm going to see how tired I am after the concert.

I'm SO EXCITED! It feels like christmas when you still believe in santa and can't sleep...I'm wide awake right now and it's 8:30...crazy.

I'm definitely going to post about tonight, working with oxfam, trying to see the band, the concert, anything else, thoughts...but for people who want to know what's happening right that moment, I'm going to update my twitter: http://twitter.com/vivalaviolin

I'll post as much as I can on there tonight, as well as a setlist as the concert goes. I hope it works out (and hope that t-mobile really does have more bars at Phillips).

I'm SO excited for tonight, and last night I watched the oxfam training video, and we get to meet Pete! So exciting since he's been with Coldplay this whole tour and writes all those blogs, and knows the band. That's one degree of separation right there! The 2nd person I'll meet that knows Chris Martin & Co. Awesome.

Okay, I'll stop writing, I sound like I'm 15 and the people on here that I might meet tonight will think I'm 15, not 19 about to be 20. haha

Atlanta live updates: http://twitter.com/vivalaviolin

Listen man, I feel the same way and Im friggen 37 years old! My name is Jeff by the way... I will see you tonight at the show! Leaving here in a couple hours... I just hope I dont puke... LOL