school schedule

luckycharms2987

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know my schedule now. rofl.

1st semester:

Block 1 - That damn honors world history class that I hate.

Block 2 - Geometry

Block 3 - Career Majors, which I also hate.

Block 4 - Color guard

2nd semester:

Block 1 - Pre-AP English II

Block 2 - Biology

Block 3 - Health

Block 4 - French II

Yay? ='(

what's pre-AP? Are you gauranteed a spot in AP English if you take that class?

Ha. Haha. I took AP world history, and your honors WH is anything like that, you'll have LOADS of fun. :dozey:

^You take Arabic, huh? How do you see it so far, pretty difficult or not?

this is actually my second time taking arabic in my life, but the last time was two years ago so i forgot a lot and had to start all over. i think it's a completely awesome language (and especially fun and beautiful to write!), but it is rather hard, especially because i can't base it off much of anything i know, like i could with spanish or french. aaaaand my teacher isn't very good, so most of my class is still struggling with reading and he's moved on to some more complex grammar things :rolleyes:

the thing that really gets me, though, are the vast differences in national dialects! the first time i took arabic, i had a lebanese teacher (or a teacher who learned arabic in lebanon), so i learned all the lebanese pronunciations and colloquialisms, but now, my two teachers are from algeria and bahrain, so i get rather confused sometimes, not to mention reprimanded for pronouncing things "wrong"! :P

this is actually my second time taking arabic in my life, but the last time was two years ago so i forgot a lot and had to start all over. i think it's a completely awesome language (and especially fun and beautiful to write!), but it is rather hard, especially because i can't base it off much of anything i know, like i could with spanish or french. aaaaand my teacher isn't very good, so most of my class is still struggling with reading and he's moved on to some more complex grammar things :rolleyes:

the thing that really gets me, though, are the vast differences in national dialects! the first time i took arabic, i had a lebanese teacher (or a teacher who learned arabic in lebanon), so i learned all the lebanese pronunciations and colloquialisms, but now, my two teachers are from algeria and bahrain, so i get rather confused sometimes, not to mention reprimanded for pronouncing things "wrong"! :P

Hehe, funny you're enjoying it. Thought most foreigners wouldn't like it for some reason. Cool though and glad you took an interest in it. :D

Man, Arabic grammar is really tough. I used to struggle with it a bit in my earlier school years but ended up liking it the most after some years. If it gets taught in a simple and clear way along with the teacher being pretty excellent at it you won't get any problems. And btw, which grammar subject are you at now?

And regarding the difficulties of the different pronunciations, I admit, to have to adapt to hearing Lebanese then Algerian and then Bahranian is indeed hard. All are three compeletly different accents. However, if they only talk in formal Arabic you won't find much difference. Find it weird that they don't too hmm, maybe you should ask them to do that, talking in formal Arabic that is. Hehe

And hey you could practice some of your Arabic with me if you want. :P

Oh have you ever been introduced to the englishenised form of Arabic with numbers and all? Hehe. It's mostly used online so we wouldn't have to change languages a lot. Basically, we type words in the same exact way we pronounce them, only it's done in English. And we type in numbers to replace the Arabic letters that can't be found in English. I would tell you which numbers is which but unfortunately I don't have the Arabic letters on this laptop. Will do it some other time on my PC, if you want. :D

^haha, that would be rather useful, the englishenized form! i've just been using the thing in microsoft word where you go into symbols and double click the letters to put them in. its rather nice because it links up all the right letters properly so you don't have to do it.

and thanks for the offer of practice! :D once my vocabulary actually gets somewhere i might take you up on that. for now, we know next to nothing! we're basically still just learning how to read, or should be if our professor didn't insist on skipping ahead. right now we're learning the different cases and how to make things agree so you can say things like "the boy's sister" and "my neighbor's chicken." the thing is, our vocabulary is so limited and most people in the class still can't read properly, so it makes it doubly hard to remember everything. i get a bit frustrated sometimes :rolleyes:

its also just a bit of overload since we have lessons every morning, whereas all other classes are only two days a week!

My school shedule is soooo :thinking: :\

Monday : energy systems, company management, english (XD)

Tuesday : thermic transfer, energy systems

Wednesday : History of engineering, experiment

Thursday : thermic transfer

Friday : environmental management, physics of transfer

I can't wait to see my schedule ...

It looked like this last semester:

Mon: Slovene language and discourse

English Grammar

free period

2×Formation of texts in English

Tue: Interlingual Mediation English-Slovene

2×English vocabulary lesson

free period

2×Slovene language and discourse (practical course)/Slovene literature

free period

British culture

Wed: Interlingual Mediation French-Slovene

free period

English Grammar (practical course)

free period

2×French vocabulary lesson

Thu: 2×Formation of texts in French

2×French Grammar

2×free period

2×French Culture

French Phonetics.

And that was the fun one, winter semester had more classes.

We don't have block schedules at my school so I have the same classes everyday...and we only have 6... here they are...btw I'm a Junior

Period 1: AP US History

Period 2: AP English 11

Break

Period 3: AP Spanish III

Period 4: AP Chemistry

Period 5: Algebra II and Trigomometry

Lunch

Period 6: Journalism

:stunned::inquisitive:....my schedule sucks...

How do you handle 4 AP classes?! :stunned: My God. You must be SWAMPED with work!

Iknow. Last week all of my teachers were like " oh lets make all of our tests for friday"...It was the worst week of my life!! :stunned:

I don't even have the worst of it though... one of my friends has five and but instead of Chem has AP Bio and instead of AlgebraII has AP Calculus!!! :stunned:

My brain hurts just think9ing about it!!!! :confused:

what's pre-AP? Are you gauranteed a spot in AP English if you take that class?

Ha. Haha. I took AP world history, and your honors WH is anything like that, you'll have LOADS of fun. :dozey:

Yeah, if you complete the two Pre-AP English classes you get to take AP English if you so desire. :dozey:

I really hate world history. History is usually my best subject (my dad's a historian xD), but my teacher has completely jacked up the class.

^haha, that would be rather useful, the englishenized form! i've just been using the thing in microsoft word where you go into symbols and double click the letters to put them in. its rather nice because it links up all the right letters properly so you don't have to do it.

and thanks for the offer of practice! :D once my vocabulary actually gets somewhere i might take you up on that. for now, we know next to nothing! we're basically still just learning how to read, or should be if our professor didn't insist on skipping ahead. right now we're learning the different cases and how to make things agree so you can say things like "the boy's sister" and "my neighbor's chicken." the thing is, our vocabulary is so limited and most people in the class still can't read properly, so it makes it doubly hard to remember everything. i get a bit frustrated sometimes :rolleyes:

its also just a bit of overload since we have lessons every morning, whereas all other classes are only two days a week!

Sorry for being late but here you go Chelsea (is it? :D) -

أ - a, 2

ب - b

ت - t

ث - th

ج - j

ح - h, 7

خ - kh, 5

د - d

ذ - th

ر - r

ز - z

س - s

ش - sh

ص - s, 9

ض - d

ط - t, 6

ظ - th

ع - 3

غ - gh

ف - f

ق - q

ك - k

ل - l

م - m

ن - n

ه - h

و - w

ي - y

However, I don't think your teacher would let you use them in assignments and stuff hehe. Ah well, thought it'd be cool telling ya about them. :wink:

• 8 months later...

well this WAS my schedule, but i'm out for summer!!! :dance:

1st - Agri (1st semester) / Geometry (2nd semester)

2nd - Geometry (1st semester) / E.A.S.T (2nd semester)

3rd - Pre Ap English

4th - World History

5th - French I

6th - Biology

7th - CBA

nothing special :nice:

I just got my new schedule today. :dance:

Which I don't know why I'm dancing, with AP Chemistry...lol.

My old schedule that I'm still paying for is in here somewhere... =/

I know my schedule now. rofl.

1st semester:

Block 1 - That damn honors world history class that I hate.

Block 2 - Geometry

Block 3 - Career Majors, which I also hate.

Block 4 - Color guard

2nd semester:

Block 1 - Pre-AP English II

Block 2 - Biology

Block 3 - Health

Block 4 - French II

THAR IT IS.

My school year is basically over, though.