✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The 2012 Motor Racing Thread (F1 & More)

Loki0012

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry GUys too lazy to come in this forum in Ages.... Nice race spoiled by the rain though wasnt able to watch it all though just bits....But it doesnt matter since it was halfway cancelled. Congrats to JEnsen Though,......Another Brit yet again

• 2 weeks later...
Good 1-2 for Red Bull and with Button in 3rd.

Has Ferrari got any points yet?

nope. Massa never got round to finishing the race & Raikkonen finished outside of the points allocation (think he was 10th or so). :dozey:

tis an interesting season so far...

Guest howyousawtheworld

Well Brawn fastest in dry. Red Bull's fastest in wet. Simple as that really! A FAAANTASTIC start to the season - best I've experienced yet! I simply cannot wait for every race!

yeah...well, now that we're down 3 races that seems to be the pattern.

tho i recall that Vettel did well in the wet last year too...if i remember right. the boy's one to watch this season amongst the drivers. Button's been around a while, just that now he's finally got his big break with the Brawn car.

^ Aha, Poor Kimi and Esp. for Massa....

I hate doing Pole positions maybe someone can do it for me?

Im too lazy...to do updates on the thread......:(

THe MAIN MAJOR TEAMS might catch up though in the middle of the season... hope its a real competition...cross fingers

Guest howyousawtheworld

So we've got a £40 million budget cap for next year along with new regulations which are no refuelling and no trye warmers. Good news for any motor companies who want to enter f1 now. It's cheap, and the FIA are anticipating new entries. The maximum number of cars on the grid next year will be raised to 26 cars. Lola and Prodrive (who own Aston Martin) have both expressed interests to enter next year.

Whatever happens Lola can be no worse than when they entered as a sole team themselves in 1997. If you look up the word disaster in the dictionary you will find Lola f1 1997. Whilst new teams like Stewart were ready for the 97 season, having designed and built there own car, Lola were completely different. While all the teams had built there cars, Lola still hadn't designed there car and when it arrived in Australia for the 1st round of the championship, it was utterly horrific. The car had been nowhere near a wind tunnel and was apparently in some place was not symmetrical! What happened? Well along with poor reliability, the cars failed miserably to even qualify for the Grand Prix, flew home and never returned. During that time the company had stocked up £9million in debt for it's F1 nighmare within a couple of months and soon after Lola were put under administration. They found a buyer eventually, and the guy who bought them still owns them to this day. An almighty disaster!

"The Council has approved a voluntary $59-million US cap, which is approximately $15-million US more than what FIA president Max Mosley had originally proposed.

Any team who signs up for the voluntary cap would be allowed to use adjustable front and rear wings as well as run their engine without rev limits. Capped teams would also be allowed unlimited testing during the off-season and would not have any wind tunnel restrictions placed on them.

As well, new teams will be given a financial helping hand by Bernie Ecclestone's Formula One Management which would include an annual payment of $10-million US plus free transportation of equipment." http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/story/?id=277013

So all of the above, it looks like- development, wind tunnels, testing, and no rev limit.

^^No. What is it?

Does it compare to the BTCC?

In my opinion it betters it, Motorcycle racing is very exciting to watch, not taking anything away from F1 or car racing at all I just personally find bike racing much more interesting, there are real intense battles.

I wish Button well in F1 though:)