✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

'Til Kingdom Come

Guest Hyperfried

Guest Hyperfried

It could just be me... however... Am I the only one who seems to see the similarities between NMFWTTG and the X&Y bonus track 'Til Kingdom Come? Similar acoustic feel, and even the chords sounds about the same.

Anyone else feel the same way? I mean, don't get me wrong, it's a cool song with some awesome brass, but it feels almost like it's an upgraded 'Til Kingdom Come.

I tend to lump 'Til Kingdom Come, Reign Of Love, and this song in the same category of acoustic country-gospel; it helps this lumping that they all sound very different from the rest of Coldplay's music (or at least what I've heard). 'Til Kingdom Come is still my favorite of the three, but I genuinely like this song too.

I'm pretty sure it's because they're both similarly tuned in the key of C that they seem so similar, but I must prefer this because of the amazing guitar, horns and synths during the bridge. If you listen closely you can hear voices and cool arpeggiated synths, that makes the song for me.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
I'm pretty sure it's because they're both similarly tuned in the key of C that they seem so similar, but I must prefer this because of the amazing guitar, horns and synths during the bridge. If you listen closely you can hear voices and cool arpeggiated synths, that makes the song for me.

That's basically what I was going to say, except for the musically nerdy part about it being in the key of C, which is not something I can recognize, like at all.