✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

12-Sep-2009: Manchester, LCCC, UK - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

Jenjie

We're wearing Yellow hats?! :stunned:

Edit: Wow the parking space is pitiful :o May have to rethink the plan to drive to the venue.

That's not good. I planned to drive 'cos I didn't fancy getting on a train back to Liverpool at midnight... it's usually pretty rowdy from 8 or 9pm onwards.

Although there's always a "friendly" sort trying to offer you a swig from their vodka bottle :rolleyes:

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'd say the train was a definite no go! Will be cutting it fine to get the last train, also I got the train back from a Snow Patrol gig at the Apollo one time (which obviously holds a fraction of the amount of people) and it was packed to busting point.

I'm okay cos I'll be in Manchester anyway, so can just get the tram if needs be. Maybe you should get there as early as you can on the Saturday to make sure you get a space.

We're wearing Yellow hats?! :stunned:

Edit: Wow the parking space is pitiful :o May have to rethink the plan to drive to the venue.

That's not good. I planned to drive 'cos I didn't fancy getting on a train back to Liverpool at midnight... it's usually pretty rowdy from 8 or 9pm onwards.

Although there's always a "friendly" sort trying to offer you a swig from their vodka bottle :rolleyes:

noooooooooo not yellow hats really! I darw the line at yellow t-shirts :laugh3:

LCCC parking looks nasty & is likely to change before september :\

I'm not sure where else you could park nearby, and for free :( the streets are probably out because most of them have matchday parking restrictions which I would guess will also involve concerts.

There's a multi-storey car park in Sale which is around £4 for 24 hours parking, and has 24 hours access, but you'd need a tram ticket on top of that which is about £3.60 for a day ticket.

I'd guess the random parking for sports events may be available, but they can be dodgy.

We're ok because Ian & I both work within walking distance so could park at one of our workplaces.

I'm probabbly getting the train... In the morning, to get there early, I would like to meet up with some of you guys if possible :), I still havn't found anyone to go with, and if I do, they still have to get a ticket, I am thinking of saving up for another ticket and find someone to give it to and they can pay me back when they can....BUT THEY MIGHT SELL OUT! I don't know....

:P :P, this is turning out not as I expected :p

The doors will open at 4pm to allow for the thousands to get in. I reckon there might even be another act before Jay-Z. Plus they've talked about changing the set and possibly making it longer. It won't finish before 10pm at the earliest. I reckon it'll probably finish around 10.30 - 10.45.

If you don't count the hours of queuing beforehand and the two subsequent gigs to follow, one after another :sick:

I mean....YAY can't wait :laugh4:

:lol:

50 of your English £ and I'll queue up overnight and all day for you! :P

So you'd pay over AU$2000 for your airfare, sit for 20+ hours on a plane for me to give you 50 of my British pounds?! :surprised:

DEAL! :laugh4:

Well if its for Wembley I'd be there anyways so that'd pay for my ticket, but I'm battling the fact that people will be queuing up anyways!! :lol:

It its for Manchester I'd have to change my flight for £30 - zing zing profit!! :P

To be honest I wish I was going to Manchester as well coz its near as I can get to a "home" gig but alas, I had to choose (not much of a choice though!).

I'd say we definitely, definitely, definitely will not have to do that for Manchester. A few hours before the gig will be enough to get us pretty close, if not to, the front :D

Really? I'd be getting there at say 7am :thinking:.