🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

19-Sep-2009: Wembley Stadium, London - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

Jenjie

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, everyone!

sounds like the night was absolutely fantastic! Loved all the reviews, pics and videos. It was almost like I was there... almost. ;)

So glad so many Coldplayers got to get together and enjoy this unforgettable night!

@Martinfan- it's awesome that you got to attend such a private event! I'm sorry you didn't get to get autographs or take more pics, but so great that you were there! Hope it made up for missing Tampa. :)

Thanks for all the reviews! :) :)

I posted this on the Tampa thread, but this was about The Aftershow party My hubby and another couple were invited too, I was very lucky!!!

I am HOME! I just don't know where to start so, I will say a few things then if you have any questions I will try and answer for you. We got picked up at 5pm, the other couple who won, were very excited, loved Coldplay, but wouldn't recognize them if they were if front of them, as you will read alittle later, We got to the venue, and followed signs that said "Band Friends and Family" with arrows to follow, got to the line and I went up and told them my name, and she said enjoy and handed me my envelope, I am pretty sure this was Arlene as I have seen her pics, I stepped to the side and the other couple went up and Arlene acted like your not on the list, while holding their envelope behind her back, and Leeanne said, "But we won the same as them" looked like she was gonna cry, we opened the envelope and found 2 tickets in the first level seating, they were 3 rows ahead of us. There was allittle slip of paper that Read "AFTERSHOW PART TONIGHT AT WEMBLEY ARENA" then told us directions, Well we almost shit ourselves, hugging each other and trying to catch our breath.

We missed White Lies, and took our seats, THIS PLACE WAS MASSIVE!!!!! Our seats were ok, but the stage looked small, so the pics I took were good, but were of the jumbotron. I had to seats opened next to us, that I was praying nobody would sit down so I could stand and dance, I got lucky, I was the only person standing and singing every song, and doing the hand cross of strawberry swing, only when ViVa came on did people stand, pissed me off, but was in "My own little Bubble".

I had tears for almost every song playing, Viva was deafening, Fix You the same, Chris messed up on THP AGAIN, it's so scripted I had a blast!!!

The after party, was cool, lot's of music playing, this area had 2 floors, we decided to go upstairs cause they had nice comfortable looking sofa's, got our drinks, and the only couch open was by this open door, that had a window, that you could see in if you sat up on the couch abit, the doors had security and was letting nobody in. I thought Hmm, this is where they are. BINGO, Jonny came walking out all full of smiles and as he walked 3 feet away I said" Hi Jonny", he turned to me and said "Hello there" all smiles. He was in a very happy mood, laughing with everyone, and chatting, I got up and moved over to the railing and snapped a pic of him which turned out great, then I moved closer to our couch and took another one, turned out great, all of a sudden I felt someone over my shoulder, it was KELLY, he scared the shit out of me, he said softly.. "What are you doing?",I said "UMM taking a picture of Jonny, he said, "Put the camera away for me", he was actually not too bad, he just scared me, and I put my hands up and said "Hey no problem, not a problem" Cussing under my breath, because for the next hour he kept looking my way making sure I didn't do it again, He told another girl off abit later and he wasn't as nice to her.

WILL comes walking out with his wife, and I said "Hello Will" he turned smiled and said, "Hello", this is hard to not look like a FAN cause he was sitting at the couch next to us talking away with people.

Took a few sips of my drink, look thru the window and the MAN was standing there, had just gotten a shower cause his hair was really wet, he looked thru the doorway, and put his hoodie on with the cap part. I looked at him and he went back in, KELLY still by the doors side, Just then I see Gwyn, man she is so pretty, she was walking and bobbing her head to a Jay Z song that was on. Chris sat down on a couch behind the doors in full view and looked like he was doing an interview, Gwyn stood by him, smiling the whole time, and then I sat back down, and then when I looked back again, she was sitting on his knee, sorry no pics of any of this, and I wouldn't have taken it anyway's. I was shocked they were together in full site of the people on the other side of the door. I will say this.... They are very much together, they were very lovey dovey towards each other, I told my husband, that they wouldn't come out here together, and they didn't. Chris came out and walked 2 feet from us and went to Will's couch and signaled him to go in the back, I guess it was for an interview, as Chris walked past us I said " Hi Chris" he looked like alittle kid and looked our way smiled and said, "Hey, how ya doing?" SMILING like he does. That was all my contact with any of them, I couldn't sneak any pics! I will post pics tomorrow when my daughter gets home, and they will be on facebook, feel free to ask me anything if I didn't touch on any questions you might have. The trip was amazing!!! Oh we didn't get to bed until 3:30am this morning, "Ya know Partying all night with the boy's" and we had a 7am wake up call and the long flight back.

Oh and when Chris walked by the couple we were with didn't recognize him and they asked me if I thought he was coming out, I said He walked 2 feet away from you and even said Hello. I had to point out Will and Jonny also Guy was Nowhere to be seen. Oh and gosh I forgot, Phil came out and had a beautiful blond on his arm, I guess it's his wife, he's married right? See I keep forgetting everything.... MILLER came to the security door, and tried to go thru and they told him NO, he just shook his head and walked off, didn't argue with them or nothing, and who's the older guy that manages them? I don't know his name, but when they did the Morning show in NY he was interviewed??? I saw him all over the place.

That doesn't even cover alot of our trip, but thought you wouldn't want to hear that, just the juciey stuff.

This must have been such a great experience! I'm so glad for you! :)

So what exactly did you win? Was it a competition?

Sorry if you said it earlier, maybe I missed it....

Poor Miller!!! I felt so sorry for him when I read this!

Why didn't they allow him to enter??

And the other guy you're talking about: maybe it's their manager Dave Holmes?

Thanks for your review! :)

Looking forward to seeing the pictures you managed to take. :)

Damn.

Just damn.

White Lies - excellent.

Girls Aloud - never heard them before, but they did their thing really well.

Jay-Z - I think I don't need to comment. :awesome:

Coldplay - No comment needed.

At some points I couldn't understand my own "singing" (which was more like a screaming).

I was located right in front of the B-Stage (this is the Stage with Talk/GPASUYF & The Hardest Part+Postcards From Far Away), right?

I'll upload my pictures, as soon as my brother gives them to me.

Damn, this evening was amazing.

At some points I felt like my voice would never be normal again. :awesome:

I was very lucky as many Jay-Z fans were in my area. :D

I was located right in front of the B-Stage (this is the Stage with Talk/GPASUYF & The Hardest Part+Postcards From Far Away), right?

:stunned: we were not far from each other!!! Coldplayers managed to get the best spots!

Great reviews and pics everyone!!

:stunned: we were not far from each other!!! Coldplayers managed to get the best spots!

Great reviews and pics everyone!!

Wow! Where were you?

Maybe you've seen me. :D

Yes, this how it should be! :dance: :nice:

Haha, I think I've a lot good karma :D
Hehe, yes. But I guess you've worked hard for it. :smiley:

Hi all, still can't upload my pics because I'm using a public terminal... Got a couple of good closeups @ the C-stage (mostly of Jonny :P But he was the closest of the 4 to me). He giggled @ my Jonny is my Guitar Hero banner just for a split second before going back to the business of playing his tambourine.

PS: Ian, like Chris shouted this afternoon when you were leaving: DAMN YOU for making the website and the board!!!! now we are all sentimental and sad and depressed for saying so many goodbyes - to the band, the tour, the other coldplayers... :bigcry:
It's all my fault :bigcry: :bigcry: :embarassed:

That's possible, but I didn't recognize you...Had you a yellow t-shirt??
Ah, I looked in your direction - very often, but I didn't recognize you neither. :(

No, unfortunately not. :confused:

But my brother & me were wearing white Jay-Z Blueprint III tshirts & Viva La Vida caps.

We were here (yellow "circle") - I'm the person in white, as my brother was still wearing his jacket at this time. :D

32466397.jpg

coldplay-243x392.jpg

Wild cheers for Jay Z and Coldplay in firework finale

Only a serious success story could book as their support act a man who is currently number one all over the world.

Jay-Z, the biggest rapper of the day, willingly played second fiddle to a bunch of posh boys as they concluded a 15-month world tour, ending up rolling around in a manly embrace with Coldplay’s Chris Martin after their unlikely duet, Lost!

This odd couple proved something we’ve known for some time: everybody loves Coldplay.

At Wembley, even those who once thought them bedwetters would have been forced to admit there were teeth to the hurtling riff of Glass Of Water, and a power to Will Champion’s drums on Clocks that could be felt internally.

Martin remains terrifically likeable, flying around the huge stage with all the joy of a boy doing airplanes at a wedding disco. He can get away with things, including allowing Champion to sing and inviting actor Simon Pegg on for a screechingly embarrassing harmonica solo, because there was never more than a minute between fabulous melodies.

While 42 added complexity to their deceptively simple formula but kept the tunes, the soaring battle cry of Viva La Vida carried on in the crowd long after the song had finished.

Though they didn’t match the spectacles of Take That and U2 here this summer (Yellow’s giant yellow balloons can’t have taxed these creative minds too much) they owned Wembley this weekend.

At the firework finale, the rap king and commoners alike were right to cheer wildly.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/

Ah, I looked in your direction - very often, but I didn't recognize you neither. :(

Well, I didn't see you... Since I'm short, when I turned around I only see a sea of heads :lol:

@Ian: you're such a star :cool: Mr Coldplaying is everywhere!