🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

19-Sep-2009: Wembley Stadium, London - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

Jenjie

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, that's it...I'm gonna dig out the "Teach Yourself Italian" program I got to LAST Christmas :blush:, and I'm gonna learn something by next Sept, if only to not be left out of the "I speak more than 1 or 2 languages!" group:veryangry2:...:P

damn, who knew that a trip to London would take knowing ANOTHER language (besides English)hahaha

Ok, that's it...I'm gonna dig out the "Teach Yourself Italian" program I got to LAST Christmas :blush:, and I'm gonna learn something by next Sept, if only to not be left out of the "I speak more than 1 or 2 languages!" group:veryangry2:...:P

damn, who knew that a trip to London would take knowing ANOTHER language (besides English)hahaha

italian?... they've been talking in french and now in germar i think :uhoh:

anyways you do speak spanish? :idea2:

:lol:

I haven't touched French since I was 16. I didn't get on very well with it at all. As for German, its about 10 years since I used it in any useful format, but it agrees with me much better so I still have some vocabulary. My grammar is useless though, particularly when trying to speak it. Chances are no-one would be able to decipher my unintelligible string of german words :lol: Much easier writing it :D

Hyvaa!! (Sorry for absence of "dots" over the a's).

italian?... they've been talking in french and now in germar i think :uhoh:

anyways you do speak spanish? :idea2:

Well I've been meaning to learn Italian forEVER, and I will be making a trip there next next year, so that's why I said Italian. Also, I think there are a couple of Italian coldplayers going, I thought:huh2:

Y, si, hablo español, pero como es muy comun donde yo vivo--hay muchos lationamericanos que viven en NY/NJ--y es mi primer idioma(aunque no lo uso mucho :blush:), no me parece ser un "extra." jajaja

And I know a few words in Slovene...but it's not really useful except for in Slovenia, and my best phrase is "I understand and speak very little Slovene.":P

ANYWAY....lol

You're coming to Italy next year..great :D

and yes there's gonna be a big group of Italians..I should try and learn a bit of French or Spanish by next September, I mean most of the times I can understand both languages, but not if people speak too fast and it's also easier when they're written

Well I've been meaning to learn Italian forEVER, and I will be making a trip there next next year, so that's why I said Italian. Also, I think there are a couple of Italian coldplayers going, I thought:huh2:

Y, si, hablo español, pero como es muy comun donde you vivo--hay muchos lationamericanos que viven en NY/NJ--y es mi primer idioma(aunque no lo uso mucho :blush:), no me parece ser un "extra." jajaja

And I know a few words in Slovene...but it's not really useful except for in Slovenia, and my best phrase is "I understand and speak very little Slovene.":P

ANYWAY....lol

bueno no creo que haya que descontar la lengua nativa de cada uno ;)

i had planned to learn italian since long time ago... may be next year will be the definitive one and i'll be able to say something more than: ciao, come stai oggi?. :)

i had planned to learn italian since long time ago... may be next year will be the definitive one and i'll be able to say something more than: ciao, come stai oggi?. :)

In which case the reply would be: "Oy!":rolleyes:

ok then I'm gonna really try to learn (New Year's resolution!!) and then I'll go up to you guys and say "ciao" :wink: LOL

Well that's a good start, and since you already know spanish I don't think it will be too difficult :)

Same for me with spanish, I always wanted to learn another language beside english (which is the only I've ever studied in school) and I think spanish is the "easiest" for us

Well that's a good start, and since you already know spanish I don't think it will be too difficult :)

Same for me with spanish, I always wanted to learn another language beside english (which is the only I've ever studied in school) and I think spanish is the "easiest" for us

you are right, both languages are similar grammatically, but it could be confusing for the vocabulary.. talking from experience.. i had learnt a new language last year from 0 (portuguese, as i've been living there for almost a year) and it got confusing at times for the lots of "false friends" that there are between both languages. :worried: but i liked it a lot :hug:

btw i did opened an italian lessons thread long time ago, must be on international section. :D