✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

28-Feb-2009: Burswood Dome, Perth, Aus - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww thanks all for the comments on the photos :shy:

Gah, Min, your camera is so so good at concerts its not fair :cry:.

I like this camera :D It's seen me through a couple of concerts already.

Miiinnnn!! Chriss!!! so glad i met you all there ;)

nice pics you got Min, and nice review too!!

will post mine soon,.... gotta go to work now

:D Our meeting was so random :laugh3: If you hadn't had queued up behind me we wouldn't have started talking :lol:

Incredible pics, Min.

Glad you both had an amazing time. Really can not wait 'till tomorrow! :D

It'd be your turn to report back to us ;)

:D Our meeting was so random :laugh3: If you hadn't had queued up behind me we wouldn't have started talking :lol:

Min, i have few of jonny's pic :laugh3:, will try to post it soon :kiss::kiss:

cant wait to hear your review on ur next concert, please send my kisses to guy *lol*

P1010569.jpg

Wow! Awesome!

That looks soo pretty :wacky:

I want it as my desktop wallpaper :D

ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! That must have been the best frigging night of my life!

Pardon me if I'm not very coherent, I'm still on cloud nine :D

I was holding up a sign that said 'Jonny is my Guitar Hero' to the dismay of Chris beside me :laugh3:. The guy working the video camera told me to hold it up and he took a shot of it :lol: Chris saw it during the ending of Violet Hill and he winked at me and gestured to Jonny. I tried hard to get Jonny's attention, the people beside me helped as well, but it was only after DAAHF when they were leaving the stage before the encore that he say it. He smiled so sweetly at me :heart:

*takes a breath*

How AWESOME is that :dance:

That is amazing Min!!! :dance:

So glad you had a good time, and yayyy for setlist and getting Chris' & Jonny's attention :wacky:

OOOOOH yes, something to note guys.

The new jackets. They bring them out for the encore on a clothes hook stand, and they put them on in front of us :D!!!

That sounds interesting :wideeyed:

Congrats on getting a setlist!! :D

The video I took, awesome quality on my computer, mobile phone quality once uploaded, grr...will sort it out tomorrow! Heres a photo tho...

2604jr9.jpg

290sg39.jpg

Alright guys, I am off to bed!!! Will post loads more pics and stuff over the next 2 days but for now I leave you with this...

2i0t1dt.jpg

Night!

Your pics are soo cool and so close!!! :bomb:

Absolutely amazing :stunned:

A very quick post before I head to work...

I touched down in Singapore about 3am yesterday and I managed to get up an hour earlier to look through my photos... Lots of them which looked perfectly fine on my camera were very blurry on my computer :sad: so these are the best pics I took.

Me and another Coldplayer setipkechil (I'm the one with the cap :D)

Perth2802091.jpg

My banner being draped on a yellow umbrella :P

Perth2802092.jpg

Awww... Min you look so pretty & happy :nice:

I've got the DAAHF tee aswell :P

Perth28020911.jpg

Thank you so much for that :sweatdrop:

Kings of rock deliver in spades

getfile.aspx?Type=image&ID=544036&ObjectType=3&ObjectID=265212

Some bands just know. They know they’re good. There’s no need to shout about it because every note they play shows you.

Coldplay kicked off their Australian tour with two shows in Perth at the weekend carrying the attitude of kings. They weren’t remotely arrogant, simply owning an undeniable understanding that they wear the rock’n’roll crown and put on a mighty show to prove it.

Decoder Ring warmed up an already expectant room but Mercury Rev gave us a glimpse of the magnificence awaiting. The five Americans were a perfect precursor with their atmospheric and moody rock which shares much in common with cult heroes The Flaming Lips.

Holes, People Are So Unpredictable and Opus 40 were part of a set which very calmly grabbed you by the throat, but it was their closing cover of Talking Head’s Once In A Lifetime which was sinister and very cool.

Coldplay couldn’t have found better backing singers if they tried — the all-ages massed Perth choir of 18,000 was impressive and didn’t let up all night. Whether you were cuddling your sweetheart, rode in on a Harley, were there with your family, were one of the beautiful people or looked like a surf-hippie, everyone united effortlessly and every song received ecstatic approval.

As a frontman, Chris Martin is fascinating to watch. Like Mercury Rev’s Jonathan Donahue, he doesn’t overtly play the sexy card but there’s something utterly beguiling about both of them. Their lack of predatory sexuality naturally draws you in to become part of this delicate and complex musical fabric.

Coldplay worked hard for more than two dozen songs and the audience repaid the love. The four never sat still and presented one of the most creative shows I have seen with a rock-pop set list which spanned style, emotion, differing delivery and genre-hopping, much like their multi-million selling Viva La Vida.

The highlights were numerous from the military beat of Violet Hill to the beautiful Clocks, a signature song which owns that unquantifiable something which just makes you love it. Yellow, accompanied by yellow balloons, sent the crowd wild and they were no less willing for Strawberry Swing, Lost, Politik, Fix You, Lovers In Japan and 42 which included Martin’s self-confessed Mariah Carey vocal moment.

Their new album’s title track, Viva La Vida, was the pinnacle of it all. Waking us from the softness of The Hardest Part, the kettle drums pounded in an anthemic and exhilarating celebration.

It’s hard to be loud and soft at the same time, but Coldplay have mastered the nuance. Volume can be loud, music can be aggressive without turning into hard rock and somehow the message can be sweet and poignant.

Their shabby revolution chic outfits were a nod to the new regime as the band left the main stage twice to play amid the audience, the second time up in the gods with acoustic guitars and harmonica. The first song didn’t work so well but Speed Of Sound sounded like an original demo before young drummer Will Champion played national steel for a quick country-infused I’m A Believer.

They came back for an encore — The Scientist and the second half of Life In Technicolor — which didn’t quite end the show with a rush of blood to the head like Viva La Vida had produced, but there was still plenty of energy to carry it through.

An almost touchable frisson pinged through the crowd as the venue emptied. It’s like everyone felt they were covered with stars and took that back into the world with them, if only for a little while.

It was impossible not be impressed by this spirited and uplifting show. As the most powerful band in rock’n’roll today, Coldplay defied gloom and gave us a little more of what we all really need: hope. Viva La Vida indeed.

http://www.thewest.com.au

Hit parade puts the faithful in a fever

FOR a man who has been a bona fide star since he was 23, Chris Martin appears to be well grounded. He may enjoy a lavish lifestyle with a movie-star wife and all the trappings of modern celebrity but where it matters most, in the studio and in concert, Coldplay's sandy-haired frontman is working as hard as ever.

On Friday night in Perth, on the first date of their Australian tour, Coldplay took to the stage in French Revolution-inspired gear - a touch ironic for millionaires, one would think - and showed that the mantle of biggest band in the world rests rather comfortably on their shoulders. They have been building towards this moment with four hugely successful albums; if they are at the pinnacle of "when I ruled the world" - as they describe on Viva La Vida - they are doing it with style.

This show does not rely on showbusiness schtick or overpowering personalties. Nor should it, for these are not Coldplay's stocks in trade. Yet if personality was in limited supply, energy certainly wasn't as the four-piece delivered a big, bold and spectacular 100-minute set where they used much of the space within the Burswood Dome to draw 17,000 people to them and inject an appreciable amount of intimacy.

They played all the hits - such as Clocks, The Scientist, In My Place, Fix You and The Hardest Part - in straightforward, instantly recognisable fashion. They utilised eye-catching effects such as hanging massive globes from the ceiling that transmitted distorted images from the screens at the front of the stage, and confetti-filled balls that bounced through the venue. They also played mini sets at other points in the room, including the nosebleed section up the back, but the show never outshone the material.

On their first national Australian tour, halfway down the bill at the 2001 Big Day Out festival, Martin looked almost overwhelmed as 20,000 people took up the stirring chorus to their first hit Yellow. Since then, Coldplay have achieved almost out-of-the-box success. This time around, Martin looked at home as he separated the audience into three sections to orchestrate a huge singalong.

The result was impressive enough but even better was the manner in which the crowd began singing (not shouting) in new songs such as Lost! and Viva La Vida without any prompting from the band. At those moments it was apparent that their reign looks set to continue for some time yet.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au

Next: Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday; Brisbane Entertainment Centre, March 8 and 9; Acer Arena, Sydney, March 11, 12, 14 and 15.

Congrats on getting a setlist!! :D

He managed to get it with my help :P

Awww... Min you look so pretty & happy :nice:

I've got the DAAHF tee aswell :P

Awww I'm not pretty :shy:

Thank you so much for that :sweatdrop:

No problemo :D

awesome pics Min & i love the banner :D

Thanks Jen :shy:

Certainly will -- hopefully I'll get something up tonight!

Really, really, really looking forward to it! :D:D:D

:D

I'm looking forward to your review!!! I'm so excited for everyone going!

The Big Jrad Review

So this review took forever to post, the concert was on Saturday but I had alot going on between now and then so I haven't go time...But Now here it is:D

My group got on the train at around 6 pm, there was three of us on the train and I knew we were in for a fabulous night. We got to the Dome around 6:30 and immediately my heart started to race when I saw the number of People, I was excited.:D:D We quickly found my friend, who joined us and then made out way into the dome, what #42 said about the pressure difference is very true.

I was very impatient in my seat, i justed wanted Coldplay to come on. It was quite a wait really and I remember sitting there thinking, is this ever going to happen?! Well finally I heard the Jay Z tune blast through the speakers and I knew it was about to happen. The Overtue they play was next and then I really started to get excited. There was a silence as it stopped and i gazed across the crowd. Suddenly LIT intro could be heard, the crowd went wild. I was now on a COLDPLAY high and shouted with all my might! It was really happening. Well for a first song it rocked. Next was Violet Hill, by the first chorus, the crowd were one happy choir singing "If You Love Me Won't You Let Me Know" I loved Jonny's solo!!:guitarist:

Next was Clocks, it was amazing, one of my favourites, the noise from the crowd also seemed to suggest so. It was then two blasts from the past the first being 'In My Place'. I think at this point Chris introduced the band as "Hi We're Coldplay, we're like Kings of Leon, except alot older, uglier and we sweat alot more" Yellow then rocked its way across the arena (I loved the balls they threw across the crowd and the mass crowd choir featured)

Cemetries of London my favourite on the album also sounded great. Next Followed Chinese Sleep Chant, and then 42 (very cool lighting in this one and chris did this cool outro where it looked like he was going to faint and then built up to a power note). Fix You was another great tune with the crowd joining in with the singing.

Strawberry Swing was next and an extremely sweet song. Jonny played it excellent and I couldn't help but sing along with Chris. There was a short break and the boy headed to C stage to play their techno remixes of the song, at first We wondered what was going on but then the beat came and we all quickly worked out what was going on...it was brilliance!! Chris then stayed to play the Hardest Part,introducing the song something along the lines of "this next song didn't make it into Shane Warne the Musical, but it brought us here" he's amazing acousticly but stuffed up the second verse...he swore, laughed and kept playing, he's very talented! The next song proved exactly this as he perfectly paid postcards from far far away I haven't heard a more sweet piano piece. "Ahhh Ooooh Uhhh Ooooh" Yep, it was here, VIVA LA VIDA, the song of the night performance of the night, Chris introduced it as the song in which "We'll attempt the biggest collaboration between band and crowd" It really did happen, 15, 000 chorused "Ahhh Ooooh Uhhh Ooooh" it was EPIC!Will certaintly knows how to drum :drummer: Lost followed it was another epic song, I love how Guy played the drums!!:drummer:

The acoustic set was upon us and the band made their way into the stands. Here they played Speed of Sound, Green Eyes and Death Will Never Conquer. Will is the most awesome Human jukebox ever!! **BAM BAM BAM** is the next thing I hear and the intro to Politik thunders from the stage! Lovers in Japan follows and its probably the most emotional song of the night for me, there's so many butterflies and chris looked extremely cool with his umbrella. Finally, it was Death And All His Friends, again the vocals were absolutely amazing. As the final notes rings out, I have a bitter sweet feeeling, was it over?

NO OF COURSE NOT, the band were back to play the Scientist! It was a good performance too, they did it perfectly. A rack of coats is brought on stage, the Sgt. Pepper ones, I then hear a dulcimer, the final song LIT2 is played. I felt the urge to get up and dance!

All around the perfromance was amazing...I loved it from the moment it started to the moment it finished. Funniest moment was when Chris ripped his pants!! He said it only happens when he's really into the performance. Worst part was the people infront of us!:inquisitive:

Great review man :D :D :D!!

Heres a video of Will/Chris that I took.

:bomb: :dead:

Great video!!

You were close close close indeed!!

And still your audio quality is great as well...

MY camera can't do that.

I love watching Will drumming with his whole body... looks goooood!