✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Band similar to Coldplay!

Hermes_tri

I only really bother listening to Coldplay and the Beatles, so that's as far as I go with my advice! :P If you don't own a lot of Beatles, though, you should get more. Immediately. ;)

I agree about Radiohead... I've tried listening to them, but because a lot of people I really hate are obsessed with them and just play "Creep" over and over, that kind of ruined them for me :\ I don't think I'd like them anyway, though.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three bands

1. Delta Spirit

2. Eric Hutchinson

3. Brendan Benson

They may not sound like Coldplay, but they are all as passionate as Chris Martin is when he preforms live, and they write great music.

Yes, passion is very important. That's why I love Travis and Keane too.;)

Please help me!!

Tried U2, not really... I think lyrics are not my type.. What album should I give a go? they have so many..:dozey:

Maybe Keane? tried couple of songs now, pretty good!! Thinking of buying an album...:P

Which u2 have you listened to? Joshua Tree is one of the greatest albums of all time IMO, but their most recent work is pretty coldplayish, especially tracks like "city of blinding lights".

Yeah you'd def. like Keane, also check out some mid to late beatles, sigur ros's latest album and the shins. All very melodic. The Killers are also a safe bet any day of the week.

try: The Fray, very similar to coldplay

and you can never go wrong with the Rolling Stones. exile on main street, sticky fingers, goats head soup, let it bleed, or tattoo you.

cheers

The Rolling Stones are nothing like Coldplay! Where on earth did that come from??:stunned:

Yeah, it's kind of annoying when coldplay fans want recommendations and people immediately recommend their favorites like Nirvana or Muse even though they sound nothing like coldplay (and I like those bands, just saying that even though I like Nirvana and Coldplay, doesn't mean that there are valid similarities between them and that it's safe to assume other coldplay fans will also like grunge).

You should try Radiohead again.......I didn't like their sound at the begining & then I realized that I like their sound more starting from OK Computer till In Rainbows, not really into Pablo Honey (Except Creep & Blow Out) nor The Bends (Except Street Spirit (Fade Out) of course!!!)

You should start with those:

Hail to the Thief---> 2 + 2 = 5 - Sit Down Stand up - Backdrifts - There There

In Rainbows:

CD1---> 15 Step - Weird Fishes-Arpeggi - All I Need - Faust Arp

CD2---> If you liked the first one, you'll definitely like that one too ;)

If you didn't like Radiohead, try Traviz, Muse, & U2.......they are great too.

Nine Days is a huge favorite of mine, not really similar to Coldplay, but you may like them.

Also:

Keane

The Secret Machines

Porcupine Tree

Marillion

The Pineapple Thief

Travis

Lifehouse

The Goo Goo Dolls

Muse

Mew

Elbow

Dave Matthews Band

Third Eye Blind

Soul Asylum

albert hammond jr from the strokes

aqualung

editors

foo fighters

gnarls barkley

interpol

keane

maroon 5

oasis

one republic

its all i h

richard ashcroft and the verve

snow patrol

goo goo dolls

the killers

the last goodnight

the cinematics

all i have ;]

This is an interesting question. Music like Coldplays, I don't know. But three comments on bands that are probably going to be mentioned:

1. Radiohead - One of my absolute favorite bands, but it has been my experience that it is actually work to get to like these guys. But now, I love this band to death. Not a "first listen" band though.

2. U2 - Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby will be obvious, but if you enjoy the ambient sound of some of the new Coldplay songs, I would recommend The Unforgettable Fire. A Sort of Homecoming, Bad, and MLK...good stuff. And much like Coldplay, I think seeing them live allows their music to take on a whole new dynamic.

3. The Killers - In my opinion, the only band that has the chops and ambition to challenge Coldplay for the new biggest band in the world title. If you don't like Radiohead, this is the opposite end of the spectrum. A lot of times my first impression is their stuff is cheesy, but it always grows on me. Perhaps a guilty pleasure for me. I like all three of their albums and the B-side disc.

Besides that, I could give you a list of a hundred bands that I, personally, like. These just seem appropriate to the conversation.

Some albums to try:

Damien Rice- O

Interpol- Tirn on the Bright Lights

Sufjan Stevens- Come on Feel the Illinoise!

Arcade Fire- Funeral and Neon Bible (both LPs are just beauty)

The Killers- Hot Fuse

Sigur Ros- Ágætis byrjun

Radiohead- The Bends

Depeche Mode- Violator

Arctic Monkeys- Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not

No Radiohead - dont like the sound much :(..

??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Coldplay practically tries to sound like Radiohead.

You need to listen to Kid A.

Seriously... I would do almost anything to live in England where its cold, rainy, and the sun doesn't come out - No I'm not depressed - I'm prone to depression, but have wanted to live there for quite awhile. Point is, you don't like Radiohead?

????????????