✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

31-Aug-2009: Stadio Friuli-Udine, Italy - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

Hello world, slept only 4 hours tonight and am at work right now so I cannot post too much :uhoh:

I will try to be more detailed this evening when I'll be back home. It was a great gig (yeah ok I'm not really obejctive, I'm not able with them), being in the front rows is the way to go at Coldplay gigs. Loved their expression when they entered, haven't seen any video of life in technicolor yet but they showed the sea of crowns and balloons on the big videowall and it looked amazing :D

Chris seemed really happy but tired at the same time and said he had a sore throat (can't remember when exactly sorry), he should really just take his time and fully recover, cause I have a feeling it's the same problem that made them cancel Tampa :\

aaanyway I managed to get hold of a setlist from the same roadie who gave it me in Dublin last year and to whom I said to have one ready for me in Wembley :P

setlistc.jpg

still pissed for our gate opened minutes after the other :dozey:

pics to follow, some great ones for the Jonny lovers as for the first time ever in 12 gigs I was on his side of the stage...it will probably happen again in other 12 gigs :lol:

jonny.jpg

@jeff: glad you had a great time :D

Thanks Denise, I thought his voice sounded rough when I was watching some vids before :confused:

I hope he holds out until Wembers, poor boy needs some time off desperately.

Nice Jonny pic :wideeyed:

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey! well.. just a few words for the amazing show of yesterday night:D

well.. the stadium was full of people and you could see italian and not fans waiting for them with a lot of balloons! :heart:

Chris was sooo cute when he tried to speak in italian :heart:

i think when they played Viva La Vida every single person in that stadium was singing and dancing with Chris! such a beautiful moment!

im sorry for the random comments but im still a bit shocked!!

oh, and last thing.. i saw Guy, Will (twice) and Phil going in and out the backstage:wideeyed:

As I said before the yesterday’s concert really was fantastic.

But from the beginning.

My friends and I arrived at Udine at around 9 am. There were quite few people already queuing. We then sat and waited and waited and waited. I never find waiting difficult but this time … well it was so hot, too hot. I didn’t want to drink too much cause I was afraid that during the concert I’ll have to go to the loo. I became slightly depressed but I kept saying to myself that after the concert I won’t even remember that part. Then around 3pm we could hear White Lies doing the sound check and I got in the better mood. Then around 4pm the gates opened. When I entered the stadium I was standing on the top of the seating area. I was so confused but then saw that I have to run down the stairs and around lots of barriers … I got their, few people were already there …I could stand in the front row in front of Chris but there was place just for one person and I didn’t want to be separated from my friends so I went more to the right (my point of the view). Honestly I was a bit disappointed but I had a great view there as well 

Around 7 pm Ministri started playing. They were an Italian indie rock band. My favourite type of music is indie rock so I liked them. I only didn’t like the part that they were singing in Italian (well I only like English lyrics). Nice one anyway!

Then White Lies came on the stage. I completely adore them. They definitely warmed me up ;) While I was singing and dancing along some people around me were giving me strange looks :S What a supporting band!

Ooh and before their performance Miller came on stage he was adjusting some sort of camera I think  And I could see behind some curtains … and there was Arlene going around. 

And then … woooooo  The moment we were waiting for.

Well The usual 3 songs first to warm up the crowd and then Life in Technicolor …

I believe you’ve heard that Italian fans were organizing choreography with balloons and crowns. We were all waving with balloons before guys came on stage. And then they came and I think that they completely loved it. Maybe it was just me but I saw how they were all laughing (in a good way) and rocking the LiT.

Then they played Violet Hill and people were singing along like crazy. Behind me there were three people who were really upset. They didn’t like it that others were jumping, screaming … weird! Then they asked securities if they can get them out- I was happy when they left cause then the real party started :P

There setlist didn’t bring anything new so Clocks followed. I fell in love with Coldplay back then when I first heard that song. So, hearing it live … I have teary eyes even now. AMAZING

I’m not sure but I think that after Clocks Chris talked a bit. I can’t speak Italian, so somebody else will have to tell what he said. Well he was saying “grazia mille” (hope spelling is correct) a lot- these were the only words I could understand.

I’ll stop here for now

I hope that you don’t mind it but I have some thing to do 

well.. i'll try to tell what happened better:P

we went in the stadium when the gate opened, so at 4 pm..

i didnt saw Ministri and a part of White Lies perfomance cause i had found a place where i could see the entrance of the backstage:wideeyed: there were big black cars, trucks and people of security.. oooh:surprised:

so my sister and i stayed there for about 3 hours i think! at the beginning we didnt really think we could see someone but we had to spend our time in some way so we stayed!

suddenly we saw one of those black cars moving and Will was gettin in!! omg!! i couldnt believe it!! i was :o :stunned: :wideeyed:!!! i was almost crying!!

then immediately the car went out.. i dont know where it went:P

then i saw Phil!!! at the beginning when i saw him i wasnt sure he was Phil!:P cause he turned one's back on us, but then i recognised him!!! again i was :stunned: he was talking on the cell phone.. hehe

then the black car came back and Will went it the back stage.. :D

the last i saw was Guy!!!!!!!!! another black car reached the entrance and he went out the car with Arlene (:angry: sorry im so jealous)and another blonde woman :dozey:

we stayed there for another hour i think, hoping to see Chris and Jonny but nothing:( maybe they were already inside:\

i made some videos but they're not good.. maybe i'll try yo upload some later:)

ps: sorry if i made mistakes but im still excited if i think of yesterday!!

that's my question, too xD

Did Chris sing everything right?

I didn't discover a lyrical mistake...maybe someone else?!

Maybe they just had the giggles or maybe Chris was making Guy laugh, is hard to see with Will in the way.

well.. i'll try to tell what happened better:P

we went in the stadium when the gate opened, so at 4 pm..

i didnt saw Ministri and a part of White Lies perfomance cause i had found a place where i could see the entrance of the backstage:wideeyed: there were big black cars, trucks and people of security.. oooh:surprised:

so my sister and i stayed there for about 3 hours i think! at the beginning we didnt really think we could see someone but we had to spend our time in some way so we stayed!

suddenly we saw one of those black cars moving and Will was gettin in!! omg!! i couldnt believe it!! i was :o :stunned: :wideeyed:!!! i was almost crying!!

then immediately the car went out.. i dont know where it went:P

then i saw Phil!!! at the beginning when i saw him i wasnt sure he was Phil!:P cause he turned one's back on us, but then i recognised him!!! again i was :stunned: he was talking on the cell phone.. hehe

then the black car came back and Will went it the back stage.. :D

the last i saw was Guy!!!!!!!!! another black car reached the entrance and he went out the car with Arlene (:angry: sorry im so jealous)and another blonde woman :dozey:

we stayed there for another hour i think, hoping to see Chris and Jonny but nothing:( maybe they were already inside:\

i made some videos but they're not good.. maybe i'll try yo upload some later:)

ps: sorry if i made mistakes but im still excited if i think of yesterday!!

Yay for seeing them go in :nice:

Sneaking in another pic, this time Guy

salver.jpg

I don't know why but I seem to always have a pic where he's looking right at the camera, and I only realise it afterwards flicking through them :lol:

Oh and I was sure I had seen Arlene coming out of one of the tourbuses early in the afternoon, but that's just because she's the only blonde I know working for them and that girl really looked like her :P

Anyway Giulia I guess you were at the north entrance, as that's where the security told us they were coming in. We gave up waiting for them when we realised they were not going to do the soundcheck and once inside I was not even gonna try to move from where I was, as I fought to be there :mean:

Thanks everybody for the great reviews! :)

And aww, Giulia, as I already said, I'm so happy for you! :) I really thought of you yesterday and you see, Coldplaying Karma works just SO well! :D I'm sorry you didn't get to see Chris and/or Jonny, but oh well... ;) I just think you should have tried to call them or at least wave at them (if possible, of course). :D

Sneaking in another pic, this time Guy

salver.jpg

I don't know why but I seem to always have a pic where he's looking right at the camera, and I only realise it afterwards flicking through them :lol:

Oh and I was sure I had seen Arlene coming out of one of the tourbuses early in the afternoon, but that's just because she's the only blonde I know working for them and that girl really looked like her :P

Anyway Giulia I guess you were at the north entrance, as that's where the security told us they were coming in. We gave up waiting for them when we realised they were not going to do the soundcheck and once inside I was not even gonna try to move from where I was, as I fought to be there :mean:

yeh exactly!

Hello world, slept only 4 hours tonight and am at work right now so I cannot post too much :uhoh:

I will try to be more detailed this evening when I'll be back home. It was a great gig (yeah ok I'm not really obejctive, I'm not able with them), being in the front rows is the way to go at Coldplay gigs. Loved their expression when they entered, haven't seen any video of life in technicolor yet but they showed the sea of crowns and balloons on the big videowall and it looked amazing :D

Chris seemed really happy but tired at the same time and said he had a sore throat (can't remember when exactly sorry), he should really just take his time and fully recover, cause I have a feeling it's the same problem that made them cancel Tampa :\

aaanyway I managed to get hold of a setlist from the same roadie who gave it me in Dublin last year and to whom I said to have one ready for me in Wembley :P

setlistc.jpg

still pissed for our gate opened minutes after the other :dozey:

pics to follow, some great ones for the Jonny lovers as for the first time ever in 12 gigs I was on his side of the stage...it will probably happen again in other 12 gigs :lol:

jonny.jpg

@jeff: glad you had a great time :D

Congrats on the setlist again :D And great Jonny pic :heart: I sure hope Chris gets well, he's been really frail recently :\

This is a great video :D Look at Will go :wideeyed:

Can't wait until we hear from some peeps :D

Hi! I'm just back from Udine! It was a great gig! I'll try to write more later ...

I'm writing because I'm happily suprised to see this viedeo: I was closed to the stage-B ... the crown that Chris take in this video was mine ( better .... I did it, but it was my brother that throw it to him ... ) - Is obviouse but I've to say it again: Chris is alwasy very, very kind!

Our coreographies (ColdplayItalia and ColdplayZone) were nice enought ...

First impression about the concert: it was a little bit "standard", but I love Coldplay concerts a lot, anyway!!! Some pics as soon as I can!

:)