🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Official Tennis Thread

rudy_o

:thumbsup:

Oooo Congrats....first week tickets are great cos you get to see so many matches. Have you been before..?

My mum just got her ballot letter back yesterday....and we got Men's Semi's Day - Centre Court !!!! And I went SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :D

I'm so chuffed. Just hope I can get that day off work and Murray makes it to the semis *crosses fingers*

Thanks, congrats to you aswell, Men's Semi's? Very lucky indeed! :D

I reckon Murray will be in there, along with Nadal and obviously the true king of grass Mr. Federer ;)

Nah, this is the first time I even entered the ballot, so it will be my first live tennis. The most famous court in the world isnt a bad place to start eh! I am sooo excited I really cant wait. Have you been before?

Yeah Im hoping to get a good few matches... I think Ill probably see Nadal, as the defending men's champ opens play on Monday, and then each side of the draw plays on alternate days, so he should be there on Wednesday. Ooh that was a long explanation! Mind you Id rather have Federer, but hey Im definetely not complaining, I know tickets are very very hard to get!

Who do people reckon will win this year then? Im hoping Murray knocks out Rafa in the semis and then Federer wins in 5 sets. Not too much to ask??!! :rolleyes::laugh3:

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad news on the Federer front -

"Dear Fans,

Today I am disappointed to announce that I am withdrawing from both Dubai and the Davis Cup tie in the United States. This was a hard decision to make as I am missing not only one of my favorite events on tour in Dubai but I am also missing out on an opportunity to help my country try and move on to the next round of Davis Cup. After injuring my back last fall, I did not have enough time to strengthen it completely. As a precautionary measure, I will use the next few weeks to make sure the back injury is fully rehabilitated and I am ready for the rest of the 2009 season.

As always, thanks for your continued support.

Roger"

Not happy about this news :( I thought he was completely over the back injury... it didnt cause him any problems in Australia?!

Cant believe he would pull out of Davis Cup... without him Switzerland have virtually no chance against the US, such a shame. Roger and Stan had a great chance of winning in doubles and Roger in his singles... Im sure they could have made it through to the next round.

I really hope this back problem isnt an ongoing thing. Mind you, Id rather he rest and get 100% fit now than it cause him problems during French Open or Wimbledon, these are the most important things now.

Oopsy, Im turning this thread into a Federer thread but I really cant help it! :rolleyes: I love the way he adresses his letters directly to the fans and thanks them, such a gent! :)

Event Info|BARCLAYS DUBAI CHAMPIONSHIPS

WOMEN'S EVENT: Feb 15 - Feb 21

MEN'S EVENT: Feb 23 - Feb 28

OFFICIAL WEBSITE: Click here

WOMEN'S RESULTS | ROUND 2

[1] S Williams (USA) d S Errani (ITA) 4-6 6-2 6-0

V Razzano (FRA) d [2] D Safina (RUS) 6-4 6-2

[3] J Jankovic (SRB) d M Niculescu (ROU) 6-3 6-2

[4] E Dementieva (RUS) d S Bammer (AUT) 7-5 6-2

[5] V Zvonareva (RUS) d [WC] V Dushevina (RUS) 6-0 6-3

[6] V Williams (USA) d A Pavlyuchenkova (RUS) 6-0 6-1

[10] A Cornet (FRA) d [Q] J Schruff (GER) 6-1 6-2

[11] M Bartoli (FRA) d F Schiavone (ITA) 7-6(5) 3-6 6-3

[12] D Cibulkova (SVK) d T Pironkova (BUL) 7-6(5) 6-4

[13] J Zheng (CHN) d S Stosur (AUS) 36 7--5 7-5

[14] A Medina Garrigues (ESP) d A Bondarenko (UKR) 6-2 7-5

[16] K Kanepi (EST) d [WC] S Mirza (IND) 7-5 6-2

D Hantuchova (SVK) d [LL] A Morita (JPN) 7-6(1) 6-2

[LL] C Pin (FRA) d [Q] U Radwanska (POL) 6-7(6) 7-5 2-0 rtd. (heat illness)

• 3 weeks later...

I know Baby Fed is going to be the sweetest, it will be so cute cheering him on at all his matches! Gah I shouldnt be so excited about this but I really am :dance::dance::sunny::D:heart::dance::D :dance::dance::sunny::D:heart::dance::D :dance::dance::sunny::D:heart::D :dance::dance::sunny::D:heart::dance::D :dance::dance::sunny::D:heart::dance::D :dance::dance::sunny::D:heart::dance::D :dance::dance::sunny::D:heart::dance:

Back to the tennis, who do you think will win Indian Wells next week? I think its fairly obvious who I want to win, but Im not sure that he will, he has a fairly difficult draw.

I know Baby Fed is going to be the sweetest, it will be so cute cheering him on at all his matches! Gah I shouldnt be so excited about this but I really am :dance::dance::sunny::D:heart::dance::D :dance::dance::sunny::D:heart::dance::D :dance::dance::sunny::D:heart::D :dance::dance::sunny::D:heart::dance::D :dance::dance::sunny::D:heart::dance::D :dance::dance::sunny::D:heart::dance::D :dance::dance::sunny::D:heart::dance:

Back to the tennis, who do you think will win Indian Wells next week? I think its fairly obvious who I want to win, but Im not sure that he will, he has a fairly difficult draw.

Murray, of course.:smug:

Thought Id post the news here, Federer and his girlfriend are expecting a baby! Very exciting news and I wish them both the best. :D That baby is going to inherit some serious tennis skill!

But if they ever split up, would that make his girlfriend a "Fed-ex"??:rolleyes:

Back to the tennis' date=' who do you think will win Indian Wells next week? I think its fairly obvious who I want to win, but Im not sure that he will, he has a fairly difficult draw.[/quote']

Feddddd!!!!!!! :dance: