✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Confession Thread

raelikescoldplay

part of my reasons for liking it are personal: i've always been interested in indian culture, i think about the concept of fate a lot, blah blah. but besides that, i like how it takes a pretty average long-lost love story and puts a new spin on it with the structure of the film, how it's not completely straightforward. i also thought the cinematography was beautiful and that the score was amazing, and that almost all of the parts were extremely well acted for children with no experience and young adults with next to no experience. i thought the screenplay was well-written and beautifully expanded from the book, and that the end dance scene was awesome.

i have to say i somewhat see the points that people are making about it being not so mindblowingly original or anything, but i don't know, i feel somewhat of a personal connection with this movie for an unexplicable reason. i don't really expect to convert anyone to my opinion; i'm just glad lots of critics agree with me.

i confess that one of the only reasons i'm on this board all the time is because i don't really like the place that i'm in, and talking to people that i like and have things in common with is a change of pace from college. coldplaying is sadly a bit of an escape.

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See that's another thing that annoyed me about it, if it's going to be done with accents and some scenes actually have subtitles, why not just make the whole thing subtitled? It would have won continuity points with me for that one.

The Score was horrible for me, it was like the soundtrack to Skins.

the cinematography was good yeah, the kids were indeed good actors and The dance bit at the end was one of the highlights for me

I still can't really understand how any of that amounts to 9/10(/11 in your case) out of 10, like I said in the other thread, it's an original storytelling device but that's about it, other than that it's really nothing special and come next year you will have forgotten about it.

i confess that i've seen slumdog millionaire 5 times so far, and that i think it's the best thing since sliced bread.

5 times really!?!? :stunned:

I liked it, but I definitely think that it is getting a little more hype than it deserves. It was a good film, but people are making too big a deal out of it.. there have been better movies than this one.. certainly in this year.. so the fact that it will probably win the Academy Award for best picture is a little worrying.

i confess that one of the only reasons i'm on this board all the time is because i don't really like the place that i'm in, and talking to people that i like and have things in common with is a change of pace from college. coldplaying is sadly a bit of an escape.

I confess to the same thing, only that I'm trying to escape my family life.

I confess that I hate Rafael Nadal.

Hallelujah! I don't like him either.

Yeah, but most of the times I just think "Stupid me"! :angry:

:lol:

Uh-huh, i totally get what you're talking about sistah. I'm such a silly person! One minute i'm extremely happy and day dreaming about stuff and the next minute i'm like "bah, fuck it..none of that stuff is going to happen anyway. You stupid girl! :disappointed:"

^thank god im not the only one

i confess that i make a fool of myself in public quite often:\

me and my friends were at the mall yesterday and i decided to yell "happy australia day" from the fountain...it was fun untill i realized everyone was looking at me like i was crazy:embarassed: well, maybe i am:P

Uh-huh, i totally get what you're talking about sistah. I'm such a silly person! One minute i'm extremely happy and day dreaming about stuff and the next minute i'm like "bah, fuck it..none of that stuff is going to happen anyway. You stupid girl! :disappointed:"

:lolsad: EXACTLY, this is what I say. Imagining all that stuff is great but then you return to reality and see none of it happening, gah. :disappointed:

I confess that even though it's bad for me to just let him do with me whatever he likes, I look forward to it. And then bang my head into a wall because I shouldn't let that happen and should tell him a piece of my mind. Bah.