✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

30-Jul-09: Rogers Centre, Toronto, ON - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos/Videos

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm going to take my chances with the general on sale. I'm not paying $66 for Argos tickets that I'm never going to use. Don't forget, they have the 4 nights before and 3 nights after July 30th with nothing scheduled. If this show sells out instantly on Monday (or before) they will probably add another.

Here's a theory...

Coldplay want to play 2 shows at the Rogers Centre in Toronto on July 29th and 30th. Initially they announce it for July 29th, with the intention of getting the Argos game on July 30th moved so they can play a show that night as well. The on-sale is delayed due to problems getting the Argo game moved. They eventually come to an agreement that the Argos will move their July 30th game, if Coldplay will allow people who buy Argo tickets first access to the tickets (ie. makes Argos a lot of money). Coldplay agree, but obviously the Argos will not get as many people buying their tickets if the general public know that there will be another show (ie. on the 29th) that will be a regular sale (ie. no Argos presale). So they come to the agreement that the show on the 30th will be the advertised one (hence the date change), and an extra show can be added on the 29th (or 31st I guess).

That's probably all BS, but you never know.

Alright people we all need to take a deep breath and just calm ourselves.

So here's what's likely to happen, there are 4 pre-sales tomorrow. The one through the argo's though some people don't think it's fair, it is 100% fair. Why is it fair? Because even if it was at the ACC, every single person that has Leaf season seats, or raptors season seats would have had access to the tickets before the General Public. That's why if you go on ticketsnow.com, etorontotickets.com or ticket broker websites they have tickets for events that have not gone on sale yet to the General Public. For instance No Doubt at the ACC. Tickets have been available for a few weeks now on websites for that specific reason.

It is 100% fair and loyal to customers who pay thousands of dollars year after year at Arena venues to gain first access. It's a perk of paying all that money.

Now as for pre-sale information I would assume that there will be a livenation pre-sale on friday.

All other pre-sales starting tomorrow... well you will just have to go on google and search for places that give out free passwords.

As for the sound at the Rogers Center, a few of my colleagues from work have been there recently to see ACDC and said it sounded great. There are NO SEATS BEHIND THE STAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. ALL SEATS ARE FACING THE STAGE.

I have Leafs seasons tickets and we don't get any first access to tickets for anything else. Just because things are held at the same venue doesn't mean we get first access

i dunno bout the time sorry :(

i sure hope the GA Floor are available and isn't it kinda stupid that you HAVE to pay for the argos tickets first and then maybe they won't even have the tickets you want in the presale

-_-

Read the thread carefully!

it specifically states on the Argos website.

Are these Coldplay tickets going to have all price levels available including the top tier tickets? Yes, based on availability, on a first-come, first-served basis. The top price is only $99 plus service charges.

I have Leafs seasons tickets and we don't get any first access to tickets for anything else. Just because things are held at the same venue doesn't mean we get first access

Well hate to break it to you dude, but my uncle has Leafs seasons tix too and gets first crack at HIS seats to ANY concert at the ACC. Do you have the license to your seats?

;2863078']Read the thread carefully!

it specifically states on the Argos website.

Are these Coldplay tickets going to have all price levels available including the top tier tickets? Yes, based on availability, on a first-come, first-served basis. The top price is only $99 plus service charges.

well before some people were doubting that so yeah but it's good if they do

Very Leaf game is sold out, why bother doing a promotion.

Argo games, not sold out

So, there's the Argos pre-sale tomorrow. We get that. But according to Ticketmaster, there's another pre-sale starting 10:00A.M. on Friday, the 6th? >_>

presale begins:Fri, 03/06/09

10:00 AM

I might just have to sell my Bloc Party tickets for this bullshit. >.<

So, there's the Argos pre-sale tomorrow. We get that. But according to Ticketmaster, there's another pre-sale starting 10:00A.M. on Friday, the 6th? >_>

I might just have to sell my Bloc Party tickets for this bullshit. >.<

LOL, I am going to that concert too. You might be onto something! :)

TICKET PRE-SALE POTENTIAL PASSWORD AND OTHER INFORMATION

the concert will not sell out via pre-sale, they have a limit on how many seats they can release for pre-sales.

My guess is that for the pre-sale what will happen is you will have the option of purchasing tickets but with the added $66. IE go on http://www.ticketmaster.ca go to the tragically hip, and where it says "add CD for $22" click through there, and it will let you see which seats you get for your money. I have a feeling it will be the same style format. So for the coldplay concert it will allow you to search for your tickets so say you want 2 the purchase screen will come up with your two tcikets at xx.xx of dollars plus the 66 dollars. That is really the only way they can do it properly.

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/1000425BF4049E18?artistid=736328&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

Go to that link and notice where it says ticket + CD, I imagine the coldplay will say ticket + voucher.

GLOBE AND MAIL PRE-SALE

I have been browsing online for GLOBE AND MAIL PRE-SALE INFORMATION.

It is called the GLOBE AND MAIL RECOGNITION PROGRAM. Based on two other concerts under this same promotion, the passwords have been either:

GLOBE

OR

RECOGNITION.

I HOPE THIS HELPS.

LOL, I am going to that concert too. You might be onto something! :)

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Seriously though. I work at Wal-Mart. :( I can't afford a lot of gigs.

I also have to see Death Cab For Cutie on April 05. Ah, the mysteries of life.

EDIT: I think we should turn this thread into a discussion about the CMW and Bloc Party, yes?!

We should also change the name of the website to BlocPartying.com. Just a suggestion...

GO ARGOS!

I had to beg, but I've been told this is how it's gonna be:

1) the landing page will have a link for the presale to bring you to a page we've all seen before, the ticket page.

2) the argos vouchers and coldplay seats are bundled as one package, and you search for your coldplay seats as you would if they were on their own. the vouchers are a standard seat, you don't choose those so the only variable is the coldplay seats (again, all seat locations are up for grabs)

3) you then get to the order confirmation and the argos vouchers are just an add on, no passwords, no confusion (except up till now)

That's it, the thing that worries me more than the argos piece is the service charges, they'll probably be just as high as the vouchers - hope not.

Well hate to break it to you dude, but my uncle has Leafs seasons tix too and gets first crack at HIS seats to ANY concert at the ACC. Do you have the license to your seats?

no cluee

We get first crack at our seats for anything hockey related. Anything hockey related that is at the ACC like the world juniors and stuff we get.

Doesn't really matter though.

I had to beg, but I've been told this is how it's gonna be:

1) the landing page will have a link for the presale to bring you to a page we've all seen before, the ticket page.

2) the argos vouchers and coldplay seats are bundled as one package, and you search for your coldplay seats as you would if they were on their own. the vouchers are a standard seat, you don't choose those so the only variable is the coldplay seats (again, all seat locations are up for grabs)

3) you then get to the order confirmation and the argos vouchers are just an add on, no passwords, no confusion (except up till now)

That's it, the thing that worries me more than the argos piece is the service charges, they'll probably be just as high as the vouchers - hope not.

So basically what i said in the post already lol